Pelicans Report

Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    No one leaguewide thought even a little about Pels.
    Even a minute.

No matter if his name is Duncan, Wright or Mr Smith.

Considering that Pels may trade DMC before the season is stupid.
    You may consider it at the deadline at the earliest, but only if this 'experiment' will fail.
    But whole organisation bought the idea of this combo and whole team. Heck - looks like DMC bought it.

I just want to sit back and enjoy the perception of Pels season within next months...
    And to see how many of insiders (maybe better call them outsiders) will admit that they were wrong...
    love this guy
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I have a hypothetical question for you guys. IF we can play at a high level all season, stay healthy, get in the playoffs as a 4 or 5th seed, take our first round opponent to 7 games at worst or win the series at best, and Boogie re-signs

Do you think its possible in any way that LeBron would put us on a list of free agent visits? I would imagine that his visit list would be very very small. Cleveland, Los Angeles, maybe New York....

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I have a hypothetical question for you guys. IF we can play at a high level all season, stay healthy, get in the playoffs as a 4 or 5th seed, take our first round opponent to 7 games at worst or win the series at best, and Boogie re-signs

Do you think its possible in any way that LeBron would put us on a list of free agent visits? I would imagine that his visit list would be very very small. Cleveland, Los Angeles, maybe New York....

Thoughts?
    I would take cleavland off of there but I've thought about it but nah he's in that stage where he's setting things up for after basketball. He's probably going to L.A.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thoughts?
    1. We wouldn't have cap-space to sign him to a contract of any substantial amount. Would have to trade away Holiday, Hill, Asik and probably Moore to even get close.

2. He wants to continue his streak of being in the finals every year. GS is in the West, which means more likely to not reach the Finals. Staying in the East is easier in the regular season for him as he gets up there in age, and an easier path to the Finals, which he likes.

3. He has no history with New O like he does with Cleveland. If he doesn't stay there he will probably look to team up with his homeboy C. Paul, and possibly Melo and/or Wade in LA, NY like you said, or maybe even back in Miami.

So, no. It's possible in the realm that anything is possible, but extremely unlikely.

Brandon Knight Undergoes Successful ACL Surgery, Will Miss Entire 17-18 Season
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...e-17-18-Season
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

This guy...

So if at the trade deadline we're not in contention for the playoffs (likely... if we have the injuries again), and Cleveland offers Shump (10 mill for 2 years), Channing Frye (1 year 7 mil) and the Nets 1st round pick for Boogie... do you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    So if at the trade deadline we're not in contention for the playoffs (likely... if we have the injuries again), and Cleveland offers Shump (10 mill for 2 years), Channing Frye (1 year 7 mil) and the Nets 1st round pick for Boogie... do you do it?
    Unless the injuries include Cousins and Davis you will 100% be "in contention for the playoffs" at the trade deadline.

The Franchise
    As long as Cousins and Davis want to play here, they will. The only way I trade them is if they want out. Hopefully they ask before their contract ends. So Cousins would have to ask before the trade deadline.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 08-28-2017 at 01:33 PM.

IF that happens and as the FO I feel like Cousins is not resigning than yes.

But I agree with bricklayer, either Davis would have to be out long term for that to happen or Cousins.....and the Cats wouldn't do this if Cousins were hurt. So the only way that scenario plays out is if we lose AD early and for the season.

People keep underestimating our power. Hill going down will hurt us in a seven game playoff series. We're still top five seed in the West.

We're trying to bring back Dante. Wolves trying to get him too

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn

New Orleans is trying to re-sign F Dante Cunningham, but Minnesota is proving to be one suitor tough to beat on him, sources tell ESPN.
    http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...s_competi.html
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 08-30-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Just stretch Asik already so we can pay DC

Bloody hell this has gone on way too long

Deadline to stretch Asik is Thursday - I would rather not see his name on the payroll for ten years. Any chance we can burn another $10m of that disaster this year - do it. We might even be able to move the rest next year.

Dante waived a $3m player option thinking he would make more on the open market - now he has to decide between two minimum offers at just under $1.5. I see why his agent is holding off - still a chance to get more from Pels if we trade or stretch, I say call the bluff.

Dante will play more with us, especially now with hill out. All money the same, Pels are better fit. Minnesota is not going to go above minimum - so it's where does he think he will do the best. My money is on Dante choosing us, but you can't blame the guy for being upset that he rolled the dice and lost half his money - then waiting till there is zero chance to get it back before he commits.

Yes. But he cannot blame Pels. Cause HE opted out and not Pels.
    It is not Pels fault that financial environment looks like this.
    Also MM mentioned that Minny sold him the defined role and in NO he is doing different stuff.

IMO it is typical agent play. If you wont give me 3, but 1,5, then I will sign for the same money elsewhere.

Who was the other small forward that played at the end of 2015-2016 when Ennis played?

He was decent

Gee? Jordan Hamilton? Babbitt?

camp invite?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Totally worth a camp invite. But he won't make the team. Or he shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Who was the other small forward that played at the end of 2015-2016 when Ennis played?

He was decent
    Bryce Dejean Jones - he had potential - very sad

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Bryce Dejean Jones - he had potential - very sad
    Nah I think it was Hamilton as pawel said

BDJ was a SG

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    From that same site it says that the bucks will be resigning Jason Terry. Dude is going to be 40 before the season starts, yet he will still give you better play than guys 1/2 his age.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I am wondering if we will see an Ajinca trade as well. The way I look at it we kinda need him because we don't have enough bigs. But at the same time we kinda need flexibility to add wing depth.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I am wondering if we will see an Ajinca trade as well. The way I look at it we kinda need him because we don't have enough bigs. But at the same time we kinda need flexibility to add wing depth.
    Ajinca's minutes need to go to Diallo and we can't move Asik without attaching a 1st.
    Ajinca could easily be moved for a wing. I hope Dell is doing his due diligence.

Yea could be. But if it took an unprotected 2018 2nd round pick to unload Q-Pon's expiring 3.9 mil contract, what would it take to unload Ajinca's 2 year 5 mil contract? Giving up a protected 1st only makes sense if you're swapping him for a key contributor at SF (TJ Warren please!?) Then that would only give us Asik's bad contract to deal with, and possibly Hill's. Warren can start at SF and if he fits well, could be re-signed with bird rights next year along with Cousins. But would the Suns be willing to trade him away for a pick likely in the 20's..?

Cousins / ?
    Davis / Cunningham? / Diallo
    Warren / Miller
    Holiday / Moore /Crawford
    Rondo / Clark

Thread Information