Pelicans Report

Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

I think Boston shouldnt send Crowder to Boston cause his contract is just too good. Bradley only has one year left and will get paid next year so I think they should trade him rather than Crawford. Since his contract is only for one year maybe we could get him using all these non guaranteed contracts that would take 8mil of Boston's payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I think Boston shouldnt send Crowder to Boston cause his contract is just too good. Bradley only has one year left and will get paid next year so I think they should trade him rather than Crawford. Since his contract is only for one year maybe we could get him using all these non guaranteed contracts that would take 8mil of Boston's payroll.
    I'm pretty sure Boston won't send Crowder to Boston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Come onnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Come onnnnn
    I know right smh freaking morris
    I'm a grinder

I'm With A-GO Contributor jeeves's Avatar
    Obviously Smart > Bradley and a Morris > 2 firsts... right?

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Does anyone think this makes Reggie Jackson or Caldwell-Pope available?

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Not for 17 mil a year! That's more than Bledsoe.

Jackson has always been very available. This makes DET unlikely to resign or match on KCP however, but we can't afford him.

Is Moore/Qpon enough to get KCP in a S&T? How does S&T's work salary wise?

Loser (maybe): The Pellies, over a barrel

We end with the league's most fascinating experiment -- and maybe its most volatile, with a svelte DeMarcus Cousins heading into the last year of his contract. In this icy point guard market, $25 million per season is just too much for Jrue Holiday, even if he had the Pelicans over a barrel given the paltry cap space -- about $12 million -- they'd have had to replace him.

Holiday is just 27, with limited mileage thanks to leg injuries the team is confident are behind him. Anthony Davis likes playing with Holiday, and the Pelicans need to be in the business of keeping Davis happy. The two sides could structure Holiday's deal so that it declines year-over-year or stays flat to ease the future cap burden. Holiday is a solid shooter, and a very good defender across multiple positions.

But if he doesn't make a jump, this deal is a cap-clogging problem. The Pelicans still don't have enough talent on the wing to space the floor for their twin towers, and it's unclear how they'll get it barring a return to health for long-lost Quincy Pondexter.

The Cousins-Davis pairing could work in the right setting. They bring enough playmaking and shooting between them, and Davis can hang with most opposing power forwards on defense. They found a rhythm on offense after an ugly first half-dozen games. They have to hit that rhythm from Day 1, and it helps that Holiday will go through camp for the first time in three years.

They cannot afford a slow start. The West is unforgiving -- as always.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...winners-losers

ugh, can't believe we couldn't come up with something better. Diallo and protected 1st? Celtics are obviously hoping the shots come from Hayward and the rookies.

Im not sure i agree what Ainge is doing, he would have been better served getting a true big man like Asik!
    Last edited by lsutigers33; 07-07-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Free Agency Thread

That Boston trade makes a lot of sense. People kept arguing with me that Boston was getting assets to dump a salary and that's just not how the league works.

Look at the deal: Boston traded Bradley for not even the good Morris twin AND gave up a 2nd round pick.

They're already loaded at SF and they still took back another SF in the trade too. I think it looks pretty obvious the market was ice cold on giving Boston any assets when they were the ones that needed to make the move.

It was only Boston fans who kept thinking not only were they getting Hayward but also flipping a salary dump into more assets. But they're the same fans that keep saying they're going to trade for AD this offseason.

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

Yoooooo crazy.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I've personally like KCP since he was at Georgia. Not sure why he's shooting so poorly from the field. He also is an excellent FT shooter.

Wonder what the actual word on him is...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I've personally like KCP since he was at Georgia. Not sure why he's shooting so poorly from the field. He also is an excellent FT shooter.

Wonder what the actual word on him is...
    I mean when you look at numbers he doesn't really give us a ton more than Moore. But he is a starter in the league and two Moore's is not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

What does that mean "one year balloon deal" ???

Quote Originally Posted by 75saint View Post
    trial balloon... basically a "prove it" deal

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 75saint View Post
    A one year deal for a larger than market average salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If Bledsoe cost too much to acquire, the obvious play is, and will always be... Brandon Knight.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If Bledsoe cost too much to acquire, the obvious play is, and will always be... Brandon Knight.
    Right before moving the team to Seattle...because that's the sort of hole you would be digging.

Thread Information