Pelicans Report

Thread: Losing Jrue

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Losing Jrue

I'm really concerned that we will lose Jrue and not upgrade. I think it's very possible Jrue leaves and we have an unsuccessful FA and we don't make any significant moves.

Does anyone worry about this? There are only rumors of Jrue leaving. No rumors of the pels acquiring good players. I hope Demps is working on something big.

I will be disappointed if we lose Holiday unless we get a very good pg to replace him.

I'd love to add Beverly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we lise Jrue it is nearly certain we will not find an upgrade.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I'm really concerned that we will lose Jrue and not upgrade. I think it's very possible Jrue leaves and we have an unsuccessful FA and we don't make any significant moves.

Does anyone worry about this? There are only rumors of Jrue leaving. No rumors of the pels acquiring good players. I hope Demps is working on something big.

I will be disappointed if we lose Holiday unless we get a very good pg to replace him.

I'd love to add Beverly.

Rumors are usually circulated by one unconfirmed source that turns into faux gospel.

Banned
    I think it will be a blessing if we lose Jrue Holiday.
    He has proven over and over we cant win at a high level with him on the floor.
    Its time for a change. WE can't expect change with the same players that have limited skill sets.
    Jrue is damaged goods we need someone with break away speed off the dribble to open up the offense.

The thing that worries me with resigning Jrue is that two years ago he was injured with what could be a Chronic leg condition that could resurface again . Last year his wife had an issue with a tumor and is still having issues with it and it could resurface again in the future . I'm not being heartless but paying Jrue all that money and possibly having him miss more time or at minimum be mentally checked out like he was last year is to big of risk to take . I think we should let him go and go hard after Paul or somebody else that is totally focused on winning and playing basketball .

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I'm glad we started another Jrue thread

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I really don't care if he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Do you think we have a realistic shot at getting lowry or hill though? outside of doing a sign and trade for rubio, what other options would we have for a starting pg? Lin?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    For 20+ mil/yr... me either. I don't care what the market says we can find someone cheaper to do what he does.

There is no CP3, George Hill, Kyle Lowry pickup.... We dont have cap room, these guys are all gonna get 15-30mil per year, we aren't even close. So much day dreaming goes on around here, lol. Stick to the simple. Jrue is the best guy we could hope for. Go find some highlights of the dude ballin' and forget his couple screw ups.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    For 20+ mil/yr... me either. I don't care what the market says we can find someone cheaper to do what he does.
    I wouldn't mind signing either Patty Mills or Darren Collison if Jrue decides to leave.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    There is no CP3, George Hill, Kyle Lowry pickup.... We dont have cap room, these guys are all gonna get 15-30mil per year, we aren't even close. So much day dreaming goes on around here, lol. Stick to the simple. Jrue is the best guy we could hope for. Go find some highlights of the dude ballin' and forget his couple screw ups.
    How can you certify that we don't have cap space ? We haven't made any moves yet! For instance - we have 15 million in cap space. If we stretch Asik, that's an additional 6 mill. Trade Ajinca & Q-Pon.- that's 7-8 million cleared. If we trade Moore, which is likely, that's 8 . So, those moves can add 20-23 million in space. That's 35-38 million in Cap Space. There is enough room if Demps wants to make enough room. Am I saying these thing a will happen? NO! But they certainly can happen. You are thinking checkers. Think chess .

Thread Information