Pelicans Report

Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    So let me get this straight it wouldn't work in new Orleans bc there aren't enough balls but some how some way it would work in Houston??? Makes complete sense also apparently he's not watching boogie and his passes to ad or anyone else last year interesting

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Took the words right out my mouth. But everyone in the media keeps clamoring about us needing a shooter to space the floor. "Not enough balls to go around" lmao it works in GS worked in Boston, Miami, Cleveland. Would work in Houston but not Nola? It's nothing more than typical media pushing for the big market teams.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Took the words right out my mouth. But everyone in the media keeps clamoring about us needing a shooter to space the floor. "Not enough balls to go around" lmao it works in GS worked in Boston, Miami, Cleveland. Would work in Houston but not Nola? It's nothing more than typical media pushing for the big market teams.
    Exactly, I'm not even saying Melo would be a good fit but using his logic that would mean he wouldn't be a good fit in Houston or cleavland especially if kyrie stays.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I didn't have hear his take and I already know why he wouldn't like it. He is a Knicks fan and wouldn't like what he would get back in return. This idea of a "not enough balls to go around is a flawed notion". A team of subpar talent can have this same problem if the players don't play together just the same as a team of 5 all star level talents.

From a basketball standpoint there is no reason it can't work. They would just have to learn to play as a team

Yes, Stephen A always has his own opinion that usually sucks honestly. He is not a biased reporter. He wants Melo to go to Houston. Honestly, I do not want Melo on the team. I think he is a ball Hog and that contract especially with the trade kicker...let Houston have him. I agree that if he thinks it will work in Houston then it can work in Nola, but I would hate if he came here.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Yes, Stephen A always has his own opinion that usually sucks honestly. He is not a biased reporter. He wants Melo to go to Houston. Honestly, I do not want Melo on the team. I think he is a ball Hog and that contract especially with the trade kicker...let Houston have him. I agree that if he thinks it will work in Houston then it can work in Nola, but I would hate if he came here.
    finally there is someone else who doesnt want him here

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Cousins is an extremely good facilitator. So much so that before we got Rondo I wanted to see him as a point forward for the offense. That comment from Stephen A sounded really ignorant. It's like he hasn't watched Cousins play.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    They wouldn't. And Melo wouldn't agree to come to NOLA.

Which is why y'all are wasting your time. Go enjoy the sunshine.
    I agree I don't think that it will happen unless we include multiple 1st round picks and that wouldn't be smart .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Melo idea sounded interesting at first but I agree with Stephen A and mostly Max, adding a high usage player like Melo when we haven't built real chemistry among the 2 high usage guys we already have could be a disaster. Especially a guy who's been a ball hog for 14 years. I don't think it would work in Houston either fwiw.

Furthermore, we finally have a great group of guys that can grow together and are focused on winning. I don't want the social media circus and drama that comes with Melo around this team at this point. He just cheated on his wife again, this time getting another woman pregnant. His wife doing nude scenes on TV. Their situation is just so much drama and social media keeping the fire alive, I'm not sure if he's even all the way focused on basketball. We don't need his problems messing up what we got going.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    finally there is someone else who doesnt want him here
    #TeamNoMelo

I seriously doubt we get Melo here but talent wins in this league. If Dell gets him here without completely mortgaging the future he would be the third best player on the team.

Think about that, Jrue would be the fourth option.

Is Melo perfect? Not even close.

Is Melo more talented than anyone else we have at the position? Not even close.

Its doubtful that he lands in NOLA but at least it gives us something to talk about right now.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I seriously doubt we get Melo here but talent wins in this league. If Dell gets him here without completely mortgaging the future he would be the third best player on the team.

Think about that, Jrue would be the fourth option.

Is Melo perfect? Not even close.

Is Melo more talented than anyone else we have at the position? Not even close.

Its doubtful that he lands in NOLA but at least it gives us something to talk about right now.
    I agree. Too much talent to miss out on.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Dante. Cunningham + pick>Melo
    Dante Cunningham+ pick> Crowder
    Dante Cunningham + pick> Chandler
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Cunningham gotta show Diallo how to make them cuts, so he can play the 3

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    How about this

Dante Cunningham + pick < Melo - pick - Asik - Hill - filler

Or even better, what if we give up the pick + asik + hill + filler for melo and resign Dante?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    How about this

Dante Cunningham + pick < Melo - pick - Asik - Hill - filler

Or even better, what if we give up the pick + asik + hill + filler for melo and resign Dante?
    My post was based on what MM was saying

If we ignore him he.....well....it seems he won't die but he may go away.

