Pelicans Report

Page 58 of 111 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Haha same. It's been ruining the time I'm spending with my lady you?lol
    Maybe it's time to reconsider your priorities...you do have a little say so in your relationship, don't you? Ummm, don't you?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

Do they have anything worth it to trade for?

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Is it me or has this NBA 'off-season' been way active. I don't recall this much scrambling for players and trades in a long time, if ever. Or maybe I have just been working too much to have noticed or cared the previous years.

Looks like 47-48 wins MIGHT get you a 7th or 8th seed in the West; the East? At this rate 25 gets you in. Ha! The West is going to be fun to watch, that's for sure.

Still hoping against all hope that we are waiting for someone to get back from their honeymoon before we announce a trade. Thanks for the updates!
    The worst team ever to make the 8th seed - the 85-86 bulls with 30 wins (Jordan broke his foot at start of the season). They beat the cavs out by one game.

In 2014 the suns missed the playoffs with 48 wins - and in 2015 we beat out OKC with 45 wins. This year 50 wins could be the magic number, especially if the east is gonna gift teams in the west roughly 20-25 guaranteed wins.

Sources tell me we're close to re-signing Jrue Holiday. You heard it here first.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Last edited by rt0307; 07-06-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

I'm very curious to know how much for. Can't be more than 18m per.

Edit: 17.75, I'm a god.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Sources tell me we're close to re-signing Jrue Holiday. You heard it here first.
    You have the same sources as MM!!

Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post

We got a chance, boys.

Last edited by rt0307; 07-06-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Aaaaaand we're still doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Aaaaaand we're still doing nothing.
    And that's exactly what we'll be doing a week from now. We have nothing to work with. It's not a bad thing. We have AD, we have Jrue, we added Cousins late in the year. Next year we'll have room to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by rlemieux View Post
    And that's exactly what we'll be doing a week from now. We have nothing to work with. It's not a bad thing. We have AD, we have Jrue, we added Cousins late in the year. Next year we'll have room to do more.
    No, we won't. Boogie will be due for an extension, for a lot more money, and Asik and Ajinca will still be on the books for another year. The raise in salary cap next year will be minimal, probably around 101m, so that won't save us either. Our core is locked in. This is our best chance to strike, which is why we will make a move.

Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

I actually like that deal, and I like Johnson. To me Johnson falls into that Corey Brewer category where I wish he were on my team, but I know that my team will never make a move for him. I didn't watch many Heat games this past year, but I have followed Johnson quite a bit over the last two years (ever since that dunk he put on Drummond that set off that fight). Johnson is just a hard nosed player, who signed a "prove it" deal with Miami last season, and proved he deserved a better deal. Good signing, fan favorite, hard working guy, everyone wins.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by rlemieux View Post
    You really don't know how this works, do you? We're going to have less options next off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I actually like that deal, and I like Johnson. To me Johnson falls into that Corey Brewer category where I wish he were on my team, but I know that my team will never make a move for him. I didn't watch many Heat games this past year, but I have followed Johnson quite a bit over the last two years (ever since that dunk he put on Drummond that set off that fight). Johnson is just a hard nosed player, who signed a "prove it" deal with Miami last season, and proved he deserved a better deal. Good signing, fan favorite, hard working guy, everyone wins.
    I compare Johnson to Crowder with a little more upside. In this market if you could get crowder for 10-15 per, you'd be pretty happy with it. So a reasonably solid get with upside
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I've just heard that Jrue ripped up his contract with us and is signing an offer sheet with the Warriors for $50,000.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    You really don't know how this works, do you? We're going to have less options next off-season.
    Asik and Ajinca will be a lot more moveable next year and well presumably have a first round pick going into the offseason. I personally think we have to make a move now and make the playoffs to convince Cousins to stay, but if we just wait it out and MLE the right player or players we'll be in a decent position. And can add a bigger piece than what is out there now next year. A little more depth and health and we should be a playoff team. I'd really love it if we could pick up a Thabo or Allen and just take the fate of the team out of Gentrys hands by becoming a top 5 defense so that it doesn't matter what the team does offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    exactly there is no way they match it

Thread Information