Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Summer League {merged}

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jordan Crawford isn't playing. That's someone else.

There's Curry/Durant, LeBron/Kyrie, Westbrook/George, Towns/Butler, etc. but none of those duos are at the level of Cook/Diallo

Diallo's stroke is pure.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Man, it's hella refreshing to watch Diallo. He's so natural at what he does. I'm very impressed.

Really liking what Quinn Cook brings to the table too.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Man, it's hella refreshing to watch Diallo. He's so natural at what he does. I'm very impressed.

Really liking what Quinn Cook brings to the table too.
    Can't wait to see what Frank Jackson can do with them in the 2nd unit.

How many of yall "Dell haters" gone give him his props on Diallo and Quinn Cook??? Oh I guess they put themselves on the roster...

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Diallo's stroke is pure.
    He's looking like a nice 1st big off the bench. He's looks like McDyess off the bench with Detroit.

Basketball Guru
    man, if diallo get the chance to do this in a real game,,he will be traded to make our roster better....

Quote Originally Posted by AIP504 View Post
    How many of yall "Dell haters" gone give him his props on Diallo and Quinn Cook??? Oh I guess they put themselves on the roster...
    Well I will say Dell does a nice job with second round picks. He doesn't do many things well but that is one of them. Diallo looks like a good big off the bench and Quinn Cook looks like the 3rd PG.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Diallo and Cook look very nice. Other than that, I haven't seen much from others.

Let's hope these 2 guys are ready, as we'll have to cut costs this offseason unless Dell can unload Asik/Pondexter/Ajinca (Our big 3; dead salary wise).

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Well I will say Dell does a nice job with second round picks. He doesn't do many things well but that is one of them. Diallo looks like a good big off the bench and Quinn Cook looks like the 3rd PG.
    Question is:

Who will be our 2nd PG?
    Cause I think it's Cook, with Jackson as the 3rd.

Toupane is physically really impressive. Great SF/PF type, ala Cunningham. But yea, putting himself in bad situations trying to beat his man 1on1 and just doesnt have the moves.

Pels Summer League {merged}

Btw those who want to watch it can stream it for free through the ESPN app.

I was searching all over before finding the stream out. It's good Hd quality too.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Question is:

Who will be our 2nd PG?
    Cause I think it's Cook, with Jackson as the 3rd.
    Cook looks ok in this setting, not sure about NBA level. Jackson will give him a run for his money. I think when Gentry was talking about watching for guys who can 'guard their position' I think he was somewhat talking about his concerns with Cook.

Diallo getting doubled lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Boy, Cousins brother sure isn't like him. Lol.

It's like he has all the bad qualities of Boogie and none of the good ones.

They interviewed Gentry. Few things stood out:

- Mentioned again he hired Finch because of his ability to mold offenses around big men like Cousins. Confirmed again we will definitely be playing more high/low and running more offense through Cousins.

- Noticed a clear change of inflection in his voice about the need to find some guys that can reliably hit down shots. Said we really need that because Cousins and Davis will command double teams and the way to make defenses pay for that is to have guys that can reliably hit open shots.

Part of me does wonder if Demps might not want to give 31 year old Morrow a call at some point to take a minimum deal to maybe be one role playing cog that can come in and reliably be that guy hitting open shots for 10 minutes or so. Had a rough going in OKC and TOR, but the little burn he got in Chicago at the end of the year he was back at 42% from three.

Hasn't played jok since the first man wth

Jalen Jones reminds me of Joe Johnson a little bit. Wide body and can create space for his own shot.

Jalen Jones has been low key really good.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Hasn't played jok since the first man wth

He looked bad, not even close on his shots.

Diallo' free throw stroke looks so good.

Diallo looks ready to go.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I hope noone is playing a drinking game where you take a shot everytime someone says "Smitty". If so, I'm sorry to hear that you have died 2-3 times during this game.

Thread Information