So. Melo. I have pretty much ignored the East. I would love to have vintage Melo but I have no clue how far he has declined. I really only watch the Pels. The rest of the NBA disgusts me.

However, I will say that all of this "not enough balls" nonsense is exactly what was said when these super teams started forming and it was the exact logic I clung to when I was telling everyone Durant couldn't fit in GS....so...well.....at least I've learned and am adapting.

Even if he has declined... he'd still easily be good enough for 18/8 and is a good 3 shooter....and is clutch

He would just have to accept being 3rd option... but may accept that in order to win.
    That starting lineup would be the best in the league and a serious contender
    '' We are here!!''

Is Melo the perfect fit, maybe not. Is a Melo trade likely, NO. BUT, no one can argue that a team with a starting 5 of Rondo, Jrue, Boogie, Melo, and AD would be tough to beat if they found a way to coexist. This would without question be the most talented team in New Orleans professional basketball history. It is worth discussing!

and no...Cunningham and next years 1 are not worth more than Melo if your goal is competing for a title This is a rare opportunity for a small market team to have a legit shot!
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

I have two problems with Melo signings.
    1. total amount of salary commited to Jrue, AD, Melo and re-signed DMC is more than salary cap. To fill the roster you will need to go deep into the tax. Probably for multiple years. Jrue, AD and DMC should have contracts for the multiple years. so it will be hard to add a new blood into it...
    2. NYK still are looking for king ransom for Melo. Hill and More and pick (not to mention Asik) is not a king ransom. Also he prefers to play with his friends and does not see Pels as a contender.

I dont have a problem with speculations. Speculate if you wish
    At best Pels might participate in Melo trade as third party. And that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    I have two problems with Melo signings.
    1. total amount of salary commited to Jrue, AD, Melo and re-signed DMC is more than salary cap. To fill the roster you will need to go deep into the tax. Probably for multiple years. Jrue, AD and DMC should have contracts for the multiple years. so it will be hard to add a new blood into it...
    2. NYK still are looking for king ransom for Melo. Hill and More and pick (not to mention Asik) is not a king ransom. Also he prefers to play with his friends and does not see Pels as a contender.

I dont have a problem with speculations. Speculate if you wish
    At best Pels might participate in Melo trade as third party. And that's all.
    This! I don't think Benson will pay the tax unless we are for sure Finals candidate.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Yay! NBA news

@ShamsCharania: Sources: Charlotte plans to sign guard Julyan Stone to a two-year minimum deal, with second year trigger date, pending FIBA clearance.

m.twi...

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Yay! NBA news

@ShamsCharania: Sources: Charlotte plans to sign guard Julyan Stone to a two-year minimum deal, with second year trigger date, pending FIBA clearance.

m.twi...
    Interesting back story to this, he was freed from his current contract with a team in Italy on his request, so he can continue his career closer to his father who has been hospitalized here in the states. I'm sure having the chance to play in the NBA factored into the decision some, too.

Dwyane Wade and the Chicago Bulls are expected to agree upon a buyout at some point in the coming months.
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ee-Upon-Buyout

Wade will be a great addition to Pels if he want to take a 1 year minimum.
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Overt View Post
    Dwyane Wade and the Chicago Bulls are expected to agree upon a buyout at some point in the coming months.
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ee-Upon-Buyout

Wade will be a great addition to Pels if he want to take a 1 year minimum.
    No. Keep him away.

How do we all feel about Nerlens being a free agent? I always really liked his game. The fact that no one has offered him anything is crazy to me. In the last two Mosgov, Mahinmi, Asik, Leornard, Biyombo, Noah, Miles Plumlee, and Tyson Chandler all averaged 14 Million a year last year after signing contracts since the cap's gone up. That is a third of the league carrying dead weight contracts in centers that are legitimately hampering their team's success yet Nerlens isn't getting his qualifying offer of 4.5? The guy is a genuinely good pick and roll defender. He just can't shoot. As much as shooting has become important for big men, I'd gladly take that deficiency for his defense. I know we don't really need another big but it is so perplexing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Thread Information