Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 111 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Thread

I do think the hard cap would bring more balance but they also need to get rid of the max contracts and let the elite players get their true value which will also make it harder for teams to bunch up stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Banned
    Looking at the west we have a slim or none chance with the current roster to make the playoffs.
    We have a big 2.5 with Davis Cousins Holiday we have no bench weak Head Coach.
    If this team starts out the gate below .500 in the first 20 games call it a day.
    I know you guys are Potential winners out there but realistically we are what are record says the last 2 years.
    The blame of this situation is square on the Owner Mr. Benson.
    I have been a season ticket holder since 2010. I have watched the thin crowds over and over.
    I see more fans for the opposite team at some games than the home team.
    Spurs Cavs Warriors when in town they have more jerseys in the stands than The Pelicans. It's sad but Mr. Benson and his wife sit in their box seats and see this. They hear the loud Boos when Alvin Gentry is announced every game so it's not a surprise.
    I am not sure what the future holds on this roster but it don't look like anything close to a playoff ball club. Potential don't win games. Other teams in the West are locked and reloaded.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 07-02-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Looking at the west we have a slim or none chance with the current roster to make the playoffs.
    If this team starts out the gate below .500 in the first 20 games call it a day.
    I know you guys are Potential winners out there but realistically we are what are record says the last 2 years.
    I have been a season ticket holder since 2010. I have watched the thin crowds over and over.
    Spurs Cavs Warriors when in town they have more jerseys in the stands than The Pelicans. It's sad but Mr. Benson and his wife sit in their box seats and see this. They hear the loud Boos when Alvin Gentry is announced every game so it's not a surprise.
    I am not sure what the future holds on this roster but it don't look like anything close to a playoff ball club. Potential don't win games. Other teams in the West are locked and reloaded.
    You must be a blast at parties

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I wish the NBA would do away with the luxury tax and just hard cap the teams. It is ridiculous to say you want competitiveness and then allow the bigger market teams with deep pockets to just "buy" themselves into competitiveness.
    YES. but good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I do think the hard cap would bring more balance but they also need to get rid of the max contracts and let the elite players get their true value which will also make it harder for teams to bunch up stars.

Agree. With a hard cap, there really would not be a need for a max contract (maybe just max term since they are guaranteed).

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Reading more than one of your posts is like following a comedian on tour. Same repackaged ideas and emphasis no matter the different surroundings.
    @DanielVeuleman

To be fair though, this is the same roster as last year, and last year we were fighting to stay relevant, this year we will be battling for the 7th or 8th seed. This year will be very interesting, and with this being a make or break year for Demps and Gentry, look for them to attack like a dog that has been locked in a cage.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 07-02-2017 at 09:44 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    To be fair though, this is the same roster as last year, and last year we were fighting to stay relevant, this year we will be battling for the 7th or 8th seed. This year will be very interesting, and with this being a make or break year for Demps and Gentry, look for them to attack like a dog that has been locked in a cage.
    It has literally been 1+ day of the new league year. I don't think the Pelicans will be the same team/roster as last year. Give it time and let's assess where the team is in a few weeks.

Big moves coming soon?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post

Holy Crap! I'd take Jrue's contract over that pile of Tripe . What an overpay! I guess Lowry headed out the door!

I agree. I'm actually pretty surprised people think this current roster can compete for anything. We can barely compete for a playoff spot, let alone a ring. Roll into next year as is and we'll be competing in the lottery while Cousins walks away and Davis demands a trade.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Another overpay!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Another overpay!!
    Actually that's a killer fit for Minny, only two years and he knows Thibs system. They are going to be a problem. I bet Taj starts next to Towns.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Big moves coming soon?

He's going to have to something better than a MLE signing to get to top 4. He's going to have to make a big trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    He's going to have to something better than a MLE signing to get to top 4. He's going to have to make a big trade.
    Must be going after Bledsoe god I hope so
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Must be going after Bledsoe god I hope so
    Yeah me too! Would suck if it's Brandon Knight or Reggie Jackson.

Atleast we have a timeline today or tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Actually that's a killer fit for Minny, only two years and he knows Thibs system. They are going to be a problem. I bet Taj starts next to Towns.
    Who's going to shoot ! They have ZERO threats from 3pt range. No outside shooting at all !

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Atleast we have a timeline today or tomorrow
    Hopefully lol

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Uno I don't remember you being this negative

That's a good deal for Meeks. Wish we could get CJ for that.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    I agree. I'm actually pretty surprised people think this current roster can compete for anything. We can barely compete for a playoff spot, let alone a ring. Roll into next year as is and we'll be competing in the lottery while Cousins walks away and Davis demands a trade.

can we get to the playoffs first then see where we are at in talent to be able to work toward contending for a ring?....

Thread Information