Pelicans Report

Page 45 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Really nice value signing for OKC.
    yoohoo...Deeelllll.

I know that Dell is probably attached to the wonderful collection of talent he had assembled that was going to win less than 30 games last year before the Boogie thing fell in his lap, but if he thinks just bringing back the old gang is going to save his job he is sadly mistaken.

I wonder what this Patterson signing does for Rudy Gay. OKC saw him as a stretch 4. I used to be totally against Gay but now I like the thought of his length on the wing.

The Franchise
    What the hell is Demos doing. Is he trying to sign anyone

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Always liked Patterson and that seems like a steal imo. Good stretch big off the bench who brings some strength and toughness.
    It is amazing how this GM always pulls off great deals for okc year after year. I have to salute his efforts
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    He is either:

1. Waiting for Eric B. to return from his honeymoon to announce a monster trade or;
    2. Working the phones or;
    3. Doing nothing

I would bet they wait until AFTER the 4th to make any announcement - this is about selling tickets and with the exception of us, nobody is paying attention. My step-mother asked yesterday if the Pelicans were going to be any good next year - and her firm is a corporate partner. She barely even knew much about DC. I will say this, she is growing weary of paying huge gobs of cash for a losing product.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    This. I am starting to lose hope. I'll give it until the end of next week.

The anticipation makes me feel Demps is about to make a Franchise changing move

The Warriors signed Casspi and it looks like the Wolves are going after CJ Miles. That probably puts us as the front runner for Nick Young.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    He is either:

1. Waiting for Eric B. to return from his honeymoon to announce a monster trade or;
    2. Working the phones or;
    3. Doing nothing

I would bet they wait until AFTER the 4th to make any announcement - this is about selling tickets and with the exception of us, nobody is paying attention. My step-mother asked yesterday if the Pelicans were going to be any good next year - and her firm is a corporate partner. She barely even knew much about DC. I will say this, she is growing weary of paying huge gobs of cash for a losing product.
    I would lean towards the side of doing nothing. I know we have all of these big hopes but we are very handicapped right now. I wouldn't expect much in terms of big moves till some of the bad money is cleared from the books.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    signing Nick young is the best move we will get this off season

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Minnesota has made an offer to Swaggy tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by rlemieux View Post
    I would lean towards the side of doing nothing. I know we have all of these big hopes but we are very handicapped right now. I wouldn't expect much in terms of big moves till some of the bad money is cleared from the books.
    This is how I feel, there is nothing we can do. Sad to say but that's all folks
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Minnesota has made an offer to Swaggy tonight!
    It was the Room Exception which is just $4.3 million. The Pels should be able to beat that unless they go under the cap, but I'm not sure why they would.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    I know it probably is extremely unlikely, but if we traded for Bledsoe, could we maybe try for Crowder as well? That starting 5 would be awesome defensively.
    With what? Let's try and be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    With what? Let's try and be realistic.
    Yeah, if we get Bledsoe we've blown our trade assets for at least the next year if not longer.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I mean... he traded for Cousins. That's pretty franchise changing and we seem to have forgotten about it, or minimize it somehow. I don't think Dell has the assets to make a franchise altering move, or at least not a move that appears franchise altering initially. BUT... if he pull in a couple of key players that round out this roster it'll be a win.

If we get Nck, does that mean Jrue plays point?

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    I think that happened the moment we paid him 125 million.

Though I think we should keep in mind we brought in Finch specifically to shift the offense to run more through AD and Cousins, but primarily through Cousins. Jrue is probably going to be running PnR's and then playing a lot off the ball as Cousins facilitates the offense many possessions.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Or until we trade for either Smart or Bledsoe

My guess is that we will sign Young and wait for some minimum guys to fill the roster.

This does not sound like there is anything really in the works as far as a trade (as many have been anticipating)-

Pelicans Podcaster‏ @SilverAndMac 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Pelicans Podcaster Retweeted Jackson Ragusa

Heck, every GM is calling.
    Like I said, Dell is calling everyone but he can't make GMs trade or guys sign. Could happen any moment

Crowder is due roughly 6.8 million. Boston doesn't want any money back so they trade toupane, cook and crawford which can receive back 7 plus million (http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...er-of-nothing/) and add a 2019 or 2020 1st (highly protected i would guess). If ainge thinks our system won't work then that would be a valuable pick as AD and DC would be both gone. They could do toupane and cook for smart and that would work also. It seems a way for Boston to not take on salaries as those three are all non-guaranteed contracts that would be highly sought after to get Hayward contract to work for them.

Yeah. Most people won't like this logic but I see the Cousins trade as a prelude to this off-season. It was so late in the season..... Doesn't really fit in with last season. And like others have said, our real peak may be more like next season. So we get Young.....our off-season is then Young, resigning Jrue, and getting Boogie. Pretty stellar. We let that core gel some, let our young guys develop and become assets, maybe make a move mid-season. Be a playoff team. Not shooting for the moon this season. but gathering our forces.

Next season we resign Boogie and one big name guy if we didn't trade for one this midseason and make a go to contend.

I actually think a Jrue, Young, Hill, Davis, Cousins lineup with Finch helping mold a more cohesive system for our players to operate in is a sneakily solid group.

I really think it would be one of the most cohesive units we have put on the court since AD got here.

4 players that can move the ball and play very good defense and another(Young) that has been steadily improving and shown more willingness. One pretty good shooter and 4 other guys that can all stretch the D to the three point line. 4 players that all should play very well off of Cousins facilitating because they can cut, move, and knock down shots. With no real glaring holes anywhere like in years past.

Thread Information