Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Chris Paul traded to Rockets

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Rockets traded 7 players, a 1st round pick, and $661,000 in cash for Paul. Pretty much just Gordon and old man Nene on the bench.
    Still have Anderson and Ariza too.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Still have Anderson and Ariza too.
    They both start.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They both start.
    I didn't think you meant the literal bench. I thought you meant the bench the way my wife thinks I keep my lady "friends" on the bench.

PLZ DARYL MOREY CALL DELL & TELL HIM THE TIME IS NOW
    SWING FOR THE FENCES IT MIGHT GET HARDER TO WIN IN 2
    YEARS FROM NOW
    TIME IS NOW!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Okay so cp need the ball in his hands and harden needs the ball in his hands how does this work?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    To their opponents benefit.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    To their opponents benefit.
    Lol right? I mean I keep hearing all of the analysis saying how it will work but I just don't see it.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

A lot of you guys are bring up the same point I immediately thought today.....

about Houston having two players who need the ball to maximize their talents... theoretically that is a weakness for them but c'mon....

Harden was beyond good B4 this past year. not only can he play off the ball.... he can excel doing so..

Paul has one of the best bball IQ's freaggin ever...... and gets injured and misses games...... and is getting older; hence, can benefit from rest

this being said.... Houston disgusts me. Nevertheless, im just hoping that the "small-ball" trend of the last few years is just that......

a trend; and hope to hell that having the BEST 4 and 5 in the league still means something like the previous 70+ damn years

I'm not worried about the Rockets too much cause someone didn't clue them on the fact that 'small-ball' works for the Warriors cause they're a great defensive team regardless of their size.

(although..I cant lie... I did dig Ariza's game and have missed him since he left.... have we had a SF since then?)

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post

about Houston having two players who need the ball to maximize their talents... theoretically that is a weakness for them but c'mon....

Harden was beyond good B4 this past year. not only can he play off the ball.... he can excel doing so..

Paul has one of the best bball IQ's freaggin ever...... and gets injured and misses games...... and is getting older; hence, can benefit from rest

this being said.... Houston disgusts me. Nevertheless, im just hoping that the "small-ball" trend of the last few years is just that......

a trend; and hope to hell that having the BEST 4 and 5 in the league still means something like the previous 70+ damn years

I'm not worried about the Rockets too much cause someone didn't clue them on the fact that 'small-ball' works for the Warriors cause they're a great defensive team regardless of their size.

(although..I cant lie... I did dig Ariza's game and have missed him since he left.... have we had a SF since then?)
    Fairly or unfairly ever move when vet superstars and star players are moved it will be compared to the GS Warriors. So while I think Paul/Harden duo has success when I compare it to GS it doesn't make enougj impact to think if both teams are healthy they even stand a chance. Even if they add PG13(which they probably don't have the assets to trade).

Austin Rivers is a cancer wherever he goes. And getting paid millions for it thanks to his dad. Loser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Austin Rivers is a cancer wherever he goes. And getting paid millions for it thanks to his dad. Loser.

yeah and he actually caused the whole team to fall apart. I don't blame CP3 for wanting to leave this team where the father is favorizing his son..

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post

I also think that unfortunately they might play well together. If they land a superstar like PG13 they might be a serious threat to the warriors

remember when we were playng them and he chose to foul aminu instead of austin and everyone was confused bc he was our worse ft shooter lol

Hot Take: Doc River is a middle of the pack coach.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Hot Take: Doc River is a middle of the pack coach.
    Sounds like our next head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Sounds like our next head coach.
    Man, don't we have the luck. Byronn Scott was never a good coach, he just had a couple of amazing teams in New Jersey led by Jason Kidd, and he parlayed that into a decade and change of coaching.
    Jefff Bower was more walrus than coach.
    Monty was fine but he was middle of the road.
    Gentry is what he is, and that isn't a winner.

If we keep coming up short like this...ah who are we kidding, we will come up short again.

IMO this was such a dumb move by the Rockets. Why acquire someone to be your second best player when he plays the same position of your best player. We didn't do that cause Boogie is a center and AD is not. Both Harden and Paul need the ball in their hands to be effective. IMO CP3 doesn't really fit in Dantoni's system either. Paul essentially is his own system lol. He can run, but he's more of your traditional make things happen point guard. They move James Harden to point guard and he has his best season as a pro. So then you turn around acquire CP3 and move him back to shooting guard. He may look like a 2 guard, but he showed last year that he is more effective at the 1. This has to be one of the more dumber trades I've seen. It may look good on paper, but you pretty much just took the ball out of your most effective players hands. Head scratcher to say the least...

Harden needed help. He was asked to carry the load far too much last season. CP3 will make Harden even more efficient. It's not like neither of them need the ball all the team. Both are good enough shooters to play off each other. This makes the Rockets a much better team in the regular season for sure. Just imagine how many open shots their shooters will get.

Harden needed help. He was asked to carry the load far too much last season. CP3 will make Harden even more efficient. It's not like neither of them need the ball all the team. Both are good enough shooters to play off each other. This makes the Rockets a much better team in the regular season for sure. Just imagine how many open shots their shooters will get.

I don't think anyone is saying Harden is superman and he can do what LeBron has done in his career with average players. However they need a wing player more than another ball dominated guard. PG isn't the player Paul is but IMO a team with George and Harden is better than a team with Paul and Harden fit does matter a lot in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying Harden is superman and he can do what LeBron has done in his career with average players. However they need a wing player more than another ball dominated guard. PG isn't the player Paul is but IMO a team with George and Harden is better than a team with Paul and Harden fit does matter a lot in basketball.
    Fit is overrated. Lebron and Wade were similar players but got it done because that's what great players do. CP3 will make Harden a better more efficient player in the regular season by taking the load off. However I don't think it will help as much in the playoffs. But neither would Paul George. He's basically a high volume scorer at this point who's defense hasn't been the same since his injury.

Fit is overrated. Lebron and Wade were similar players but got it done because that's what great players do. CP3 will make Harden a better more efficient player in the regular season by taking the load off. However I don't think it will help as much in the playoffs. But neither would Paul George. He's basically a high volume scorer at this point who's defense hasn't been the same since his injury.

LeBron and Wade was superior to Paul and Harden, plus they had Bosh. With that said James and Wade are a better fit. Wade was one of the games best slasher/ mid range player and James was a generational passer and added a strong post game while in MIA. With that it still took a min before they meshed. At 1st it was ok your turn now my turn. After awhile they started to feed off of each other. Houston basically has one year before Paul's an FA again.

Thread Information