Pelicans Report

Page 61 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I just looked up CJ Miles on Wikipedia, did you guys know that we drafted Brandon Bass with the pick right before Miles was drafted by the Jazz? Man, this franchise sure has had a bad go of it.
    Bass played well once he got out from Byron Scott

I just looked up CJ Miles on Wikipedia, did you guys know that we drafted Brandon Bass with the pick right before Miles was drafted by the Jazz? Man, this franchise sure has had a bad go of it.
    Hindsight works like that. Don't worry, we only keep a draft pick long term if they're a top 5 pick so it would be like this anyway.

Way worse than that was cutting Bass. Byron Scott may be the worst nba coach ever. Seriously

Lol. Dell is working the phones... w family members

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Way worse than that was cutting Bass. Byron Scott may be the worst nba coach ever. Seriously
    Alvin Gentry has him beat by a long shot

Banned
    Lol. Dell is working the phones... w family members
    He is working 20-22 hours a day didn't you see how he looked at the press conference last night lol

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    He is working 20-22 hours a day didn't you see how he looked at the press conference last night lol
    10 hours sleep a day dreaming of all the times hes not going to go to voicemail when he calls another team about an idea is working, didn't you know? Dreamer Demps in the house.

This is what I think about Scott too

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Warriors need a center. Gentry knows that org and team well. S/T Ian Clark for Ajinca? Is that a thing that could work for both teams??

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Warriors need a center. Gentry knows that org and team well. S/T Ian Clark for Ajinca? Is that a thing that could work for both teams??
    Why though? Instant Grits and E'Twaun are pretty much the same level. It doesn't fill a need.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Why? They'll bring back Zaza for cheaper and less impact on their tax bill

I would trade Asik to the Warriors as a birthday present. Let him get a ring for his birthday.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Banned
    UNO Asik is not wanted anywhere in the league not even Turkey wanted him on their team what's that tell you?
    We as fans better buckle up its showtime with Alvin Gentry.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 07-07-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Cut Bass? Is this the NFL? And the worst coach ever doesn't guide a team to the NBA finals consecutive years. Then came here and led another franchise a game away from the western conference finals.

No matter ones opinion the man has had success as an NBA for more than one team. Worst coach ever? That would be Dunleavy maybe.

Brandon Bass had his shortcomings while here. Good rotational player.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Cut Bass? Is this the NFL? And the worst coach ever doesn't guide a team to the NBA finals consecutive years. Then came here and led another franchise a game away from the western conference finals.

No matter ones opinion the man has had success as an NBA for more than one team. Worst coach ever? That would be Dunleavy maybe.

Brandon Bass had his shortcomings while here. Good rotational player.
    Bass was not a rotational player here but was always in the dog house. He became that once he left Scott's regime

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Hindsight works like that. Don't worry, we only keep a draft pick long term if they're a top 5 pick so it would be like this anyway.
    hahahaha so true since Demps has been around.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

I feel like both NY teams just throw massive contracts at players hoping the other team won't match.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I feel like both NY teams just throw massive contracts at players hoping the other team won't match.
    if it puts other teams in bad cap positions long term, let them keep doing it.

I hope that the Wiz match, Nets sign KCP, and then trade Lin to us

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    WASH knew Porter was getting a max and I'm sure they were ready for it

So I just went through the list of free agents still out there that we might be able to snag. Here's some of the names that stood out to me. This is based off NBA.com so sorry if the person already signed.

Arron Afflalo, Raymond Felton, Gerald Green, Gerald Henderson, Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, Thabo Sefolosha

Definitely not the cream of the crop but still some names I wouldn't mind for the right price.

Ya, Nets have been playing that game the last couple years. I agree that they are just trying to put other teams in bad cap positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So I just went through the list of free agents still out there that we might be able to snag. Here's some of the names that stood out to me. This is based off NBA.com so sorry if the person already signed.

Arron Afflalo, Raymond Felton, Gerald Green, Gerald Henderson, Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, Thabo Sefolosha

Definitely not the cream of the crop but still some names I wouldn't mind for the right price.
    I'd take Afflalo or Green. I don't want Jennings or Lawson with their issue. Sefolosha's lost a step or two IMO

Troy Daniels is a guy I've really pinpointed. He's not a free agent but should fit into our TPE and seems to be on the outside looking in with Memphis after they picked up McLemore and Tyreke

Thread Information