Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back CP3

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Bring back CP3

Paul isn't returning to the CLIPPERS.

Rumor is SAS and ROCKETS are trying to sign him.

Can we bring Paul back? What would it take to get him to sign with us over other teams?

First off, we have to try to get Paul. This is our only chance. There's no doubt Demps has entertained this possibility. We may not have a good chance but I still think it's possible. If we got Paul we'd be contenders instantly. There is no better FA out there for our team and we know it.

We would have to move contracts to make space for Paul. Demps pulled off the Cousins trade. I give him a chance to pull this off. Put CP3 with AD. Imagine that? Cousins, AD, CP3. It's gonna happen. I'm psychic. Laugh now, thank me later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a better chance of marrying Miranda Kerr than there is of CP signing here.

Why would we not have a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Why would we not have a chance?

Same reason he left in the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    We have superstars now. It's different now. He's never played with anyone as good as AD or Cousins.

Its fun to dream I guess.

Not happening.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I've never once seen any inclination he's like to return. Added to the fact that SA is one of the other options make this at 0% chance of happening.

Banned
    Why would he come to a team with barely 60 wins in 2 years.
    Potential? Cousins is a career loser along with Alvin Gentry.
    He wants a shot at a ring in the West.
    Spurs and Rockets offer him that chance with a stable franchise.

Yeah spurs cleared cap for a guy like him and i don't see any reason why he would choose us over them.

What if we can resign Jrue as well. I would think AD, Cousins and Jrue are more deadly than Kawhi, Aldridge and whoever. CP doesn't care about endorsements anymore he wants rings, he's made all the connections in the world in LA already. Plus all those guys hang out in LA in the summer networking anyway, that's why Westbrook has so many endorsements playing in OKC. I think we have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Completely different team, management and ownership. The people that upset him and West by trading Chandler are gone. Also, it appears he has gotten the LA lifestyle and glamour out of his system.

Banned
    Cousins Jrue and Davis ??
    Are you serious trying to compare that to the Spurs?
    All three are Losers for the last 4 years in the NBA.
    These Elite players are not going to sign based on dreams and potential
    Plus add in the factor we have the career loser Head Coach Alvin Gentry
    The Pelicans need to rebuild hoping to win 35+ plus games next season.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 06-23-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    Yeah spurs cleared cap for a guy like him and i don't see any reason why he would choose us over them.
    I think Houston has a shot at him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    You have a better chance of marrying Miranda Kerr than there is of CP signing here.

Speculation is spurs are trying to get rid of aldridge. He unfollowed the spurs apparently for whatever that is worth. Was reported to be angry at how he was used, not primary focus of offense? http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...-not-be-happy/
    They re also trying to trade green. They are likely working the cap to fit CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Cousins Jrue and Davis ??
    Are you serious trying to compare that to the Spurs?
    All three are Losers for the last 4 years in the NBA.
    These Elite players are not going to sign based on dreams and potential
    Plus add in the factor we have the career loser Head Coach Alvin Gentry
    The Pelicans need to rebuild hoping to win 35+ plus games next season.
    Davis wasn't a loser in 2015, he has 2 gold medals and led his team to a NCAA title as a freshman. Cousins has been on bad NBA teams but I believe he has 2 gold medals. Just because these guys have been on bad teams doesn't mean they are losers or don't know how to win. They are the 2 most talented big men in the league, thats not a dream or a hope.

Edit: I just think it's appealing to Paul to have 2 players who can put up 30pts each easily without his assistance. Plus having Jrues defense, off ball play and he's a secondary ball handler. Talent wins and that's a lot of talent.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 06-23-2017 at 11:38 PM.

I said this months ago when we acquired Boogie, and I'll say it again. We're not an attractive free agent destination right now. Are we more attractive than we were a year ago? Sure. But stars aren't looking to join a team with potential. They are looking to join the real thing, a proven commodity. We haven't won a playoff game since the Chris Paul era. Sure a star can look at our team and say I can take this team from Point A to Point B. But why go through all that when you can just join a team thats already at point B looking to hit Point C? Before we can attract stars, we need to prove we're worth considering. And that comes from winning games. This rings true NOW more than ever with the looming dynasty that is GS. The standard of what constitutes a good team has shifted drastically. And championships have never meant more to how the media and the players interpret their own legacies.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 06-24-2017 at 12:41 AM.

Kevin Durant joins a 72 win team and now all of sudden that's the expectation of all superstars now. Are Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins not proven top 10 players in this league? They've played maybe 30 games together, it's not like they've been together for the last 4 years and have been taking L's. If I'm trying to match up with Golden State I would have to look at these twin towers. Let's not forget that Anthony Davis is a generational player and if his team were in the playoffs would be in the conversations for best player.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Kevin Durant joins a 72 win team and now all of sudden that's the expectation of all superstars now. Are Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins not proven top 10 players in this league? They've played maybe 30 games together, it's not like they've been together for the last 4 years and have been taking L's. If I'm trying to match up with Golden State I would have to look at these twin towers. Let's not forget that Anthony Davis is a generational player and if his team were in the playoffs would be in the conversations for best player.
    I'm going to ignore your first sentence because it's hyperbole.

