Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans should sign Michael Beasley

Pelicans Pelicans should sign Michael Beasley

Years ago, after an impressive finals performance and playing a key role in the Miami Heat's championship run, I advocated signing Michael Beasely to be our SF. Everyone here laughed and thought it was a dumb idea. Instead he was signed for cheap by another team and has been a key role player for playoff teams like the Rockets and Bucks over the past years. Our genius front office decided to pay 12 times more money for Solomon Hill who averaged less points, less rebounds while playing 10 more minutes per game than Beasely. Beasely also shot a higher percentage from the field than Hill and shot better from three (Doing this all while making 12 times less). Once again Beasely is a free agent and would be a smart move to pick up as our starting SF. Unfortutely we will be cap strapped, after Dell gives Jrue another horrendous contract probably paying him 25 million a year. This will be on top of the other awful contracts he has given to bums like Hill and Asik. Beasely will end up being one of the few options we have to improve. Signing Beasely is one of the smartest moves this franchise can make. However, we have an idiot as GM so I doubt it will happen.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I missed the "should" and wasn't sure how to feel.

Desperation must be setting in.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Pretty sure this has become a yearly off season thread lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Well it should be. Don't make the playoffs this year and you can kiss Cousins goodbye with AD following him out the door a couple years later.

Welcom back, gam.
    Beas just doesn't play th gam th way it was meant to played. His claim to fam will always b that h could scor as a volum shooter. I think we could vastly improv our offens but I think it should b by players who can bend a defens, I think supercoolbeas is probably at best a secondary scorer off th bench and nothing mor.
    Last edited by Jabberwalker; 06-25-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Who knows, maybe Beasley has had that Gerald Green come unto Jesus moment, and he is ready to be a meaningful player. I would throw money his way. We are going bargain bin shopping anyway, might as well sign as many boom or bust players as possible.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Sure, for the right price. Why not?
    @DanielVeuleman

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Who knows, maybe Beasley has had that Gerald Green come unto Jesus moment, and he is ready to be a meaningful player. I would throw money his way. We are going bargain bin shopping anyway, might as well sign as many boom or bust players as possible.
    Gracias, If crystal ball said Beasley's "Head on straight" then I'd love to give him a shot. Dude is a flat out scorer. Also posseses lost art.- Very good mid-range shooter.
    Last edited by Tinman; 06-25-2017 at 09:30 PM.

He was the #2 pick for a reason. If he finally has his head on straight then he is at worst a top bench guy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I like Beasley. But, I'd want him coming off the bench. Hill needs to start. I still believe Hill will prove he is a starting SF. He can be a legit 3 and D guy. He's young. We've seen him on fire enough to believe he can improve. Our biggest issue is getting guards who will be ideal for the team. We need a pg who has a great 3point shot and who facilitates well. George Hill. Patty Mills. Lowry. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information