Pelicans Report

Thread: Evan Fournier

Evan Fournier

I've been going back and forth for the last month on who would be my ideal trade target this off-season with our 2018 first, since it's our best way to add a starting caliber player, after resigning Jrue. There's alot of guards I'd love to add like Bledsoe, Rubio, Mills or Rubio. I've gone back and forth with alot of these guys and who would fit next to Jrue and in our new offense. I think I've finally settled on Fournier.

He's 24 and locked into a 4 year deal at $17 mil per year. He provides good shooting, playmaking and scoring. I think as a 3rd offensive option he would be very effective. He would be the perfect SG for Finch's system, since he can shoot and cut. He's versatile, can play the 2 or 3. Assuming he continues to progress, his contract will be a steal. If Orlando is willing to trade him for something like our 2018 first + Moore, then I'd hope Dell jumps all over that.

What do y'all think about Fournier? Is he attainable? Is he a good fit? What would you be willing to trade for him?

IMO he is very attainable.
    Curious what is his value in eyes of new Magic FO...

I will go first, Moore, Ajinca/QPon for Fournier and Hezonja

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I would want to give them Asik.

Send them Moore, Asik, 2018 1st round pick.

Try to trade for Rondo. Toupane 2018 2nd round pick for Rondo

Starting 5
    Holiday, Fournier, Hill, AD, Cousins

Bench players

Rondo, Crawford, Ajina, Justin Holiday, Ajinca, Diallo.

Try to sign another small forward. To backup hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also would like to send them Asik.
    But cost of Asik is 1 first rounder.
    Cost of Fournier is another one.

To be fair, it's really hard to assess his availability since tthe magicien has a new FO and gave a way very email info. Except drafting another Sf/PF, week-end barely know their plan and how the value players. It depends there they stand regarding Ross and Fournier. They may even consider Fournier more a PG than SG.

I like your trade, pawel. Would give us a much needed shooter in Fournier.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Starting 5

Bench players

You probably won't have to trade for Rondo. It pretty much seems he will get waived today:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...t-Minute-Trade

I would love the starting line up of Holiday, Fournier, Hill, Davis, and Big Cuz with a bench of Crawford, Justin Holiday, Diallo, and a PG and Big vets. That could get us to the 3 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Starting 5

Bench players

Why on earth would they take Ask in that deal? They're already loaded in the front court, there's no way they'd take on Asik's contract too. Let's be realistic about this.

I think Fournier would be a perfect fit here. IMO he's a very similiar player to Klay Thompson and could blow up in the role he would play here. Would be our SG while being able to play SF in some small ball lineups say we want Jrue/Crawford/Fournier on the floor at the same time for some fire power. Fournier is a very solid defender and knows how to move the ball. Is the main focus when teams play the Magic while here he would be the 3rd-4th. Would have no problem moving a future 1st and 2nd for him.

Another player I would love to get who is attainable imo is Kris Middleton. With the emergence of Brogdon I could definitely see the Bucks interested in moving Middleton who might be a bench player next season. Middleton along with Fournier are 2 of my favorite fits for this team who are in that 2nd tier of SG/SF group.

One thing that could really boost us in the trade market before he deadline this season is Diallo. If he has improved upon from what we saw last season and is in the rotation we could have a very valuable asset on our team. He will no doubt get a high lottery pick value with solid play when you factor in his potential as a 2 way PF. Lots of teams will be interested in a talented big like Diallo. The way he plays could completely change what type of assets we have to offer teams in a trade. Might not be what the Magic or Bucks are looking for but the great thing is we can get a 3rd team involved.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Another player I would love to get who is attainable imo is Kris Middleton. With the emergence of Brogdon I could definitely see the Bucks interested in moving Middleton who might be a bench player next season. Middleton along with Fournier are 2 of my favorite fits for this team who are in that 2nd tier of SG/SF group.

One thing that could really boost us in the trade market before he deadline this season is Diallo. If he has improved upon from what we saw last season and is in the rotation we could have a very valuable asset on our team. He will no doubt get a high lottery pick value with solid play when you factor in his potential as a 2 way PF. Lots of teams will be interested in a talented big like Diallo. The way he plays could completely change what type of assets we have to offer teams in a trade. Might not be what the Magic or Bucks are looking for but the great thing is we can get a 3rd team involved.
    Middleton is definitely a starter they aren't going to put there 2nd or 3rd best player on the bench...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post

Or, if Diallo is that good, he can stay here and help the Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Middleton is definitely a starter they aren't going to put there 2nd or 3rd best player on the bench...
    Have you heard of Brogdon who was just rookie of the year in place of Middleton? Oh and he also cost the team nothing being a 2nd round draft pick. Middleton didn't play near all of last season and it's very possible they roll with Brogdon over him. Not saying they definitely move him but if he's untradeable then I guess nobody is ever moved. Giannis still plays the SF position even though he plays a point forward like Lebron. So Brogdon ar SG and Giannis at SF where does that leave Middleton? On the bench.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 07-02-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    Or, if Diallo is that good, he can stay here and help the Pelicans.
    I would much rather have a starter then Diallo be that good stick behind 2 super stars. Yes him being very good would be a great help off the bench but moving him for an all star caliber SG/SF player we should not hesitate.

I’d do Q-Pon, Asik and two future firsts (top 3 protected) for Fournier.

A line up of:

Holiday
    Fournier
    Hill
    Davis
    Cousins

Is top 5 in the West.

Thread Information