Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mikecia View Post
    True! Who is our starting SG?
    Right now it's Etwaun Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

What in Diallo's game last year showed you he couldn't handle more minuets. The lack of use that he got after showing out was startling. I am sure he comes back bigger and stronger, who else is going to get those mins besides DC? Why sign someone when you have a perfectly fine option here.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What in Diallo's game last year showed you he couldn't handle more minuets. The lack of use that he got after showing out was startling. I am sure he comes back bigger and stronger, who else is going to get those mins besides DC? Why sign someone when you have a perfectly fine option here.
    I like Diallo too. Him and DC should get minutes.

Moore at the 2? That's not going to work.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    Why not?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Jrue, Moore, Hill, AD, Cousins was our best lineup last season post Cousins trade.

I like Moore. He and Jrue are a good defensive backcourt.

This looks like it would be a good article on the Pels:

http://insider.espn.com/nba/insider/...-returning-nba

But I don't have ESPN insider so no clue what it says

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

Wow! That's overpaying for a guy!

Banned
    What do we have in assets to get a top player via trade July 6?
    Can we trade Hill and Anjinca? Do we have any money to spend if so how much?
    We have to get a playmaker if we want to make some noise.
    Holiday Davis Cousins Hill Crawford/Moore is our starters.
    Just curious

I saw a thin 20 year old kid play 12 minutes a game for 17 games. Then I see a possible back up front court of him & Ajinca and I really get worried cause all I see is bones lol. Don't get it twisted, I love me some Diallo. Sky is the limit for him, I just have to see more before I could trust him to get more minutes.

That's why I want to see him in summer league. If he looks more physically mature and capable to be the primary backup then don't sign anyone. Well I would rather sign someone anyway, but that's just me. I think we would be foolish to hand over the primary backup 4 spot to him based off 17 career games. I just don't think he has earned it yet without some kind of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I saw a thin 20 year old kid play 12 minutes a game for 17 games. Then I see a possible back up front court of him & Ajinca and I really get worried cause all I see is bones lol. Don't get it twisted, I love me some Diallo. Sky is the limit for him, I just have to see more before I could trust him to get more minutes.

That's why I want to see him in summer league. If he looks more physically mature and capable to be the primary backup then don't sign anyone. Well I would rather sign someone anyway, but that's just me. I think we would be foolish to hand over the primary backup 4 spot to him based off 17 career games. I just don't think he has earned it yet without some kind of competition.
    He is playing summer league

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Why not?
    It didn't work last year and it won't work this year. Moore isn't a starter in the NBA. No disrespect, but I don't even understand why that question has to be asked. It's not about who you like. Its about who can produce. We need a real SG and an upgrade over Solomon Hill because he shouldn't be starting in the NBA either. These guys wouldn't even get playing time on a real contender. Isn't that what we're trying to field? A contender? The Pelicans aren't a contender with Moore and Hill starting. It's self explanatory.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Jrue, Moore, Hill, AD, Cousins was our best lineup last season post Cousins trade.
    That's not saying much.

I miss when NOLA basketball was fun... like the 07-08 season
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    I despise Moore so much. I don't want him to see any significant minutes. He's had so many opportunities to make open shots and he fails like 8 out of 10 times. His defense is questionable. I would rather Swaggy P be our starting 2 guard.

It didn't work last year and it won't work this year. Moore isn't a starter in the NBA. No disrespect, but I don't even understand why that question has to be asked. It's not about who you like. Its about who can produce. We need a real SG and an upgrade over Solomon Hill because he shouldn't be starting in the NBA either. These guys wouldn't even get playing time on a real contender. Isn't that what we're trying to field? A contender? The Pelicans aren't a contender with Moore and Hill starting. It's self explanatory.
    The argument over if they are starting caliber or not is valid. But the bolded is crazy town. Etwaun Moore is a bonified legitimate NBA player and so is Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    This looks like it would be a good article on the Pels:

http://insider.espn.com/nba/insider/...-returning-nba

But I don't have ESPN insider so no clue what it says
    Do people actually get ESPN Insider? lol

The other part is OA and AA.....I'd rather we find a way to trade one or both.....but we've been saying that for how long now? So let's say one or both of these guys gets some minutes at C. Maybe they even get some minutes at C while Boogie plays some minutes at PF. Makes signing a PF even more redundant while having DC and Diallo.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 07-01-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Man can we sign somebody already .....we need some serious upgrades Dell and company better be working .

What's with the Moore hate all of a sudden? I thought he played decent in his role last year.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The argument over if they are starting caliber or not is valid. But the bolded is crazy town. Etwaun Moore is a bonified legitimate NBA player and so is Hill.
    There's a difference in being worthy of the NBA and worthy of starting. Let's not do the rose colored glasses thing. If they were both legit starters we would have made the playoffs last year. We don't need bench depth. They are the bench depth. We need legit starters.

There's a difference in being worthy of the NBA and worthy of starting. Let's not do the rose colored glasses thing. If they were both legit starters we would have made the playoffs last year. We don't need bench depth. They are the bench depth. We need legit starters.
    There's also a difference between being an NBA bench player and getting no minutes on a contender. The last part is what I addressed. I bolded it didn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    What's with the Moore hate all of a sudden? I thought he played decent in his role last year.
    I don't hate him. I just know if he's a starter on a team then that team isn't contending for a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I don't hate him. I just know if he's a starter on a team then that team isn't contending for a ring.

Thread Information