Pelicans Report

Thread: Eric Bledsoe

Eric Bledsoe

I'm sure you've all seen it already. My question is.....should we attempt to trade for Bledsoe? If so, what do we give up in exchange?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    I'm sure you've all seen it already. My question is.....should we attempt to trade for Bledsoe? If so, what do we give up in exchange?
    2018 lottery protected, Asik and #52? I doubt it gets it done but that would be my offer. Hes injury prone but on a good contract for a 20ppg guy who defends.

so esentially you are giving up 52 for him, cause 1st round pick goes for salary dump purposes?
    they will ask for two first rounders in that case

fair deal is Moore, Ajinca, 2018 pick for Bledsoe
    I won't do it, but looks fine for both sides

Two firsts for Bledsoe? Eh.......

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    2018 lottery protected, Asik and #52? I doubt it gets it done but that would be my offer. Hes injury prone but on a good contract for a 20ppg guy who defends.
    If it got Asik off the books I would love it. We would probably have to take someone else too.

Dumping Asik means at least 1 first rounder.
    Unless you will take Chandler.

But don't see a package.
    Bledsoe has upside and is on good contract.
    And with injury issues...

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Eric Bledsoe

I think it starts by taking a negative asset from PHX. Enter Brandon Knight. Then offer the 2018 pick with limited protection. Then pounce on Bledsoe. Asik, Moore, and QPon works almost perfectly and the numbers alone would be enough to get the Suns attention. The only real hang up would be the picks, so that Suns can have something shiny to sell to their fans. I'd give up a 1st with limited protection I'd say lottery, but would be willing to do top 3.

Sample trade: Asik, Moore, QPon 2018 1st (top 3), 2017 2nd pick #52 for Bledsoe and Knight. Suns save 30 million over the life of the contracts (including 6 million in year one) and get a first and second rd pick for their trouble. Pelicans move Asik, get a legit starting PG and a capable if overpaid backup PG all for 72 million total. When you factor what the Pels gave up, the real cost is only about 30 million. Wouldn't you rather do that then pay Jrue 120 some odd million? But wait, it's gets better because that's only step one.

Step two is the real doozy and totally possible. This is where the public praise of Jrue will earn us brownie points. We work with Jrue to find a team that is totally interested in his services yet completely unable to acquire him and also happens to be a situation that Jrue would consider. Enter the Cleveland Cavaliers. Yes the Cavs. The Cavs need lots of help to overtake the Warriors and a two way PG that can play off the ball and knock down a few jumpers would be the perfect appetizer to their eventual trade of Kevin Love. We sign and trade Jrue to Cleveland for Iman Shumpert and whowever else they are willing to give up out of Frye or Smith, most likely Frye since JR is more two way than Shumpert and having JR and DMC is probably to risky. It doesn't matter Frye is a pros pro. He's also an expiring. Shumpert expires in the magical unicorn summer of 2019. It works great.

If the Pels do all of this, they only take on an additional salary commitment of about ~70-80 million for (~110 million, less what they sent out in the PHX trade) FOUR players (Bledsoe, Knight, Shumpert, and Frye) far less than what they would have spent on Jrue.

Bledsoe/Knight/Cook
    Shumpert/Crawford
    Hill
    Davis/Cunningham/Diallo
    Cousins/Ajinca/Frye

Still a massive hole of shooting on the wing. You can address that by throwing the full MLE at Joe Ingles, CJ Miles or Ian Clark. Or you can try to split it amongst guys like Korver, Bogdanovic, Rush, etc. Personally, I'd go after Ian Clark and see if the 26 year old has few other elements to his game and hope that maybe he has another jump in him. I'd round out the roster with a multi year minimum type guarantee for a player like Jodie Meeks and then find the best wing prospect I can at 40 in the 2nd round.

Bledsoe/Knight/Cook
    Clark/Crawford/Meeks
    Hill/Shumpert/Josh Hart
    Davis/Cunningham/Diallo
    Cousins/Ajinca/Frye

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DefensiveMind; 06-22-2017 at 05:40 AM.

All-Star
    i see

Asik + 2018 1st rd pick (with no protection, is the price to unload Asik)
    X
    Eric Bledsoe + pick 54

I'm for Bledsoe!

i'd like him or knight, even more if Jrue is back. could be a fun backcourt tandem

Knights not that good and has missed just as many games as jrue over the last 4 years. Not to mention jrue played about 15 more games than him last season despite the situation with his wife. I'd rather Collison if jrue bolts.

I've advocated for Knight in the past. I think he has a use but it's basically as a Lou Williams type. I feel like you'd have to play Iversonish around him, putting the ball in his hands and letting him play primarily iso and hope the other guys' defense makes up for the games when he goes cold. Basically any other role and I don't see him as working out at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

My biggest concern with Bledsoe is health. Outside of that I'd love to have him over Holiday. The problem is what is what do we have of worth that can secure him. I thought we didn't have assets before the Cousins trade we really are out of them now.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    My biggest concern with Bledsoe is health. Outside of that I'd love to have him over Holiday. The problem is what is what do we have of worth that can secure him. I thought we didn't have assets before the Cousins trade we really are out of them now.

Find a way to get Bledsoe and Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Forenzik View Post
    Find a way to get Bledsoe and Warren.
    I forgot all about Warren. GET ON THE PHONE DEMPS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    I forgot all about Warren. GET ON THE PHONE DEMPS!!!!!
    They just drafted Jackson and need to build that young nucleus of Ulis, Booker, Jackson, Chriss, and Bender with proven veterans. No reason for them to hold on to Warren and Bledsoe anymore. I'd trade future picks and whoever else on roster not AD/Boogie to them if they can find a way to package them two to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I've advocated for Knight in the past. I think he has a use but it's basically as a Lou Williams type. I feel like you'd have to play Iversonish around him, putting the ball in his hands and letting him play primarily iso and hope the other guys' defense makes up for the games when he goes cold. Basically any other role and I don't see him as working out at all.
    Then why not just sign Tyreke to play PG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Then why not just sign Tyreke to play PG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because taking on Knight was your only real shot at Bledsoe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information