Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    There's also a difference between being an NBA bench player and getting no minutes on a contender. The last part is what I addressed. I bolded it didn't I?
    Moore and Hill would barely touch the court on the Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, or Celtics.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    Moore and Hill would barely touch the court on the Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, or Celtics.
    Lmao wow

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Trade Ajinca + 2rd pick = Kyle O'Quinn C-PF
    Trade Pondexter + protected 1st rd pick (Top 18) = Will Barton SG-SF
    Sign Patrick Patterson PF to replace Cunningham (up front depth)
    Sign Young & Lawson or Rondo
    If wanna get out of E Moore trade for Justin Holiday S&T for 6.5 mil (Big if)

That's not saying much.
    It actually kinda is.

That unit produced a +16 Net rating. Held the opposing team to 41% shooting.

You are talking pretty good company with that. Granted there are some problem areas like TOV's and ball movement with that unit, but that is what Finch is coming in for.

One thing that really did not get used enough last season was the slashing ability of guys like Hill. His best games came when he was attacking the rim, making cuts and not just camping at the three point line. Finch's style that Gentry is incorporating relies heavily on their big man passing to guys cutting and slashing to the basket. There is some reason to believe that Finch should better optimize both Hill and Jrue a lot better then we used them last season.

I still hate the contract and think it will be our new anchor and may ultimately be one of those things that have us looking to Hinkie in a season or two, but there is some silver linings in all this.....Assuming Gentry does a better job with lineup management and rotations then he has shown himself thus far, which is probably the achilles heel for me in making this all work.

Being that Jrue can disappear in some games offensively we need
    another scorer in the starting 5 WILL BARTON ANYBODY????

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

Lol what? Why

Wow! I guess Iggy to the Heat is next!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    It actually kinda is.

That unit produced a +16 Net rating. Held the opposing team to 41% shooting.

You are talking pretty good company with that. Granted there are some problem areas like TOV's and ball movement with that unit, but that is what Finch is coming in for.

One thing that really did not get used enough last season was the slashing ability of guys like Hill. His best games came when he was attacking the rim, making cuts and not just camping at the three point line. Finch's style that Gentry is incorporating relies heavily on their big man passing to guys cutting and slashing to the basket. There is some reason to believe that Finch should better optimize both Hill and Jrue a lot better then we used them last season.

I still hate the contract and think it will be our new anchor and may ultimately be one of those things that have us looking to Hinkie in a season or two, but there is some silver linings in all this.....Assuming Gentry does a better job with lineup management and rotations then he has shown himself thus far, which is probably the achilles heel for me in making this all work.
    Cool. So the consensus is the boards are fine with Moore starting next year?

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Lol what? Why

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Lol,that was convenient

Damn. I knew he was going to get a short-term deal for a ton of money, but I wasn't expecting 23m.

Good deal for both sides.

Um Chalmers was on the heat and was a starter when they won a championship so that's not saying much
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Um Chalmers was on the heat and was a starter when they won a championship so that's not saying much
    You think the Pels are better than that Heat team?

I would love to upgrade from Moore but it's not the end of the world if he starts at SG.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Man can we sign somebody already .....we need some serious upgrades Dell and company better be working .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't worry. The first few days of FA are always full of crazy overpays. If you can wait it out, next week is where the value usually lies.

Man, JJ is getting $23m? Man, people getting paid. That 76ers team is going to be fun to watch.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

He wasn't saying they are better. Just how hypocritical your argument was. You said they would barely touch the floor. If we had zaza starting you would probably say the same about him. Bottom line is every team including the warriors has a position they could probably upgrade.

Do you know how to read? never said that i said chalmers started on a heat team that you said players like Moore and hill couldn't start on.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Damn. I knew he was going to get a short-term deal for a ton of money, but I wasn't expecting 23m.

Good deal for both sides.
    Kills my thought that they would take Asik off our hands.

TRY THIS TRADE IDEA

Pels get Alex Len and Brandon Knight Suns get AA, AO, O-Pon and Pels 2018 first

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Wasn't he linked to us in the past? Or was he a suggested target? I don't remember...

Another 3pt shooter. At least we're clear on our direction.

...odd we haven't been reported as looking into any bigs. We can't be about to roll with both Asik and Ajinca off the bench...
    I think we will cut/waive/stretch asik and ajinca and roll with Diallo as the backup

If the season started tomorrow, that would be the lineup I would want to get the most time on the floor.

Is it my ideal? Absolutely not. In a perfect world I would much rather a player like Reddick manning the 2 spot. A much more consistent defender and offensive threat. And who knows, there were a few rumors the other day of us pursuing Korver. So really this is all very fluid right now. I would love to upgrade the spot, but people are making Moore out to be some godawful albatross when in reality he is probably one of the few easily moveable players.

Thread Information