Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Jrue Holiday signs 5 year 126 Mil deal with Pels

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    "Average at best." Lol okay. There is a sizable contingent here who really believes Jrue is a total scrub...

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I have my doubts about Jrue but he is no scrub. He is a two way player and there arent that many. I would prefer Jrue at 22m rather than Teague at 19. 25m is not the best deal but it's not horrible. Jrue is solid but there is quite a good chance we all will be happy with his contract and regret there is player option in his 5th year. Another positive aspect of giving him the contract is that the organization did exactly what they had been saying for months and that must be something new for Cousins . We need to add another starting guard and find some bench pieces and we are ready to compete next year. I just hope we dont overpay Jrue's brother

At his best Jrue is a phenomenal player, he's already in pre season training, so is AD, so is DmC.

This is going to be a special year for us

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I'm for getting Bledsoe! I like trading for him and sign CJ Miles and Collison with the MLE.
    Thinking way too high. No way anyone will get Miles AND Collison with the MLE. Also, I cannot see that we have much that the Suns would want for Bledsoe unless one 1st rounder and scraps would get it done.

Right!!! They don't know bball...

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Lol. You are a lost cause.
    Let's hope you are right and this contract isn't.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Thinking way too high. No way anyone will get Miles AND Collison with the MLE. Also, I cannot see that we have much that the Suns would want for Bledsoe unless one 1st rounder and scraps would get it done.
    So, a rebuilding team, looking to get Bledsoe off the books & younger wouldn't want Diello and a 1st round pick. That seems ODD !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    So, a rebuilding team, looking to get Bledsoe off the books & younger wouldn't want Diello and a 1st round pick. That seems ODD !
    Need to match salaries. Who else would they want to get close to Bledsoe's $14 million? We don't have short term contracts or young players that would interest them.

Asik. They are not in it to win it this year & next year Asik could be stretched to almost nothing. So, they get a promising big and a 2018 1st round pick to get rid of Bledsoe & eat a bad contract for 18 months.
    Last edited by Tinman; 07-01-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    "Average at best." Lol okay. There is a sizable contingent here who really believes Jrue is a total scrub...

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
    I'd lump Holiday with Teague and George Hill as the 13-15 best point guards in the league. Holiday is making $6-11 million a year more than Teague with twice as much guaranteed money. $6-11 million would buy us a true sixth man. We don't even have a starter quality SG or SF. 3 years for $57 million vs 5 years for 125 to 150 million. That is just stupid.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-01-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I'd lump Holiday with Teague and George Hill as the 13-15 best point guards in the league. Holiday is making $6-11 million a year more than Teague with twice as much guaranteed money. $6-11 million would buy us a true sixth man. We don't even have a starter quality SG or SF. 3 years for $57 million vs 5 years for 125 to 150 million. That is just stupid.
    Here's the BIG HOLE in your POV . Jrue is not going to play PG. so, we paid 25 to a guy that is playing a position that he has proven ZILCH.

Totally this

Asik. They are not in it to win it this year & next year Asik could be stretched to almost nothing. So, they get a promising big and a 2018 1st round pick to get rid of Bledsoe & eat a bad contract for 18 months.
    Can't see them taking on $25 in guaranteed money for Asik just to stretch him next year.

Can't see them taking on $25 in guaranteed money for Asik just to stretch him next year.
    PF, that's the give and take. We are giving them a promising young big, a 1st round pick & they are getting rid of 30 million guaranteed. So, they eat Asiks contract and pick up 2 young players. Pho would probably offer us Knight faster than Bledsoe. 45 guaranteed for 3 yrs on his. I think I would prefer Bledsoe.
    Last edited by Tinman; 07-01-2017 at 06:45 PM.

JJ Reddick just got $23M... y'all bugging

All-Star
    When will people realize that whether he got $17m or $30m we are still over the cap for the next 3 seasons (assuming we maxing Boogie which is the plan) and that those $6-$11m are not spendable on any FA?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    1 year though. The 76ers need to spend to the floor and wanted to maintain flexibility. That is why they are paying so much for 1 year.

1 year though. The 76ers need to spend to the floor and wanted to maintain flexibility. That is why they are paying so much for 1 year.
    Exactly, they literally have to overspend, and are doing so wisely with Reddick: short-term deal, fills a need, and great locker room personality.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Fair enough. But Allen Crabbe is making 18.5M a year. I expected JJ to get the same. Holiday is a much better player than both of those guys.

Fair enough. But Allen Crabbe is making 18.5M a year. I expected JJ to get the same. Holiday is a much better player than both of those guys.
    One bad contract doesn't justify another.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    One bad contract doesn't justify another.
    I don't think they are bad contracts. That's just what players are getting now, it is what it is.

I don't think they are bad contracts. That's just what players are getting now, it is what it is.
    If Crabbe's contract wasn't bad, Portland wouldn't be looking to move it one year in. It is widely acknowledged as terrible. Disagreeing with that assesment either shows a lack of understanding about the player or the market.

I'm not even going to get into Jrue's contract because that's been covered extensively enough. The facts are there, you can interpret them how you want. But using Crabbe's contract to justify Jrue's is plain silly.

If anything, Crabbe's contract is an example of what not to do, which is to overpay because everyone else is. That's how bad teams operate.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-01-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Whats a "true sixth man"? Because Jordan Crawford played as well as the guy the just won the award for that. His stats say as much.

And if you are going to include the $11 million incentivized portion of Holiday's contract, then he is no longer in your 13-15 group now is he?

Lol yea for 1 year
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Whats a "true sixth man"? Because Jordan Crawford played as well as the guy the just won the award for that. His stats say as much.

And if you are going to include the $11 million incentivized portion of Holiday's contract, then he is no longer in your 13-15 group now is he?
    This and sure you can say it was a limited amount of time sure if he was a rook but this guy is a vet who's been there and played a significant role on teams I mean people don't even know how he wasn't on a teams to begin with

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information