Pelicans Report

Page 52 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

I think Boston had a chance to do something special. Yes they have a lot of talent but they could have assembled a serious squad. Not only could they have landed George but IMO with their assets Myles Turner would have been attainable as well. If I was Boston I would have went all in on George and Turner while bringing in Hayward. Turner is exactly what that team needs at the center position and would be a perfect fit allowing Horford to play the 4. Thomas/George/Hayward/Horford/Turner would have been a seeious championship team putting them as the top dogs in the East. All along I was wondering why they weren't pursuing Turner is a package with George which would have brought in some youth as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I have a credible sauce from the front office saying we are very very likely to sign nick young any day now. More playing time and more money matters. If we get young I will be excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any indication of whether losing Young was a big surprise to front office? Any other potential deals in the works that your source knows about?

Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 07-05-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Lmao! That's our wing player everyone is hinting towards!

Cats gone wild

Basketball Guru
    im hoping peter jok will be the steal and big splash this season.....

Not surprising as tough as the West will be, that 44-38 would get you the sixth seed.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Well, my big question is this... What's Darius Miller's NEW NBA 2k Overall Rating?

So, uh, guys, did we trade for Bledsoe yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    So, uh, guys, did we trade for Bledsoe yet?

Even better... We signed Darius MF Miller!
    Last edited by Topdawg26; 07-05-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 16m16 minutes ago
    More
    Jazz, Celtics engage on Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade for Jae Crowder. Latest story with @ramonashelburne

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

I have been saying Hayward was a lock to the Celtics and always thought it was going to be a sign and trade so Hayward could get more $ while the Jazz would get Crowder in return. Made sense for both parties but maybe the Celtics are looking for a pick for some value in return for Crowder.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I have been saying Hayward was a lock to the Celtics and always thought it was going to be a sign and trade so Hayward could get more $ while the Jazz would get Crowder in return. Made sense for both parties but maybe the Celtics are looking for a pick for some value in return for Crowder.
    Hayward gets no more money in a S&T.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Crowder is immensely valuable. I don't see the Celtics just dumping him to clear space. There is surely a market for him. On the other side of the ledger, the Jazz have a huge hole at SF and would get a huge trade exemption if they can do a deal with the Celtics. This is sort of cruel to say, but the Jazz are losing Hayward and will also have to give the Celtics assets if they want the Celtics to play ball. Problem is they already gave up a 1st to get Rubio.

I'd be very surprised if this gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Crowder is immensely valuable. I don't see the Celtics just dumping him to clear space. There is surely a market for him. On the other side of the ledger, the Jazz have a huge hole at SF and would get a huge trade exemption if they can do a deal with the Celtics. This is sort of cruel to say, but the Jazz are losing Hayward and will also have to give the Celtics assets if they want the Celtics to play ball. Problem is they already gave up a 1st to get Rubio.

I'd be very surprised if this gets done.
    I would be ok with giving up a first for crowder
    I'm a grinder

Miller looked good, not much explosiveness but his shot looks good. If his defence is solid he could be our missing 3 and d player!

Or not haha. But hey it's the offseason, might as well have fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Throw everything we have at Bradley and Crowder.
    Solo + 1st(2 if we can) + 2 2nd's + diallo.....
    Try to find 3rd team to take solo and give celtics usefull big
    Holiday
    Bradley
    Crowder
    Davis
    Cousins

Now thats a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Throw everything we have at Bradley and Crowder.
    Solo + 1st(2 if we can) + 2 2nd's + diallo.....
    Try to find 3rd team to take solo and give celtics usefull big
    Holiday
    Bradley
    Crowder
    Davis
    Cousins

Now thats a team.
    So, give all that up and Bradley is due a huge contract next season. I'll pass.

I find it funny that so many Pelican's fans have talked themselves into thinking that Bledsoe, or any big time player for that matter, is a foregone conclusion this offseason. We have zero assets to trade, we have players with big contracts that no one wants. We have very little cap space to work with and yet everyone here keeps thinking that every time they open their browser something big is going to happen. Possibly next year, but this year it's Jrue and done, with a sprinkling of mediocre players here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by rlemieux View Post
    I find it funny that so many Pelican's fans have talked themselves into thinking that Bledsoe, or any big time player for that matter, is a foregone conclusion this offseason. We have zero assets to trade, we have players with big contracts that no one wants. We have very little cap space to work with and yet everyone here keeps thinking that every time they open their browser something big is going to happen. Possibly next year, but this year it's Jrue and done, with a sprinkling of mediocre players here and there.
    For one, the team does have assets to trade. For two, Phoenix has made it known that they are having a fire sale. We've seen what happens when teams do that before right? You aren't new to this basketball stuff right?

Banned
    I accept the reality that the Pelicans are a small market team.
    We are lucky to have a NBA team in New Orleans.
    When we have a lower ceiling budget to spend it is what it is.
    Mr. Benson does enjoy the games. He attends most of the home games so he knows what's going on no doubt.
    Yes as fans we want to compete but we just don't have the firepower.
    But that's okay. We win games we are supposed to loose and loose games we should have a chance to win.
    It's great entertainment to attend the Pelicans games in the Blender.
    Emotions get high wanting to get players. It's nice to watch the summer league players develop in our future players.
    We had plenty though our time slip away. Seth Curry was one we should have held on to.
    I like Crawford and feel he will step up big time this coming year.
    The smoke is almost settled on FA. It's time to start building a squad with what we have in house.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 07-06-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rlemieux View Post
    I really hope that isn't all we do this off-season because we're gonna have less options next off-season. I definitely expect us to make a trade and sing someone with the MLE. Just gotta be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    For one, the team does have assets to trade. For two, Phoenix has made it known that they are having a fire sale. We've seen what happens when teams do that before right? You aren't new to this basketball stuff right?
    Phoenix has said they want to go young or take on bad contracts for picks. They have not said they will give away their good players. To get Bledsoe would likely take a young player and a 1st rounder. We have no valuable young talent. Maybe Phoenix will think differently. Bledsoe has missed over 100 games the last 4 seasons, so I would hope we do not offer multiple 1st rounders.

Thread Information