Pelicans Report

Thread: Boogie is about to have a special Year.

Pelicans Boogie is about to have a special Year.

In couple of weeks Boogie will be the most ripped player on the Pelicans roster. Dude is working with a top trainer that runs a 5 week intense workout that get folks crazy ripped. Don't believe me? Look at recent pics of Julious Randle. Dude is crazy ripped. Boogie already losing alot of weight, has a new chef, and is buying into being our Point Center, and wants to do great on a contract year.

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2017/6...-julius-randle
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

If you thought he was strong before dude is going to be like a steel wall now lol its crazy to think having both ad and him running on a fast break lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    If you thought he was strong before dude is going to be like a steel wall now lol its crazy to think having both ad and him running on a fast break lol

Word, yet folks choose to be depressed about players that NOT coming here. Im excited as hell by having the two most gifts in the NBA spending time together and bonding over the summer. ******** is about to be Lit AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Word, yet folks choose to be depressed about players that NOT coming here. Im excited as hell by having the two most gifts in the NBA spending time together and bonding over the summer. ******** is about to be Lit AF.
    Right? I mean I get it we need to surround them but I just can't wait to see that two man game a few times during a game it's exciting

This was literally you yesterday.

We have AD and freaking Boogie, two of the best bigs in this Generation, and yet I feel freaking depressed as a Pelicans fan.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Not under Gentry he won't.

Doesn't matter what kind of shape dude is in in this asinine system our fool of a coach employs where Boogie is used as a decoy SG.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I should probably call this dude Randle and Boogie are working out with; I'm going to the beach soon.

But I hope he's working with them on strength and power, and not just looking good in Los Angeles. I'm a huge boxing fan, and dudes often come in looking like they're in the best shape of their lives but can't go 12 rounds or knockout a fly.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I live for the present lol. Besides this Boogie news is making me hella excited!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I should probably call this dude Randle and Boogie are working out with; I'm going to the beach soon.

But I hope he's working with them on strength and power, and not just looking good in Los Angeles. I'm a huge boxing fan, and dudes often come in looking like they're in the best shape of their lives but can't go 12 rounds or knockout a fly.
    Yeah, same concern. That's always been a concern with Boogie. People, and especially I've noticed it can be true of skinny normal sized people, often times don't realize that mass = power. At least until that mass reaches such a fat stage that they lose mobility and endurance. But there's a reason that interior linemen in football look the way they do. Go get the most incredibly ripped 250lb body builder in the world and have him line up across from one of those giant lard buckets, and see what row of seats he gets planted in. Same thing with power lifters. Power lifters are "fat" by our modern standards. And yet they are vastly stronger than guys who look "ripped" with beach muscles, and could pull those ripped arms off like pulling wings from a fly.

And the point would be that Boogie needs his power. He's a unique mix of power and nimbleness, but you can't go too far either way. If he gets too fat or slow, he becomes guardable by big slow lumbering centers. If he gets too light and nimble at the expense of power, then he becomes guardable by smaller people, and may lose his stoutness as an interior defender/rebounder.

None of those concerns above apply if this guy he is working out with is actually increasing his strength. But if this "guru" is just about shaving fat and leaving you looking good on the beach with the same muscles minus twenty pounds of extra flesh, then he's actually making you weaker in the process, and given how much punishment Boogie absorbs and dishes out every game, that can matter.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Not under Gentry he won't.

Doesn't matter what kind of shape dude is in in this asinine system our fool of a coach employs where Boogie is used as a decoy SG.
    Can't wait for all the optimistic posts this season.

