Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumors and pre-draft talks

Trade rumors and pre-draft talks

Alot of talks going on. LA (lakers) are talking to Indy about Paul George.

Marc Stein‏: League sources tell @RamonaShelburne and me: The Pacers and Lakers have engaged on Paul George trade talks in advance of Thursday’s draft.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That'd be a loss for the Lakers ultimately. George's value was absolutely torpedoed meaning they wouldn't get much from anyone else. Which makes it possible George gets swayed to stay with a team like the Cavs or Celtics by virtue of being good with him. To trade just to ensure they get George at all?

That's our best scenario too. Don't need any teams in the west getting stronger without giving anything up.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Dude I want George right now on this squad. I want to shut up these Lakers and Celtics fans. The Lakers who are just talking trash about how great they'll be. And the Celtics fans who are delusional into thinking they can just wave their picks and take AD from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Dude I want George right now on this squad. I want to shut up these Lakers and Celtics fans. The Lakers who are just talking trash about how great they'll be. And the Celtics fans who are delusional into thinking they can just wave their picks and take AD from us.
    We have no realistic chance of getting PG, Butler or Porzingis on this team this year.

Apparently the rockets are shopping Beverley

Do u think we could get him ? He plays D and can knock down the 3 AND he is on a cheap contract

Quote Originally Posted by French Pelican View Post

Do u think we could get him ? He plays D and can knock down the 3 AND he is on a cheap contract
    I love Beverley, but cannot imagine we have anything they would want (outside of 1st rounders).

I love it how the two biggest market teams Knicks/Lakers are complete dumpster fires, and yet people still say that players want to play for those teams because they are big markets. Man, ain't nobody running off to be a part of either of those teams.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

CP3 is probably going there...that's why they are shopping him.

I honestly don't understand why the Knicks would trade Porzingis. I get he was upset about how last year ended, but he's still on his rookie contract, so the Knicks practically have control over his movement for the foreseeable future. Plus they have all their draft picks back, so they can easily tank and rebuild for the future. It doesn't make sense to me, unless they're just gauging his value.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Beverly- could we steal him for a 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Beverly- could we steal him for a 2nd?
    I wish.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Knicks wanted Booker and #4 for Porzingis. Porzingis seems a bit overrated. NY hype + being a white dude, but mostly just NY hype.
    The Suns would be stupid to trade Booker and #4 for him in a wing/guard driven league. I remember when some people thought he was a better asset than AD. Anything coming off New York is usually exaggerated and over-hyped.

See reports that PG to be traded very soon and Cavs no longer in the mix. I am guessing the Lakers have stepped up.

If I had to guess, PG will be traded to Lakers and Butler will be traded to Celtics. Porzingis will stay in NY.

He would be an amazing addition, but I don't see a package we can put together for him which doesn't constitute an overpay or underpay.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I'd be willing to give up a first for him. He's on an amazing contract for two years, provies a good contingency plan in case Jrue leaves, and can still play next to Jrue if we re-sign him. Now whether the Rockets would want to deal him to a division rival is another question, particularly if other teams offer similar packages.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 06-20-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    See reports that PG to be traded very soon and Cavs no longer in the mix. I am guessing the Lakers have stepped up.
    My guess would be for Russell, Randal and Brewer if it's the Lakers.

Yep

The Rockets have been actively shopping point guard Patrick Beverley ahead of this week’s draft, a source with knowledge of the situation told Sporting News on Tuesday.
    – via Sporting News

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    My guess would be for Russell, Randal and Brewer if it's the Lakers.
    Not thinking Randle. Maybe Clarkson, Brewer, Nance and #28. It would stink if they are able to get PG without parting with Ingram, Randle or Russell.

Not thinking Randle. Maybe Clarkson, Brewer, Nance and #28. It would stink if they are able to get PG without parting with Ingram, Randle or Russell.
    Are we sure the Lakers aren't higher on Nance than Randle?

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Are we sure the Lakers aren't higher on Nance than Randle?
    You think?

It would stink, but the Pacers are still getting more for PG13 than we gave the Kings for Boogie. We were essentially the US Army giving small pox ravaged blankets to the Native Americans. The Lakers are the US Government welcoming Irish immigrants to the US and then shipping them off to fight in the Cival War. At least the Lakers are giving the Pacers a chance.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-20-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Too broke to be an impact?

Basketball Guru
    PG must not be about winning...if he is hell bent on going to the lakers then why would he let them trade for him and give up picks and players that can help make the team better when he get on the team.....PG control this whole trade if he really want to go to the lakers...

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Too broke to be an impact?
    Yeah, he's done.

You think?
    Wouldn't shock me. Nance is a much better defender and is on a cheaper contract with more team control (with the Arenas rule) as a second rounder. And from random podcasts/articles/whispers I've heard, there are apparently a few people in the Lakers camp who aren't high on Randle (no mention of Nance though).

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    PG must not be about winning...if he is hell bent on going to the lakers then why would he let them trade for him and give up picks and players that can help make the team better when he get on the team.....PG control this whole trade if he really want to go to the lakers...
    Some people just wanna build their brand. With a mix of wanting to play at his hometown.

Thread Information