Pelicans Report

Page 60 of 111 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I guess they aren't comfortable with playing Hayward and Crowder/Brown together. Doesn't make sense to me. Bradley has to go regardless, why not move him now? Crowder has more value between the two given his contract and position. They should keep him as ammo for a bigger trade.
    This always made more sense to me. Gives them more lineup versatility too.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If Bledsoe cost too much to acquire, the obvious play is, and will always be... Brandon Knight.
    I'm ok with knight if it gets rid of Asik. I don't think I'd attach anything though since we're taking more money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That Boston trade makes a lot of sense. People kept arguing with me that Boston was getting assets to dump a salary and that's just not how the league works.

Look at the deal: Boston traded Bradley for not even the good Morris twin AND gave up a 2nd round pick.

They're already loaded at SF and they still took back another SF in the trade too. I think it looks pretty obvious the market was ice cold on giving Boston any assets when they were the ones that needed to make the move.

It was only Boston fans who kept thinking not only were they getting Hayward but also flipping a salary dump into more assets. But they're the same fans that keep saying they're going to trade for AD this offseason.
    I don't think it had anything to do with the market. It had to do with getting rid of a player that they knew they weren't going to re-sign and getting something back in return at a position of need. Bradley should have always been the player of choice to trade.

I also didn't expect them to get an asset back in return for their salary dump, which makes giving up an "asset" to receive that asset more reasonable, particularly for an expiring. The initial discussion was a return package of Hayward only. While Marcus is the worse of the Morris brothers, he's still a very useful starter in his own right.

On top of all that, the discussion was trading with Utah specifically, not another team. Boston owed Utah nothing, and it was in their best interest to seek the best trade out there for them. Getting an asset back + Hayward for Bradley + 2nd rounder is much better for Boston than Hayward for Bradley + 2nd rounder when they were getting Hayward regardless. They basically upgraded Olynyk for less than half the price.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-07-2017 at 02:09 PM.

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Ya know... Yeah i can see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

That is a really low contract for him

Help us Bojan Bogdanovic, you're our only hope.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

If Boston agreed to trade Bradley for Morris and they even had to add a 2nd round pick couldnt we offer something better? I mean why would they need another SF and they lost a pick, and they sent him to a team in the same conference. I dont get it. IMO Bradley would be a perfect fit for us and we should be able to offer something better for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I don't think it had anything to do with the market. It had to do with getting rid of a player that they knew they weren't going to re-sign and getting something back in return at a position of need. Bradley should have always been the player of choice to trade.

I also didn't expect them to get an asset back in return for their salary dump, which makes giving up an "asset" to receive that asset more reasonable, particularly for an expiring. While he's the worse of the Morris brothers, he's still a very useful starter in his own right.
    Didn't once upon a time, Dell have an offer of Ryan Anderson for the better Morris twin straight up and refused. He was productive and just signed a very good contract. I'm sure Boston woulda preferred that Morris since he played more of the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Help us Bojan Bogdanovic, you're our only hope.
    u a bit desperate I see

I find it odd that Pelicans are no longer mentioned in any rumors

This Morris used to BE the better Morris!

They like to switch up

Bogdanovic would have made me sleep better.
    Sad

that was quick

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    u a bit desperate I see

via GIPHY

The Godfather, Dell, is letting the other GM's scurry like freaggin Mice.... as he continues to be.... scheming his master plan

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I find it odd that Pelicans are no longer mentioned in any rumors
    Why? We never really were to begin with unless the other team had leaks. It's not like anyone is taking Dell's phone calls.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Why? We never really were to begin with unless the other team had leaks. It's not like anyone is taking Dell's phone calls.
    Or maybe someone has?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I just looked up CJ Miles on Wikipedia, did you guys know that we drafted Brandon Bass with the pick right before Miles was drafted by the Jazz? Man, this franchise sure has had a bad go of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Or maybe someone has?
    His wife? I guess? She probably has to..

Thread Information