Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Just remember what everyone wants:

NYK unload salary, young players, money to sign veteran PG

HOU: Carmelo, possibly depth, NEED to unload Anderson

NOP: impact guard, shooters

PHX: assets.

PHX is the wild card here. They'll take whatever from whomever to grease the skids as long as it's worth their while. Like someone said above we know why the Jackson story leaked and it's better than we could've thought. Why put pressure on Suns on your own when you can recruit the two hungriest teams in the league to make a deal to put pressure on them as well. We saw Dell play Philly and Sacramento, looks our favorite whipping boy is trying to start himself a winning streak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know the Dudley rumor was pages ago.....but how is he? I've missed his career.....buried in the Eastern oasis.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Not what I wanted to hear
    While it would be awesome to end up with a better player, somehow......offloading Asik is still a positive. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    This also works in the trade machine if we have to accept Ryan Anderson...

NO gets Bledsoe and Anderson

PHX gets Asik, Ajinca, Cook, and NO 2018 top 3 protected 1st round pick

NYK gets Moore, Ariza, Pondexter, and Toupane

HOU gets Anthony

Pels lineup after trade...

PG: Bledsoe/Lawson (signed with BAE)/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Crawford/Young
    SF: Hill/Diallo (I think he is athletic enough to play the 3)/Miller
    PF: Davis/Anderson
    C: Cousins/Vet min center
    But NYK doesn't get a PG. Not saying it won't happen, they want to unload Melo, but the end end result may have them getting Knight or Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Listen guys, we either need to forget about MM or accept him as a made man. There is no other way.
    this

working on trades is a very fluid thing

MM showed in the past that he has source(s)

don't believe it - don't read it

I'd rather have some inside infos than not...

without that you don't have anyone apart from Kushner, who is giving only confirmed information (love his work btw)

choice is yours

Somebody need to summon RekeHavoc right quick.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    This also works in the trade machine if we have to accept Ryan Anderson...

NO gets Bledsoe and Anderson

PHX gets Asik, Ajinca, Cook, and NO 2018 top 3 protected 1st round pick

NYK gets Moore, Ariza, Pondexter, and Toupane

HOU gets Anthony

Pels lineup after trade...

PG: Bledsoe/Lawson (signed with BAE)/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Crawford/Young
    SF: Hill/Diallo (I think he is athletic enough to play the 3)/Miller
    PF: Davis/Anderson
    C: Cousins/Vet min center
    Like MSU said, replace Toupane with Cook to NY. I figured Anderson would have to go to Phoenix, but I'm starting to think they won't take any big contract back if they're giving up Bledsoe. If we're getting Bledsoe and moving Asik in the same trade, two huge ****** wins, either Asik goes to Houston or Phoenix gets another first. Besides all of that, I think what you have IS the trade. At least I hope. I mean everyone involved benefits significantly

Don't going into 'fit' details.

Houston cannot take any salary back - other than Melo. Forget about Asik.

NYK is not interested in ryno.

So only NO and PHX left.
    PHX has Chriss and Bender.
    NO has two bigs. ryno is not a SF. He can be a floor spacer, but...

What if Eric Gordon is the impact guard?

Maybe the truth of the trade is exactly a little bit of what everyone tweeted out combined

Kushner - Pelicans want impact Guard, a shooter & shed salary to do so
    McNamara - Pelicans involved to move Asik
    Ortiz guy - Anderson is coming to Pelicans

Too good to be true bc A) took care of both team needs/cap needs B) came away as the biggest winners of someone else's trade C) the trade actually happened exactly the way it was reported on twitter in pieces by everyone rather than one person
    Last edited by SonOfNOLA; 07-13-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Here is another article with "inside" information talking about us in the deal : http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-car...and-cavaliers/

To be honest there are two things bothering me in this story (wether there is a 4th team or not) :
    1/ Dell would not bother try if the only thing we could get is Ryno. Even Asik's contract is not worth it (I've entertained the idea of swaping Asik+Ajinca for Ryno but that's where the second point kicks in).
    2/ Why would NY be interested in anything we offer? What is NO bringing that no other team is willing to bring (or even thinking about)? In all the deals I've seen we bring nothing of value to them really.

So I asked myself what Dell could be seeing that everyone seems to be missing ... and the answer is pretty clear ; Ryno is not needed to make the deal work. I'm pretty sure Houston wants to get him out but there is no way anyone (especially NY with Porzingis) will take him willingly ... and not Demps with our salary situation.

Here is what Demp might be pushing in my opinion : http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaqu7e8x (add the 2 obvious 1st round pick for NY)
    So here is the breakdown :

- Houston get Melo for Ariza, Gordon and scraps (+1st rounder). Ariza has always been a given with Tucker also coming in. Gordon will have less oportunity to shine with Paul also coming in. I'm certain they value Gordon more than Ryno but the question is wether or not that's a deal they are willing to take. I'm pretty sure that Houston would have no trouble getting a shooter after this (Afflalo for example) if they want to which is the main reason I would pull the trigger in their shoes.

