Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Summer League {merged}

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Cousins recruiting DeRozan.

What kinda dumb shot was that?

Cook literally threw the game away.

Oh well. Diallo looks good. All I really care about.

Threw the game, but can't complain really. Diallo, Cook and Jones had nice games. Young scored a bit but didn't really impress. Toronto probably not going to lose a game in Summer League their squad is pretty good.

Jok probably doesn't make it camp. But I expected slightly better b

Diallo still has a lot of work to do(rebounding positioning, defense, offensive IQ). But you can definitely see a realistic situation where what he does do, he can look really well in a 10-12 minute role off the bench this season.

Should definitely turn into a pretty solid positive asset come the Allstar Break. his development trajectory fits a lot of what the league is looking for in big men.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    You think they actually let him play enough games to earn it?

Seems we would be risking a lot to let a proven guy(relatively speaking) we have plans for to go the whole marathon.
    Probably right about that.. looks like that may be the main reason he didn't play tonight. Looks like Diallo will have a good shot at the SL MVP. Diallo completely changes the trade market giving us a very valuable asset with serious talent at a premier position. When packaged with a couple 1st round picks and fillers can land us a star. For now I couldn't be happier we have a young big with his talent developing under 2 super star bigs. Not a better place he could be in the NBA then here right now.

The Franchise
    When cooks, diallo and axle were on the court we seemed to flow better. When those 3 pushed a little too hard they didn't do well. They need to learn to get what the defense gives you. Rebounding continues to be a problem. I'd like to see rebounds and hustle plays going forward.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Diallo looked like an NBA player out there and that's all I was hoping to see.

Cook showed that range and if he's in the rotation starting the year it probably won't be great. But, I doubt he's worse than Frazier tbh.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Diallo looked like an NBA player out there and that's all I was hoping to see.

Cook showed that range and if he's in the rotation starting the year it probably won't be great. But, I doubt he's worse than Frazier tbh.
    Diallo had a few games last season that really left me impressed, and they were against teams with legit big men. I wish that he was used more, but oh well, this year will be his time.

I know that he is 6'9 and can jump out of a gym, but man, it seems like if a pf is 6'9 he is undersized.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Diallo had a few games last season that really left me impressed, and they were against teams with legit big men. I wish that he was used more, but oh well, this year will be his time.

I know that he is 6'9 and can jump out of a gym, but man, it seems like if a pf is 6'9 he is undersized.
    I know you were on the Diallo bandwagon from day one. Looks like he's turning into exactly what you predicted and more.

He's 6'9" but he's got a 7'4" wingspan and like AD, he could still grow another inch or two. He's not going to have much problem in terms of length.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I know you were on the Diallo bandwagon from day one. Looks like he's turning into exactly what you predicted and more.
    I don't care about the recognition, I just want him to be used properly. Not only can he make a great trade asset, but he can become a good player for us, and we haven't exactly had good talent manning the backup 4 spot. DC has been fine, but Diallo can eclipse him in terms of talent this year.

Give Jok, Toupane and others a shot.
    Jok played only 5 minutes.

Two guys may get two way contracts. To develop.

Hield was not good last year in SL. Diallo too...

I dunno what it is, but when I watch Diallo I feel he's a little bit slow( compared to a Capella), and doesn't have the quickest movements or reactions, particularly on ball defence. Maybe because he's still kinda wiry looking it gives that illusion, but I feel he looks a little slower than Capella.

I hope i'm wrong, and maybe he'll get even more explosive after he grows into his body. Maybe summer league is too easy for him now and he's just cruising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

I watched the game and Diallo was awesome. His was very effective offensively. Cook can make shots but I have come concerns regarding his ball handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    I dunno what it is, but when I watch Diallo I feel he's a little bit slow( compared to a Capella), and doesn't have the quickest movements or reactions, particularly on ball defence. Maybe because he's still kinda wiry looking it gives that illusion, but I feel he looks a little slower than Capella.

I hope i'm wrong, and maybe he'll get even more explosive after he grows into his body. Maybe summer league is too easy for him now and he's just cruising.
    Nah that's just the illusion because his arms are so long. One of Diallo's assets is his ability to run.

His defense is because he is still an extremely raw player. It's due to his athleticism that he is so good right now. Keep in mind he played soccer until he was around 14 and that's when he started playing basketball due to his size. He's only played the game about 6 years.

He is going to be all hustle stats the next couple years as he adds size and learns how to defend. You can take shots all day to improve your offensive skills but defense is really learned going against guys.

Do not sleep on Mr. James Young. Hopefully he starts playing like a man now that playing in Europe or the d league is knocking on his door.
    He's balled out in the d league. Statsheet looks good except fg%.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Do not sleep on Mr. James Young. Hopefully he starts playing like a man now that playing in Europe or the d league is knocking on his door.
    He's balled out in the d league. Statsheet looks good except fg%.
    Young is not Luke Kennard

He'll be lucky to make the team

He has a fighter's chance. 2nd team all sec as a frosh.
    17th pick. Solid 3pt stroke. He just needs to man up defensively and his career will rebound. Being released by the Celts may be the lesson he needed. He couldn't have picked a better team to play for. He has a good shot to make the roster

In other news, wow. Jayson Tatum is doing some impressive things out there.

Indeed. The young man has a bright future ahead of him.

It's not fair they got both him and Semi.

I didn't get to watch the game the other night.. can someone tell me how we used Diallo? Did we try to make it a point to feed him the ball? Did we give it to him in the post at all and let him go to work? I would think Dell and Gentry wanna get him some legit work not only for his contribution to the team but show casing what he can do to other teams. He has 18 shots so it looks like he was fed on the stat sheet.

I'm a Duke fan and Tatum is an absolute stud. Kid has the ability to be a Carmelo type of scorer but someone who isn't a ball stopper. Has great strength and size being a perfect 3 that can play small ball 4. Reminds me a little of Rudy Gay as well with more potential.

Thread Information