Pelicans Report

Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

We're just missing 2 more ____-____-Miller-AD-Cousins to complete our Kentucky dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

Championship!
    I completely forgot about him. I was rooting for him when he was on the team. Hopefully he wont be as shy as he was and will get a bit more consistent. I am very curious to see how it goes for him this time.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Hope for the best. But it's a zero risk signing.

Darius miller? Really? Lol. From swaggy to miller.what's next...from bledsoe to jimmer?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    Darius miller? Really? Lol. From swaggy to miller.what's next...from bledsoe to jimmer?
    Calm yourself, human.

The passage of time is contiguous.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Pat Young next?
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

2:35

#1 croissant in the world? I must find this
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

One thing is that he is not an idiot like swaggy is. If he gained some confidence it could turn out a very good move. I don't hate it at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Pat Young next?

yeah, bring him in

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I am ok with Miller coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I am ok with Miller coming back.
    Me too. It's just kinda low hanging fruit to pick at. He's a 3 and D guy, should he have the confidence part figured out.

I know everyone here already said no... just giving more information

Looks like he added a lot to his game, hopefully it translates. i like the off the bounce pull ups and coming off of screens a la Reggie Miller style.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    I know everyone here already said no... just giving more information

I'm confused - Ellis has 2nd year player option which totals $23M owed - How does this work? He has been placed on 48h wavers for full salary or pacers will have to pay if he clears? What about player option, do Pacers owe that as well?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...r-two-seasons/

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    I'm confused - Ellis has 2nd year player option which totals $23M owed - How does this work? He has been placed on 48h wavers for full salary or pacers will have to pay if he clears? What about player option, do Pacers owe that as well?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...r-two-seasons/

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Oh wow. WHAT A BIG SIGNING.

Love the Darius Miller signing. Looks like he has improved quite a bit and I'm someone who will always bet on a hard worker. Look at what Leonard did over the year with hard work. Not saying Miller will be Leonard but he could have turned himself into a very good bench player from a guy who was a toss up earning an end of the bench spot. Always liked Millers game but it came down to consistency and confidence which hopefully he has improved on. Could be a solid 3 and D option for us or we cut him being a 0 risk move.

I still have faith in QPon and believe he will be a solid contributor on the team next year. There must be a reason why he was kept around as I'm sure the team has a good idea of how he looks and what they expect. He had a long knagging injury that if resolved should result in the QPon we all know. He's in his prime and has had plenty of time to work on his shot. Getting anything out of QPon is a huge plus and IMO he's going to be a contributing piece to our team.

Why are you comparing a minimum deal to the full MLE we offered for SwaggyP?

Calm yourself, human.

The passage of time is contiguous.
    This does feel like typical Dell though. The hope was that somehow scoring Boogie was going to shake him out of his shell, make him into an actual NBA mover and shaker rather than the king of the d-league and scrap heap callup. He may be a nice guy, but this is his last chance to prove he shouldn't be the GM of a D/G-league franchise rather than an NBA one.

I really think we can get away with a 2020 1st as being much more valuable than a 2018 1st in the mind of Danny Ainge. Flip that to him for Crowder, then use our 2018 1st for a guy like Lin or Bledsoe (plus swap rights in 2019). Sign a big (Olynyk) with the MLE.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I really think we can get away with a 2020 1st as being much more valuable than a 2018 1st in the mind of Danny Ainge. Flip that to him for Crowder, then use our 2018 1st for a guy like Lin or Bledsoe (plus swap rights in 2019). Sign a big (Olynyk) with the MLE.
    Not even getting a return call from Olynyk's agent for the MLE.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not even getting a return call from Olynyk's agent for the MLE.
    Yup. Pacers reportedly stretched Ellis to create room 2hen they already had 12 million in space.

I would absolutely love to get Crowder. Man he would be a perfect fit for us on the wing and have even less pressure on him with more open scoring opportunities. Players very good defense, solid rebounder, good FT shooter, and took his game to another level with an improved 3 point shot hitting right at 40% this season along with a very respectable FG% of 46. Crowder reminds me a lot of Butler and Leonard before they took their game to an elite scoring level. All we would need Crowder to be is exactly what he is now and I'm sure at just 26 his best basketball has yet to be seen. Just would hate to give up much more then a 1st when I want as much assets possible to pursure Wall when the time comes.

Thread Information