Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Let Jrue walk man.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    - Jrue might have his feelings hurt, that's why Boogie is out recruiting.

-OKC essentially traded Ibaka for George.
    That's cool! Finally we have a superstar that is trying to recruit people! Jrue can go and let Boogie recruit some guys!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    - Jrue might have his feelings hurt, that's why Boogie is out recruiting.

-OKC essentially traded Ibaka for George.
    considering the report earlier today that Jrue & the team have a tight bond after his wife's health scare... I would find that odd
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Wow! George for a quick pit stop to the Thunder before he moves to LA!
    And he gets to build some chemistry with Westbrook before he bolts to LA too.

Why is Jrue the only player the NBA waiting until midnight to negotiate a deal?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Check out @ESPNSteinLine's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...059476480?s=09

Jeff Teague rumored to 3yr 55m deal. This should set the market for PGs if true.

That's a lot lower than I expected. Yet there's a ton of fans saying he's overpaid at that amount.

Clue: All fans hate all their players that aren't superstars and think they are overpaid.
    Dell had to call Jrue's bluff. I know it's a HUGE risk, but I'd offer him 15% more than Teague signs for and offer to sign his brother for half the MLE so they can play together.

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t-rex23 View Post
    That is a weird fit. We'd probably be better off
    No way Indiana give him anything close to the max, they are in rebuilding mode now. Dell better have the balls to not go much above market value for Jrue, especially after what Teague got.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    So any interest in trying to acquire Evan Fournier if Ingles goes to Orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by t-rex23 View Post
    And he gets to build some chemistry with Westbrook before he bolts to LA too.
    Lmao the same thought occured to me. Presti has some balls to make this trade after KD just bolted. Should be a fun team to watch at the very least.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    So any interest in trying to acquire Evan Fournier if Ingles goes to Orlando?
    AD and Boogie gotta be great. If they're great, sure lets go get Fournier too. But with the way the West is shaping up, AD and Boogie have to be G-R-E-A-T or it doesn't really matter how much Dell give Jrue or what else they do.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Lauren Holiday is from Indianapolis. It makes total sense for them to make a play for Indy. Dell shouldn't overthink this, work out something with Pritchard immediately that helps us move forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Lmao the same thought occured to me. Presti has some balls to make this trade after KD just bolted. Should be a fun team to watch at the very least.
    Westbrook and George have both been rumored as future Lakers. Presti is going to be hella nervous if Westbrook doesn't sign that extension in 90 minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Lauren Holiday is from Indianapolis. It makes total sense for them to make a play for Indy. Dell shouldn't overthink this, work out something with Pritchard immediately that helps us move forward.

Jrue probably isn't offering to do a sign and trade. He can't squeeze the Pelicans if he leaves them with that option. I think Jrue's agent is playing hardball and threatening to just walk if they don't get exactly what they want. Dell still has to trust his valuation and draw the line. I hope Teague signs quick. 15% more than Teague would be my limit, and that's paying a premium

Wonder who Boogie is trying to recruit also strange Wall didn't take the max contract when offered hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Wonder who Boogie is trying to recruit also strange Wall didn't take the max contract when offered hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would lose my crap.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Jrue probably isn't offering to do a sign and trade. He can't squeeze the Pelicans if he leaves them with that option. I think Jrue's agent is playing hardball and threatening to just walk if they don't get exactly what they want. Dell still has to trust his valuation and draw the line. I hope Teague signs quick. 15% more than Teague would be my limit, and that's paying a premium
    Then Dell has to let it ride. If Teague goes for 3/55, then that means his first deal of 4/100 is more than fair. I think Boogie would understand and that's certainly a defensible position to the higher ups if he's worried about his job. There have to be better options out there.

Teague is about to sign with the T wolves for 3 years for $55 million, and Jrue will get over $100 million from the Pels. What a frickin joke...
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-30-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Banned
    Sources say Hayward has a mystery team in the West he is interested in????
    Could it be the Pelicans??

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Let Jrue walk man.
    Anybody find it ODDDDDD that MM has vanished on here and on Twitter for the entire day!? Huh

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Anybody find it ODDDDDD that MM has vanished on here and on Twitter for the entire day!? Huh
    is he missed?

Thread Information