Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Woj update on Jrue

Woj update on Jrue

If Holiday, one of the market’s top unrestricted guards and the Pelicans’ primary summer priority, is unable to reach an agreement on a deal to remain with New Orleans, he intends to take meetings elsewhere in the first 48 hours of free agency, league sources said.
    Welcome to be here

Crossing fingers that he takes other meetings.

Well, I hope he does take a meeting with us, and I hope he understands why we aren't going to pay him over $22m, and I hope that if he is upset with that he can find some sand to pound.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Well, I hope he does take a meeting with us, and I hope he understands why we aren't going to pay him over $22m, and I hope that if he is upset with that he can find some sand to pound.
    Exactly! Demps better not buckle and give him 23+! I would say 20 mil and your brother for the MLE. Take it or leave it!

A 25m/yr offer has been out there for a month for him. You're in for a serious heartbreak if you think he's getting 22m.

got a feeling we will overpay and he will not meet with another team..then demps will be dead to me *kevin oleary voice*
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    A 25m/yr offer has been out there for a month for him. You're in for a serious heartbreak if you think he's getting 22m.
    As fans of this team I think we are all well too familiar with heartbreak.

Im scared yall. All signs are pointing to them overpaying and him staying smh
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Man, I'm like whatever. I'm ready for this deal to either get done or we move on from Jrue. My focus is on this upcoming season and seeing what Finch can do with this roster with or without Jrue.

All-Star
    As fans of this team I think we are all well too familiar with heartbreak.
    Just like some fans of this team were scandalized after AD signed his max contract. I think we just have to wait couple of years before judging the deals

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    Just like some fans of this team were scandalized after AD signed his max contract. I think we just have to wait couple of years before judging the deals
    Who had an issue with AD's contract? Giving AD a max contract and giving Jrue a max contract are two completely different things. AD is a generational talent that any team would die to have. Jrue isn't who he was when he started his climb and was derailed by injuries. If you sold the two (with their max contracts) to 32 NBA teams every team would make the move to land AD, the same couldn't be said for Jrue.

Just like some fans of this team were scandalized after AD signed his max contract.
    What are you talking about?

Banned
    We have already seen what 4 years with Jrue Holiday is all about.
    Signing this guy to 5 years 170 million all but burns the future of this club.
    Cousins rolls out next year and we are sitting rock bottom with no asset but Davis.
    Remember this club don't win 45 games and go 2 rounds in the playoffs Cousins is gone. He has no loyalty to the Pelicans. He is all about DC
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 06-29-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    He has no loyalty to the Pelicans. He is all about DC
    You say that, but his whole mantra is "loyalty."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    AD is underpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You say that, but his whole mantra is "loyalty."
    Literally what he always talks about and says lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The best news would be NO news come 12:15 AM on July 1.

Banned
    I think Dell needs to go Big.
    Make a deal for George Hill NOW.
    Dump Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    I think Dell needs to go Big.
    Make a deal for George Hill NOW.
    Dump Holiday
    wrong George. It's Paul George that he needs to go all in for. At that point you resign Jrue and YOLO it for old man Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    AD is underpaid.
    Yup, kinda like how Wall is underpaid in D.C. compared to Beal's contract and eventually Porter's.

Banned
    wrong George. It's Paul George that he needs to go all in for. At that point you resign Jrue and YOLO it for old man Tom.
    We need a Point Guard. Hill would be what we need to open up D.C. and Davis. Solomon Hill would become a scorer off the dribble and Crawford would drop 20 a game easy. Jrue doesn't bring that explosive offense opportunities like Hill
    Personally I can't see the Pelicans winning 45 games with Holiday at the 1 or 2.
    He has a soft game not suited to be a leader. i watched him in Philly and seen him up close for 4 years in the Blender.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 06-29-2017 at 04:14 PM.

The best news would be NO news come 12:15 AM on July 1.
    Well, I think Demps is going to go full Demps and give Jrue 28-30 mil with Justin at the full MLE. According to all the leaks from ppl, I think Dell outbid himself. I don't agree with the decision but previous Dell deals leads me to believe these rumors. I just wonder if they are going to get to start next to Jrue at guard.

Folks we are paying for the sins of the Asik deal. It has made most of us completely paranoid at what a potential Jrue deal will look like. We have to overpay in order to keep our 3rd best player. Let that sink in. No cap flexibility = overpay of 3rd banana.

I'm trying to see the pros to resigning Jrue Holiday.

Resigning him allows us to use our assets (future picks) on something other than a replacement for Jrue. If you have something else lined up for those future #1's, would you be willing to overpay Jrue in order to be able to use those assets to upgrade the roster somewhere else?

This is another way to say he is going to put the Pels over the barrel, and say max me out or I'm walking. My opinion of Demps is low enough to expect him to blink at that.

Thread Information