Pelicans Report

Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Just an example say a team like Minnesota who needs more floor spacers "shooters" a guy like E'twuan whom thibs is familiar with and fond of from the time they spent in Chicago would be a great fit.
    Yes especially knowing that they were said to be willing to give up a 1st in a sign n trade for CJ Miles. I guess if they can get Moore without spending as much thy would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Hmm, that's a big range. Must be a lot of moving parts.
    4-7 does not sound like a big trade. Sounds like a Cj Miles, Bazemore type player
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    4-7 does not sound like a big trade. Sounds like a Cj Miles, Bazemore type player
    I'll have to see it to believe it right now. It went from making a big splash trade that everyone is going to be excited about to a 4-7 type player.

hope its not bazemore unless we dumped Asik.

I would rather give up a first stretch Asik and go after smart and have his rights next year. Has to be a way we can make that work I still think we can get CJ as a bench shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Guys it is proven that the Davis Cousins combo didn't do anything to attract players to New Orleans.
    So let's just hope Dell leaves it as is. I don't want him to mortgage the future for his desperation to save his job.
    He will be replaced at seasons end along with Alvin Gentry. Cousins situation is in his hands. If he gets off and shows he can be a team player and control his actions on the court he will get huge financial opportunities
    We all knew we weren't going to have the money to sign Hayward, Lowry, Waiters, or even Rudy Gay. Best I can tell, there were only two guys we went after in free agency. Jrue Holiday who signed and Swaggy P who didn't. And, just because Young chose an easy ring and a lot less work over more money and a lot more work, doesn't mean it's a league-wide indictment on the Davis/Boogie combo. It's more of an incitement on players like Young, West, and Casspi, who'd rather win a ring riding the bench than competing. So, way I see it, we have a 50% success rate thus far with more than one hole to fill. I'm glad they're letting the market calm down to find some solid role players on good contracts because those things matter. Any star level talent was always going to have to come via trade and there's no need to rush into a bad deal because you've got an anxious fan base. Season ain't starting any time soon.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If 1-3 are AD, Cousins, and Jrue, adding someone who immediately becomes our 4th best player and makes us a lot better defensively, that is a big trade.

I don't think we're getting another Cousins like deal, of course. That'd involve getting freaking Damian Lillard or Dennis Schroeder.

Bledsoe or Lin would be considered in the #4 range and either could take Jrue off the ball ala Tim twords the end of the season. Either will be a huge upgrade over Tim. CJ would fall in the 5-7 mold and would be a replacement for Qpon if the team decided to move in a different direction. CJ is also a free agent so no trade would be required to attain his services depending upon his asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I'll have to see it to believe it right now. It went from making a big splash trade that everyone is going to be excited about to a 4-7 type player.
    Apparently MM said Pelicans see Bledsoe as a 4 as as Lin. So we still on

Bledsoe or Lin would be considered in the #4 range and either could take Jrue off the ball ala Tim twords the end of the season. Either will be a huge upgrade over Tim. CJ would fall in the 5-7 mold and would be a replacement for Qpon if the team decided to move in a different direction. CJ is also a free agent so no trade would be required to attain his services depending upon his asking price.
    Kelly Olynck signed with Indy? That was the only way for him to be a unrestricted

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If 1-3 are AD, Cousins, and Jrue, adding someone who immediately becomes our 4th best player and makes us a lot better defensively, that is a big trade.

I don't think we're getting another Cousins like deal, of course. That'd involve getting freaking Damian Lillard or Dennis Schroeder.
    I sense there is a Plan A and then additional backup plans...here's hoping that Plan A plays out...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Ironically I had a dream about us getting Lillard

Ironically I had a dream about us getting Lillard
    That's crazy I had the exact same dream night before last. Woke up and was kinda depressed, lol.

That's crazy I had the exact same dream night before last. Woke up and was kinda depressed, lol.
    Too much damn Optimism going on! This is not the PR I grew up on SMH lol

Too much damn Optimism going on! This is not the PR I grew up on SMH lol
    Lol, don't worry there's still plenty of people on here poo pooing on everything we do

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Until this organization does something to warrant optimism, optimism will not be given quarter here.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Boogie trade warranted optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Until this organization does something to warrant optimism, optimism will not be given quarter here.
    Boogie don't count?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I think people for some reason consider us getting Boogie as more the Kings being on some junk than something fortuitous for our team.

Like we got a brief reprieve in the drowning sea, except the lifesaver is made of Lifesavers and will soon dissolve leaving us gagging on sugary salt water.

Apparently MM said Pelicans see Bledsoe as a 4 as as Lin. So we still on
    He seems to be hinting real hard that the target is Lin. He is sky high on him. I am not sure I see it. I would much prefer Bledsoe, but he not be attainable. I would not want to give up a 1st for Lin, but I am sure that is what they want. I hope we do not send Diallo in a deal. I want to see what he can become.

1 winning season during the AD era doesn't warrant optimism...yet. Give us a winning season, Or a change in management and you will be given optimism (from me at least).

If we plan to keep DC, we have to trade picks and get a starting guard as well as another solid bench player like CJ, Tim jr, or Shabz.

Reading b/w the lines, I think its Lin, trade picks and we get rid of salary as well b/c NJ can afford to take it. They won't get porter. I don't think we can afford to give up 2 first for Bledsoe.

would rather see Smart and CJ Miles. Gives us defense and offense and Smart's right. Resign and he will still be around same price as Lin or bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    1 winning season during the AD era doesn't warrant optimism...yet. Give us a winning season, Or a change in management and you will be given optimism (from me at least).
    and we decided to change coaches right after that said winning season

you know how PHI has been spouting "trust the process"? Monty seemed to finally have the process working here and we ran away from it for something supposedly more flashy and... hindsight being 20/20... we screwed up wasting more years of this great player's career
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    If we plan to keep DC, we have to trade picks and get a starting guard as well as another solid bench player like CJ, Tim jr, or Shabz.

Reading b/w the lines, I think its Lin, trade picks and we get rid of salary as well b/c NJ can afford to take it. They won't get porter. I don't think we can afford to give up 2 first for Bledsoe.

would rather see Smart and CJ Miles. Gives us defense and offense and Smart's right. Resign and he will still be around same price as Lin or bledsoe.
    Smart Iq on offense scares the hell out of me. Dude is super inconsistent and can chuck up alot of crap before the ball goes in.

Banned
    Yes instead of hiring the right Head Coach we got the Wal Mart version of a Head Coach.
    Alvin Gentry takes the same team and runs it straight in the ground in 2 years.
    Just like UNO said we need a Real Change not hiring a assistant Head Coach.
    But forced change is coming soon. If the Pelicans are not 10 wins at the 20 game mark look for Alvin Gentry to get fired

Why do people use Pelicans blogger/reporter speculation as fuel to a fire around here. These guys are just speculating. They pretend to know way more than they do. Don't listen to these clowns.

A player 4-7? That could pretty much be anyone in the NBA, pretty much said we'll add a player in the next 48 hours, which seems pretty likely to me too...

Thread Information