Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Jrue Holiday signs 5 year 126 Mil deal with Pels

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Lol. You're supposed to let them vent for a bit before squashing that nonsense so thoroughly.
    Once Hill and Lowery sign we will see just how much we outbid ourselves. As noted above Teague and Mills signed, and neither of them received crazy numbers because those gms don't have the crap record that Demps does.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This is a terrible decision. We just overpaid for an overrated player. On top of that, the Pels are stuck with him for 5 years.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Teague is the 10th highest paid and Mills is the 20th. I have a sneaking suspicion that we outbid ourselves.
    I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but I'll take Jrue at 25 over Teague at 19 every day of the week. yet, everyone is praising the wolves and killing us for the respective deals. IMHO in a market that gives Jeff Teague 19m a year, Jrue is worth 25.

Get over its a done deal move on. Good god some of you are making this a miserable place to be.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but I'll take Jrue at 25 over Teague at 19 every day of the week. yet, everyone is praising the wolves and killing us for the respective deals. IMHO in a market that gives Jeff Teague 19m a year, Jrue is worth 25.
    The advanced metrics support Teague being a much more efficient player. Jrue has more upside but Teague produces more efficiently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    It's not as easy as looking at the average. Teague is a 2+1. Holiday is a 4+1 with incentives. So, Holiday's deal could be upwards of $68-$112 million in additional guaranteed money

good move..most teams have 2 stars now and this keeps us with 3 all stars..we need shooters and vets now

so is he our pg or sg?
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    good move..most teams have 2 stars now and this keeps us with 3 all stars..we need shooters and vets now
    jrue is an all star?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    so is he our pg or sg?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yes.
    thanks that cleared it up

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Let this sink in, the highest paid point guards in the NBA (right now):

1) Steph Currey
    2) Mike Conley
    3) Russ Westbrook
    4) Damian Lillard
    5) CP3
    6) Jrue Holliday
    7) Kyrie Irving
    8) John Wall
    Wall has already been offered 42.5 per and Kyrie and Kyle Lowry signed their last contracts in 2014. So that boots Holidays 2017 contract off this list already. Makes this kinda of a stupid list doesn't it?

I don't like the deal but I'm glad it's not as bad as I thought it would be. He's an above average combo guard and hopefully within the next 2 or 3 years he will be back in the middle of the pack in terms of salary for those kinda guards.

So all the folks that said Demps "outbid himself" with offers of 173 mil or even 144 mil. That talk pretty much dominated this board.

Can ya'll go jump in a lake now?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So all the folks that said Demps "outbid himself" with offers of 173 mil or even 144 mil. That talk pretty much dominated this board.

Can ya'll go jump in a lake now?
    Lol, oh wait for it someone already said he still outbid his self

Can we be honest here? This organization has to overpay players to keep them. Why does it matter that we overpaid for Jrue Holiday? Lets say the Pelicans have cap room to offer a Max contract. So what? If the Boston Celtics are having a hard time bringing in a Max player to their championship contending team do you think the Pels are going to do better? You keep your best players. This team isn't going to have any cap room for a long time if they resign Cousins to a Max deal. You live with trying to contend with Jrue, AD, and Cousins with the hopes that young players step up, vetern players fill in the rotation, and maximizing the players you have. GS was built through the draft and low key free agents. Yes Kevin Durant made them a super team but they were a championship team before that. Stop with this overpaying nonsense. The Pels having cap space for a Max player is pointless. Teams are the favored to resign players. Anyways. Look at Michael Conley. Everyone complained he was way overpaid. Dude came back and had a career year leading Memphis to the playoffs in the Western Conference. What you like about this big 3 is that they are young and the prime of their careers. If they resign Cousins to a long term deal then you have 5 years to build something here.
    MJR

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    This is a terrible decision. We just overpaid for an overrated player. On top of that, the Pels are stuck with him for 5 years.
    You can't complain since you defended Gordon stealing money for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It's not as easy as looking at the average. Teague is a 2+1. Holiday is a 4+1 with incentives. So, Holiday's deal could be upwards of $68-$112 million in additional guaranteed money
    right, but Jrue is 2 years younger so when their respective deals are up they'd be the same age and quite frankly if he hits the "unlikely" incentives he will be worth the extra scratch in the loaded west.

also, defensively Jrue is worlds better, efficiency stats notwithstanding. Teague was a low valued commodity 2 years ago.

This contract is going to look really good if Jrue can stay healthy. Jrue is an excellent fit for what we are building.

We've invested picks for Jrue , time and money in Jrue and AD and DC like Jrue that is enough right there to resign him and his contract is not that bad . Let's move on where go we go from here ??

did Jrue miss time last season due to injury or just to be with his wife during her pregnancy & cancer deal

I don't remember him being injured... but I missed a lot of games last season due to work
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    did Jrue miss time last season due to injury or just to be with his wife during her pregnancy & cancer deal

I don't remember him being injured... but I missed a lot of games last season due to work
    Most of the time he missed was because of the family situation. Was healthy last year, but play badly regressed after Cousins trade.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

Not that I can remember

Quote Originally Posted by pharcyder View Post
    Can we be honest here? This organization has to overpay players to keep them.
    They didn't overpay him. Compared to what other PGs make (or going to make) he's right where he should be.

He's a Top 15 PG being paid like a Top 10 PG. Thats not *terrible*.

Thread Information