Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P: Aaron Afflalo released by Kings

NBA N/P: Aaron Afflalo released by Kings

Just a FYI
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

That would be a good pickup for a decent contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    That would be a good pickup for a decent contract.
    No it wouldn't. He's garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Wow now THAT was some amazing insight to a player. My god I don't think I've ever heard a more informative opinion. Thanks

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...afflaar01.html

Afflalo is a vet we could definitely use. 38% career 3pt shooter, perhaps slightly undersized for SF but that would be his role here with us. If we could sign him cheap I wouldn't be upset. Not thrilled, just not upset.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...leasing_guard/

Opinions on Afflalo. One certain Knicks fan on there should tell you all you need to know

He has really looked done the last couple of years. And sluggish done too. Low energy.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    This post is garbage.

He was garbage for NY and then garbage for Sac last season. He's a shell of his former self and brings locker room problems with him.

He was garbage for NY and then garbage for Sac last season. He's a shell of his former self and brings locker room problems with him.
    What locker room issues?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Locker room problems??? and who cares if he's a shell of his former self he shot 41% from 3 last season and would instantly start here. Not to mention he should be a relatively cheaper FA option.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Locker room problems??? and who cares if he's a shell of his former self he shot 41% from 3 last season and would instantly start here. Not to mention he should be a relatively cheaper FA option.
    Read through what I posted above

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    I get the concern and using the thoughts of fans as a gauge is sensible...

But come on. Fans have a tendency to over-exaggerate, be misinformed, and just plain have group think. Afflalo was considered a consummate veteran until he went to the Knicks and the Kings.

Suddenly he's a guy someone posts some over the top, copypasta rant? Not saying we should scoop him. But there's likely more going on than we're aware of.

Thanks but OK? Doesn't really change anything, we had people on here who thought AD wasn't a good pick and Rivers was going to be a star......

Thanks but OK? Doesn't really change anything, we had people on here who thought AD wasn't a good pick and Rivers was going to be a star......
    to each their own but for me, after reading that i want no part of afflalo. i personally think he has been pretty bad for the last 3 years or so and those knicks/kings fans back that up

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I get the concern and using the thoughts of fans as a gauge is sensible...

But come on. Fans have a tendency to over-exaggerate, be misinformed, and just plain have group think. Afflalo was considered a consummate veteran until he went to the Knicks and the Kings.

Suddenly he's a guy someone posts some over the top, copypasta rant? Not saying we should scoop him. But there's likely more going on than we're aware of.
    The copypasta post was just funny to me, but there wasnt a single positive thing said about him on there. I do agree that 3-4 years ago i would have been ecstatic if we had Afflalo but i just dont think hes as good as some people think he is anymore

to each their own but for me, after reading that i want no part of afflalo. i personally think he has been pretty bad for the last 3 years or so and those knicks/kings fans back that up
    As long as it's a low risk high reward type of situation I don't see the big deal. But if it's another Solomon Hill type deal then ah ah.

As long as it's a low risk high reward type of situation I don't see the big deal. But if it's another Solomon Hill type deal then ah ah.
    well yeah of course. If he was signed for 2 yrs 13 mil total then im cool with it. just not some contract that limits future flexibility for a player that is getting older

well yeah of course. If he was signed for 2 yrs 13 mil total then im cool with it. just not some contract that limits future flexibility for a player that is getting older
    No i'm not about that at all, that's why I really don't want to sign Jrue for 20+mil tbh.

Thread Information