Banned
    DC is in the most important year of his career. He needs to show something to all the league. He will be a FA at years end and the teams looking to seek his services don't want what the Kings received nothing but issues on and off the court. These elite FA know whats on the line. He needs to show he is a team player and can play the game within the rules not always battling the refs game in game out. He could be the next Kevin Durant if he has a breakout year getting all the offers from the top teams looking for his services.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Can't wait for all the optimistic posts this season.
    I mean... during his time here. He lead or was 2nd in 3 point attempts. Just terrible usage, but you have to create space somehow. Clogging the paint with AD and DC isn't going to help us win. We need outside shooters to create space.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I mean... during his time here. He lead or was 2nd in 3 point attempts. Just terrible usage, but you have to create space somehow. Clogging the paint with AD and DC isn't going to help us win. We need outside shooters to create space.
    Yeah, but that was a small sample size right after a big unexpected trade. We barely had time to build a system and had very limited assets. DC also has a pretty nice 3 pt % so it's not the worst thing ever to let him pop off a triple. We now have Finch to help create a system that spaces well and, most of all, time for our guys to gel and get used to sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Denza View Post
    Yeah, but that was a small sample size right after a big unexpected trade. We barely had time to build a system and had very limited assets. DC also has a pretty nice 3 pt % so it's not the worst thing ever to let him pop off a triple. We now have Finch to help create a system that spaces well and, most of all, time for our guys to gel and get used to sets.
    Agreed with everything you said. I hope Boogie has a great season at the point center role. He's perfect for it! He has the size, passing ability, and can shot the 3 very well. Also, it would make Jrue being the starting "point guard" more palatable if he doesn't have to always handle the ball. I hope he and AD build upon the chemistry they had last year along with getting some more shooters around them. We need all the help we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Agreed with everything you said. I hope Boogie has a great season at the point center role. He's perfect for it! He has the size, passing ability, and can shot the 3 very well. Also, it would make Jrue being the starting "point guard" more palatable if he doesn't have to always handle the ball. I hope he and AD build upon the chemistry they had last year along with getting some more shooters around them. We need all the help we can get.
    I think Jrue is going to look really good off the ball. He's a deadly shooter, he makes a great secondary distributor to allow boogie to remain flexible, he finishes very well around the rim, he is big enough to defend multiple positions. Boogie as a distributor is going to be great. Jrue gets to do everything he needs to without relying on his B-tier handles too much.

My prediction is:

Gentry still is a fool and doesn't use Boogie correctly, the team keep losing, Boogie gets fed up, has some outbursts, then bolts in free agency next summer.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Unless he literally tells Cousins to never set foot inside the 3pt line, I don't see that happening.

All-Star
    Gentry has not had much success as a HC but he has basketball smarts and I believe he, Fitch, and the rest of the staff will design an offense that makes good use of DC and AD.

1) Contract year
    2) Entire offseason and training camp with the team
    3) System is designed for him to shine
    4) he is getting in shape
    5) BLM (Boogie lives matter)

If he doesn't have an epic year he won't get paid what he could max out at. Also, if he doesn't have an epic season, we are 1 and done as an 8th seed.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pelicans

WoW this could lead to an even more dominant Cousins. Carrying less weight and bad weight at that while adding muscle and strength is going to be huge for him. Boogie wears down in games because he is not in the best shape he could be in. If he looks anywhere near the transformation you see in Randle then we could have a serious weapon with AD getting up and down the court. A Boogie who has more quickness, strength, stamina, and a higher vertical could be downright dangerous. Improvements in those areas will make him almost unguardable and a guy next to him like AD should make teams scared. IMO just having everyone coming back healthy and continuing to improve on their games while actually having time to get the right system installed should put us at a 50+ win season. Can't wait to see AD and Boogie next year with a system installed by our new assistant coach Fitch. Go Pels!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    WoW this could lead to an even more dominant Cousins. Carrying less weight and bad weight at that while adding muscle and strength is going to be huge for him. Boogie wears down in games because he is not in the best shape he could be in. If he looks anywhere near the transformation you see in Randle then we could have a serious weapon with AD getting up and down the court. A Boogie who has more quickness, strength, stamina, and a higher vertical could be downright dangerous. Improvements in those areas will make him almost unguardable and a guy next to him like AD should make teams scared. IMO just having everyone coming back healthy and continuing to improve on their games while actually having time to get the right system installed should put us at a 50+ win season. Can't wait to see AD and Boogie next year with a system installed by our new assistant coach Fitch. Go Pels!!
    He's alive

Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Holy ********! The GOAT is back. We been needing some P.o.P man welcome back! It's lit!

Man I been missing that positive optimistic energy on this forum. Right before free agency too? This made my day.

LoL I love you guys!! Forgot how much I was missing this site!!

Thread Information