Pelicans Report

Page 55 of 111 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

the guy the Pelicans drafted for the Hornets after the draft night trade was agreed upon

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

the guy the Pelicans drafted for the Hornets after the draft night trade was agreed upon
    I forgot but someone on this board was crazy about that guy during the draft.

Last edited by rt0307; 07-06-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Wow, that's less than I thought he would get. Good deal for Clippers.

Boston Herald writer

It would be great if we could get Bradley from C's. I would prefer him over Crowder. I think Hill is undervalued on this forum and IMO he is a solid starter due to his defense and playmaking. Looking at Roberson Hill's contract is not as bad as people make it to be. Boogie, AD, Hill, Bradley and Jrue starting five would be awesome defesively and there would be enough playmaking skills to make it interesting.

Boston Herald writer
    So Boston gets Hayword and probably picks and Utah gets Crowder and gives up picks.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    So Boston gets Hayword and probably picks and Utah gets Crowder and gives up picks.
    I can't imagine Utah gives up any real picks. Boston had to move contracts to get Hayward. Utah is making that move possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I can't imagine Utah gives up any real picks. Boston had to move contracts to get Hayward. Utah is making that move possible.
    I would think Boston would demand at least what they could get elsewhere (so, either a young cheaper player or picks/cash).

Boston is still doing them a favor. They don't have to trade with Utah and they certainly don't have to give up Crowder (which I think is beyond stupid that they're doing that for a UFA). I'm sure there were other teams that were willing to give up something for a player like Smart, which would have been more than enough to clear the requisite cap space.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-06-2017 at 03:07 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Boston is still doing them a favor. They don't have to trade with Utah and they certainly don't have to give up Crowder (which I think is beyond stupid that they're doing that for a UFA). I'm sure there were other teams that we're willing to give up something for a player like Smart, which would have been more than enough to clear the requisite cap space.
    What other team was going to give up a ton of value when they know Boston has to dump contract(s)?

What other team was going to give up a ton of value when they know Boston has to dump contract(s)?
    It is not like anyone is going to try and hold Boston hostage. However, they will try to get value. Utah will have to give up something to get him. Other teams are not going to intentionally try to spite Boston if they can get a good player for a reasonable price.

Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It is not like anyone is going to try and hold Boston hostage. However, they will try to get value. Utah will have to give up something to get him. Other teams are not going to intentionally try to spite Boston if they can get a good player for a reasonable price.
    Reasonable price, sure. What is a reasonable price for a salary dump? Which is basically what Boston is doing. My point is it goes both ways, Boston is the one who needs the space. In every other scenario they'd have to give up an asset to dump it, if the player is decent/good they can usually give him away for free.

Heck, how many teams even have the cap space to Straight absorb a player without needing to send one back?

I couldn't imagine Utah gives anything more than a heavy protected 1st.

Reasonable price, sure. What is a reasonable price for a salary dump? Which is basically what Boston is doing. My point is it goes both ways, Boston is the one who needs the space. In every other scenario they'd have to give up an asset to dump it, if the player is decent/good they can usually give him away for free.

Heck, how many teams even have the cap space to Straight absorb a player without needing to send one back?

It's not just a salary dump. Boston understandably has less leverage because they have to get rid of these players, sure. But these players are still valuable assets, it's not like they're trying to dump Ajinca or Asik. So while they may not get fair market value, the price of moving these contracts certainly shouldn't be so detrimental that Boston has to give up additional assets in addition to the players.

But the player being discussed has one of the best contracts in the NBA. There is too much value there just to dump him.

Free Agency Thread

But the player being discussed has one of the best contracts in the NBA. There is too much value there just to dump him.
    He won't if he is being S&T.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-06-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    The Boogie trade did not just happen I wish everyone would stop saying that we need a lot more than Boogie . Let's pretend we just got Boogie and it will make us all feel better about doing nothing in free agency that's a loser mentality. The future is now we have to do more hopefully that will happen this weekend like some " insiders" are saying but I highly doubt anything that's going to move the needle will actually happen .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not saying the team doesn't need more players - I'm saying fans shouldn't get too upset if there aren't any big splashes made by the Pelicans, because the biggest move has already been made in season. Of course they need more - especially in the backcourt.

He won't if he is being S&T.
    No, I meant to just dump him as part of the S&T without getting something else back from Utah.

Dang. Houston seems to be getting all the pieces they want.

No, I meant to just dump him as part of the S&T without getting something else back from Utah.
    They are getting Hayward.

What do you think Utah is giving up?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Will Barton said he's not going to resign with Denver? Is that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information