Thread: James Young to join Pels

James Young to join Pels

Anyone have good info on him?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Trash, do not want.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    21 year old lefty who didn't get much PT in Boston. He has enough talent to take a look at and see how he fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Trash, do not want.
    Huh? I thought this guy was pretty good his rookie year but got buried in the depth chart? Maybe i am thinking of another player but i remember this guy at least posterizing people his rookie year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Huh? I thought this guy was pretty good his rookie year but got buried in the depth chart? Maybe i am thinking of another player but i remember this guy at least posterizing people his rookie year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This guy is just a dancing passionless bench warmer with talent but who don't care enough to actually be a respectful player.

I liked him coming out of college. It's worth a shot one a cheap deal.

I really hope someone pans out and becomes a legit NBA starter out of all these outcasts we sign. Preferably 2 or more.

It doesn't hurt to a take a flyer on a guy, when you can get him on a cheap contract, if he doesn't pan out just cut him. Who thought Crawford would turn into the player he has become when the Pels 1st signed him. This signing could turn out to be pretty good, who knows, i say let's wait and see.

He is a Kentucky guy (2014).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Kentucky kid. Lefty, good shooter and extremely athletic.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Maybe he needs a change of scenery. Buddies with AD or Boogie? Minimum contract. See what he's got.

The Franchise
    I think I'd rather take a chance on blakney.

I never have nor will I ever have a problem with these kind of signings. Virtually no risk.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I think I'd rather take a chance on blakney.
    To quote that little kid from I don't remember where, "Why not both?"

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I never have nor will I ever have a problem with these kind of signings. Virtually no risk.
    Worst case scenario he isn't good and gets cut before the season. The investment is very little at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Worst case scenario he isn't good and gets cut before the season. The investment is very little at this point.
    Agreed! I say he's worth a min contract risk. He's a good shooter with length. We can always use that.

Why does anyone care about this guy? He is a complete shot in the dark on a minimum contract. He might not even make the team.

Bring him in, let him go to training camp and see what happens.

The similarities between him and Xavier Henry make me dubious about his ability to play long terme in the NBA. But well if it doesn't hurt the cap situation why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why does anyone care about this guy? He is a complete shot in the dark on a minimum contract. He might not even make the team.

Bring him in, let him go to training camp and see what happens.
    Because there's really nothing else to talk about until the 1st. Besides while you're right he has typical NBA talent and you never know when tje lights can turn on for guys like Young.

Hopefully we are talking about minimum deal and not about RLE /BAE (still dont know if we will be over/under cap -see Jrue).

For a minimum, even fully guaranteed, I am all for it...

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Because there's really nothing else to talk about until the 1st. Besides while you're right he has typical NBA talent and you never know when tje lights can turn on for guys like Young.
    I didn't say not to discuss him. My comment was towards people who seem extremely opposed to him. How anyone can muster any type strong opinion about him right now is beyond me. He's a guy who was buried on a depth chart and got extremely limited minutes.

All-Star
    He can just be a summer league signing can't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    He can just be a summer league signing can't he?
    If he was just a summer league signing I don't think he'd have to wait until the start of free agency to sign.

I'm irrationally excited about this signing. I've liked him since he came out of college and I've always thought he just needed some PT despite any evidence to back that up.

Thread Information