Pelicans Report

Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Out- Crowder (very good role player)
    IT - an MVP candidate
    Zizic- Best big man prospect in Europe
    A guaranteed top 5 pick

In- The 3rd best PG in the NBA, possibly a top 15 talent.

Celtics are now

C-Horford
    PF- Marcus Morris
    SF- Brown/Tatum
    SG- Hayward
    PG- Irving

I don't know, I'm not a fan of the trade, but we have our own problems.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    IT poured his soul for Boston and he gets traded. Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93 View Post
    IT poured his soul for Boston and he gets traded. Dang.
    IT poured his hip for Boston and he gets traded

I'm on the fence about the move. I feel like Boston overpaid but also somehow underpaid. That probably means it's a pretty even deal for both sides.

I guess the bigger question is, does this actually make either team better? Feels like a lateral move. IT had a MVP level year last year. Both are similar score first PGs that play no defense. Is Kyrie really that big of an improvement over IT?

For Cleveland they probably don't downgrade that much at PG but he can walk after a year unless they pay up, they also add Crowder who I'm assuming is going to start so does that mean LBJ slides over to PF? The 1st round pick doesn't help them win now (unless they flip it) so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm on the fence about the move. I feel like Boston overpaid but also somehow underpaid.
    I feel like Boston grossly overpaid when they added that Nets pick, but please splain that bold part for ya boy...

I think Boston overpaid...Boston should of at least got the blazers 1st round pick in 2018 the Cavs have. Blazers will most likely not be in the lottery. Cavs got the better deal overall especially for a player forcing his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think the C's won that.....slightly.

IT was not going to get overpaid by Boston and he is 29.
    Crowder is a role player behind Howard and will want to get paid in a few seasons.
    Zizic is unknown.

If you break it down it was Irving for the 2018 pick (top 5).

Just like it was Boogie for Heild and the 7th pick this year.

Maybe we got hosed?
    I get where you are coming from....but while langston galloway and tyreke were fillers and would not contribute much on a championship caliber team...Crowder and IT might start on a championship caliber team so that increases their value.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Thomas is a red flag going forward because of his hip.
    The Celtics don't do this trade if Thomas doesn't get hurt.
    The Cavs don't do this trade if they need Thomas at 100% the first half of the season in order to secure a spot in the top half of the East.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I feel like Boston grossly overpaid when they added that Nets pick, but please splain that bold part for ya boy...
    Just the vibe I get when I think about the trade. If IT is a 1 year rental and the Cavs don't win a ring (which is also harder now with the Celtics) then they basically gave Kyrie up for a 1st and Crowder. We don't even know how good the Nets pick will be with so many teams tanking in the East.

On the other hand if IT comes back from injury and plays at his previous level, plus the 1st ends up being high, and you get Jae Crowder it could be a lot for Boston to have given up when I'm not sure they are even a better team this year with this trade. So overpaid and underpaid. Probably in the middle.

The Nets pick/Zizic allows them to have a decent foundation to rebuild if/when LeBron leaves next summer. IT/Crowder allow them to continue to get to the Finals this year. Pretty doggone good deal for Cleveland.

I hate this trade for both teams. This feels like a lateral move for Boston(if not a slight step back). I think Irving is the better talent between he and Thomas, but IT just put up a MVP season. Not sure Kyrie is ready to delivery that just yet. C's only returning starter is Horford. So while on paper Irving and Hayward are upgrades in top end talent there's hurting in bench depth and chemistry. And they are still a really poor rebounding team.

Cavs barring any future trades is still way too far behind the Warriors which means James is leaving after this season. The Cavs biggest weakness defense actually gets worse. Crowder is a really good defender but he'll have to replace Smith who's solid on defense already. So the Cavs replace a weak defensive pg with an even weaker defensive pg. And they still have Love who's a liability on that end. The only way the Cavs could have potentially caught up to the Warriors were to flip Irving and Love for strong two way players. This trade did nothing for that and so they'll lose James and aren't likely to retain Thomas. So it's Irving for Crowder, Zuzic, and the Brooklyn pick which is probably 5th or lower. Right now on paper I have Brooklyn as the 7th worse team. Cleveland IMO should have went all in on trying to keep James and winning titles while the window is open. If they really lack the confidence they could re-sign LeBron then just go full rebuild. But at this stage I think hedging their bets will leave them with the worse out come. No James and not nearly enough assetz to jumpstart a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Out- Crowder (very good role player)
    IT - an MVP candidate
    Zizic- Best big man prospect in Europe
    A guaranteed top 5 pick

In- The 3rd best PG in the NBA, possibly a top 15 talent.

Celtics are now

C-Horford
    PF- Marcus Morris
    SF- Brown/Tatum
    SG- Hayward
    PG- Irving

I don't know, I'm not a fan of the trade, but we have our own problems.
    You really think Irving is the 3rd best pg?

What if Dan Gilbert pulls a "Decision" on Lebron before the season starts?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    What if Dan Gilbert pulls a "Decision" on Lebron before the season starts?
    That would be some irony. I think I like that idea. He should hold a press conference to announce they have decided to trade Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    That would be some irony. I think I like that idea. He should hold a press conference to announce they have decided to trade Lebron.
    I'm pretty sure LeBron has a no trade clause, so the possibility of that happening is slim to none.

Lebron has a no trade clause

Lebron burns Danny again.. hey at least time he'll be leaving him with some jewelry

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm pretty sure LeBron has a no trade clause, so the possibility of that happening is slim to none.
    Lebron has a no trade clause
    That would make it even funnier!

Not sure you can say Lebron burned him when he got the guy a ring. However it is a bad look for Lebron that Kyrie hated playing with him so much that he forced his way out.

I wonder how much that feeling goes a lot deeper than just Kyrie. Maybe some players are sick of Lebron playing GM and head coach too.

Not sure you can say Lebron burned him when he got the guy a ring. However it is a bad look for Lebron that Kyrie hated playing with him so much that he forced his way out.

I wonder how much that feeling goes a lot deeper than just Kyrie. Maybe some players are sick of Lebron playing GM and head coach too.
    It might look bad but the guy brought a ship to Cleveland. I think its more of a case of the young guy with a big ego and him wanting to be the main man instead of just being happy to win a championship and compete for others.

Lebron might be ************, but you have a better chance to win if you are on his team. (Unless you play with the Warriors, they have enough without Lebron)

Wouldn't it be funny if Lebron took the minimum next year to play with the Warriors? Well, maybe not funny...

So......did anyone else here listen to Nick Wright on The Hard this morning and the trade he proposed?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    So......did anyone else here listen to Nick Wright on The Hard this morning and the trade he proposed?
    No....what?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    No....what?
    If it's the same trade I saw Nick Wright suggest the other day, he proposed CLE could send us Iman Shumpert, Channing Frye, and the Nets pick in exchange for Boogie. Aside from the Nets pick, it would be very difficult to think of anything good we would get from that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Don't entertain that nonsense. It's not important. It's people who don't even want what's best for us.

No one leaguewide thought even a little about Pels.
    Even a minute.

No matter if his name is Duncan, Wright or Mr Smith.

Considering that Pels may trade DMC before the season is stupid.
    You may consider it at the deadline at the earliest, but only if this 'experiment' will fail.
    But whole organisation bought the idea of this combo and whole team. Heck - looks like DMC bought it.

I just want to sit back and enjoy the perception of Pels season within next months...
    And to see how many of insiders (maybe better call them outsiders) will admit that they were wrong...

Thread Information