I don't care how many games they've played together. The results were underwhelming. Do I expect them to be better with more playing time and familiarity? Sure. But that doesn't negate the fact that again there is no established record of winning basketball. That doesn't even take into account the fact that Boogie and AD apart, on their separate teams, have been perennial losers. I've won as many playoff games as they both have throughout the entirety of their careers...so again no established record of winning basketball.

And is it just me or is there a disconnect between calling AD a generational player and then saying "if only his teams were in the playoffs."

The point is you're trying to skip steps. To attract stars, you need to be respected. To be respected, you have to accomplish something. I mean anything. And none of our core players, Jrue included, can say they've accomplished anything meaningful on a team level.

A team like San Antonio on the other hand, you know the one that Paul might actually bolt to? They've got accolades on accolades. You know what that comes from? Sustained success. And to sustain success, you have to taste it in the first place. We haven't done that yet. And until we do, we're a middle tier free agent destination. That's not pessimism, it's realism.

Lastly, I get the appeal in zigging while they zag. We can't beat GS at their own game. Makes sense. But that doesn't mean going big is going to make us any better off than adapting to the small ball movement. It's an ongoing experiment...which means, again, no established record of winning basketball. Notice the theme? If we can show it works, the interest will come. Until then, we're just an enigma with an established record of losing basketball.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 06-24-2017 at 02:16 AM.

We have AD and freaking Boogie, two of the best bigs in this Generation, and yet I feel freaking depressed as a Pelicans fan. The season needs to start already so we can prove to league and to ourselves that we are winners. I'm tired of this dumb career losers argument.

People need to keep in mind that getting Boogie was NEVER supposed to happen and we paired this talented Big with a generational talent that's about to enter his prime soon.

So I'll sum it up, NO STAR WANTS TO COME TO NOLA UNLESS WE START WINNING. So forget them all. They are like hot chicks who know their is a smart guy who is about graduate in ivy and become freaking wealthy, but they choose to date the already slightly rich guy...why? Because NO ONE WANTS TO WAIT FOR POTENTIAL. They want the baller, not the "exciting prospect".

So forget Paul, forget George, forget Butler, Forget etc. And just focus on Boogie and the Brow and hope we freaking destroy this damn league and do it our way. I promise you they will be begging us to get traded here. Until then please stop making these pointless threads.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

dejavu

Banned
    Sliverfox agreed but with these 2 guys AD and DC they need help.
    We need a Point Guard that can breakdown the defense with a skill set to activate the forces of the Big Men.
    As of today we dont have this player on our roster.
    Lets hope July 7 2017 we will buy this player.
    I am okay with Hill at the 3.
    I feel we are solid with Crawford and Moore at the 2. They both have off the dribble quickness and can stroke the jumper.
    We just need a PG. I feel we need to move forward from Holiday. He does not fit the mold of either the 1 or 2 that is needed to be effective.
    Now the bench role players that is a whole story in its self.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 06-24-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Sliverfox agreed but with these 2 guys AD and DC they need help.
    We need a Point Guard that can breakdown the defense with a skill set to activate the forces of the Big Men.
    As of today we dont have this player on our roster.
    Lets hope July 7 2017 we will buy this player.
    I am okay with Hill at the 3.
    I feel we are solid with Crawford and Moore at the 2. They both have off the dribble quickness and can stroke the jumper.
    We just need a PG. I feel we need to move forward from Holiday. He does not fit the mold of either the 1 or 2 that is needed to be effective.
    Now the bench role players that is a whole story in its self.
    no trolling in that post? is everything ok?

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I'm going to ignore your first sentence because it's hyperbole.

I don't care how many games they've played together. The results were underwhelming. Do I expect them to be better with more playing time and familiarity? Sure. But that doesn't negate the fact that again there is no established record of winning basketball. That doesn't even take into account the fact that Boogie and AD apart, on their separate teams, have been perennial losers. I've won as many playoff games as they both have throughout the entirety of their careers...so again no established record of winning basketball.

And is it just me or is there a disconnect between calling AD a generational player and then saying "if only his teams were in the playoffs."

The point is you're trying to skip steps. To attract stars, you need to be respected. To be respected, you have to accomplish something. I mean anything. And none of our core players, Jrue included, can say they've accomplished anything meaningful on a team level.

A team like San Antonio on the other hand, you know the one that Paul might actually bolt to? They've got accolades on accolades. You know what that comes from? Sustained success. And to sustain success, you have to taste it in the first place. We haven't done that yet. And until we do, we're a middle tier free agent destination. That's not pessimism, it's realism.

Lastly, I get the appeal in zigging while they zag. We can't beat GS at their own game. Makes sense. But that doesn't mean going big is going to make us any better off than adapting to the small ball movement. It's an ongoing experiment...which means, again, no established record of winning basketball. Notice the theme? If we can show it works, the interest will come. Until then, we're just an enigma with an established record of losing basketball.
    I don't understand why this is such a difficult reality to grasp. Far too many people are giving credit for something that simply hasn't happened. Just saying we have Davis and Cousins when neither has individual success or as a team is ignoring the way this league works.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 06-24-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Thread Information