- New York gets a young wing with upside to pair with Hardaway, 2 1st rounders and scraps (one of which is Asik). Salary wise it's probably not optimal but they are already stuck with Noah/Lee/Thomas for the 3 next years anyway which prevent them getting any cap space so it does make sense stockpiling picks and getting Solomon Hill.

- New Orleans get an impact guard a proven wing that can shoot (% is average but keep in mind that with that volume a good bunch of them were contested) and get to unload Asik's contract for the cost of Solomon Hill. The Hill/Ariza swap is not ideal (especially agewise) but Ariza is undoubtly a good fit (experience-wise for once). I just don't know where the Pels could go next year on the wing (but that's another story honestly).

As much as I'm not a fan of trading Hill, this story is the one that makes the most sense to me (as Dell looking to get involved in this trade). That does not mean Houston or NY will bite though.
    It seems to me that Houston could agree if the deal goes fast (time for them to get a shooter). The main issue is how important unloading salary is for NY. If Asik's contract is a no go, another possibility would be to swap him (and the 1st round pick) for Ajinca (the salary still works I checked). I'm not sure I would be willing if I were Demps though. NY are the one under pressure in this deal not NO.

Well that's all I could think of tonight after reading about it. You guys are welcomed to comment.

P.S : In the Asik trade scenario, Onuaku (and/or Quaterman for that matter) could go back to NO if NY does not want them.
    Last edited by Alvis; 07-13-2017 at 01:46 AM.

For those wandering why NY would not be interested in Ariza+Gordon the reason is pretty simple, they have little value to them as they have to get into rebuild mode anyway, so Solomon Hill+ a 1st round pick should be more valuable. That and the only experience they need is a veteran PG to groom Ntilikina. Courtney Lee already does the job otherwise IMO.

Don't tell me we let all this excitement and possibility build up just for us not to even be in a trade. Healthy assets = no Pelicans unless we shedded bad contracts to Portland/NY as the 4th team. Or Trey Rodriguez is lying and fishing to break something first that never happened

To be honest, I could see Portland accepting to get Ryno ... if NO is part of the deal it would probably be to absorb Crabbe's contract with something like this : http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb4kzhh8

The deal does make sense fit-wise for Portland and NO while NY does get Harkless, Moore and Houston 1st I guess (and Asik).

Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    To be honest, I could see Portland accepting to get Ryno ... if NO is part of the deal it would probably be to absorb Crabbe's contract with something like this : http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb4kzhh8

The deal does make sense fit-wise for Portland and NO while NY does get Harkless, Moore and Houston 1st I guess (and Asik).
    No one's taking Asik without a 1st attached

Same could be said with Anderson's contract and probably Crabbe's.
    Still, I do agree that our package does not seem valuable for NY (they won't lack dept at the SG position) in that scenario but I certainly would not like us to trade our first in there either.

It makes way more sense for Detroit to replace NO and swap Crabbe with Jackson. They would probably need a sweetener though.

Edit : Actually, instead of Moore we could go for Ajinca+Pondexter+1st round pick I guess
    Last edited by Alvis; 07-13-2017 at 04:02 AM.

Why on Earth would we want Gordon back? How does Hill and Asik and a 1st (or even 2 firsts) get us Gordon and Ariza? lol

I think some crack is being smoked around the league. The only way Dell is getting lookins is if the other GM believes we are so incompetent the 1st will be late lotto or Asik isn't moving and its pieces like Moore and Diallo.
    Last edited by Impose; 07-13-2017 at 04:03 AM.

Honestly I think resigning Reke would have more impact than anything aside from Bledsoe.

both parties wanted to move from each other

probably it was the right choice

I heard that the Jazz might cut Boris Diaw, do u think he could be a good pickup on a cheap contract as a back-up big ?

He has great IQ, good passing and is an ok defender

All-Star
    With Diaw you never know what you get, he is either motivated or just too laid back to produce something. I don't think he wants to play here anyway so I would pass.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Just remember what everyone wants:

NYK unload salary, young players, money to sign veteran PG

HOU: Carmelo, possibly depth, NEED to unload Anderson

NOP: impact guard, shooters

PHX: assets.

PHX is the wild card here. They'll take whatever from whomever to grease the skids as long as it's worth their while. Like someone said above we know why the Jackson story leaked and it's better than we could've thought. Why put pressure on Suns on your own when you can recruit the two hungriest teams in the league to make a deal to put pressure on them as well. We saw Dell play Philly and Sacramento, looks our favorite whipping boy is trying to start himself a winning streak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just remember what everyone has:

NYK: Melo
    HOU: Anderson, maybe Gordon/Ariza
    PHX: Some bad contracts to sell for picks, Bledsoe
    NO: 2018 1st, bad contracts, Diallo.

I honestly think we may end up taking back Anderson if we're in this deal. I pray for Bledsoe, but I just don't think its realistic.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    If this franchise takes back Anderson and that contract my interest level would go from "meh" to nonexistent.

All-Star
    Is it possible that we will take Anderson just in prefer to send him to Detroit for Reggie ?

If we do get Ryno back he'll be the first off the bench... as he was when he was here. No way he starts, but we could use his 15-20 ppg off the bench.

With that said I don't want Ryno here with that contract.

Thread Information