Pelicans Report

Thread: Anderson has worn his 20 mill per welcome out, already?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Anderson has worn his 20 mill per welcome out, already?

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/ryan-anderson-trade/ Man, Beverly & Lou might be nice! BUT WOW! Has Anderson worn out his defense-less butt welcome already?

It's not that he's worn out his welcome, it's that Houston is about $20 million shy of being able to go after max players. Every team would rather have CP3/Lowry/Griffin/Millsap over Ryno.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    It's not that he's worn out his welcome, it's that Houston is about $20 million shy of being able to go after max players. Every team would rather have CP3/Lowry/Griffin/Millsap over Ryno.
    When you sign a guy for 20 million(big overpay) for 4 yrs & you are willing to DUMP him after year 1? I'd say that you feel he is NOT a necessity for your team. Which means Anderson is a 20 million dollar BooBoo. Houstons going to have to get the raw end of the deal if someone is willing take that contract from them.

i will more than happy take on Lou Williams and or Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    i will more than happy take on Lou Williams and or Beverly.

Somewhere on internet, ItsRynotime is bombing rockets forums with posts about how Anderson is far better than CP3 and thinking about that doubles the fun of this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    Somewhere on internet, ItsRynotime is bombing rockets forums with posts about how Anderson is far better than CP3 and thinking about that doubles the fun of this news.
    lol

Banned
    I think Anderson is a good fit for that team.
    The Rockets need a Point Guard so they can move Harden back to his natural position at the 2.
    James is better suited off the ball for sure. That way when he gets the ball off the screen he can create a shot our go to the rack.
    With a guy like Paul running the 1 it opens up the 2 and 3 big time time.

LMFAO...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    this is what you wanted Ryno. Enjoy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    That Ryan Anderson contract is brutal. I can't see a team eating that. Maybe the Wolves? They need shooting, but Anderson doesn't play defense and Thibs might kill him or sit him on the bench.

None of the teams that I can think of that would need his shooting would want to use up $20m in cap space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    That Ryan Anderson contract is brutal. I can't see a team eating that. Maybe the Wolves? They need shooting, but Anderson doesn't play defense and Thibs might kill him or sit him on the bench.

None of the teams that I can think of that would need his shooting would want to use up $20m in cap space.
    It's crazy to think how the freaking rockets signed the worst deal and the best deal both from our clubs in the same free agency. I swear I hate Gordon even more now because you can see he was dogging it here.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    It's crazy to think how the freaking rockets signed the worst deal and the best deal both from our clubs in the same free agency. I swear I hate Gordon even more now because you can see he was dogging it here.
    Gordon is putting up nearly identical numbers to what he put up last year. Don't believe the BS hype that he is getting now that he's on the Rockets. He is exactly the same player.

Actually his efficiency and per are slightly down from last year. The narrative is only different because he players for a bigger market team. He's not even the best contract on the Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Gordon is putting up nearly identical numbers to what he put up last year. Don't believe the BS hype that he is getting now that he's on the Rockets. He is exactly the same player.

Actually his efficiency and per are slightly down from last year. The narrative is only different because he players for a bigger market team. He's not even the best contract on the Rockets.

Gordon can ball. Period. Hate him or not. If he doesn't have to dribble... Its generally in the hoop. I'd love him w cousins and Davis. That said, his game isn't complete.

Ryno..

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Gordon can ball. Period. Hate him or not. If he doesn't have to dribble... Its generally in the hoop. I'd love him w cousins and Davis. That said, his game isn't complete.

Ryno..
    My comment wasn't about if he could score or not. It was directly towards him being called the best contract and that the poster hates him more now that he left and suddenly started player good. Neither one of those ideas is true.

My comment wasn't about if he could score or not. It was directly towards him being called the best contract and that the poster hates him more now that he left and suddenly started player good. Neither one of those ideas is true.
    His contract is not bad at all. If we could get someone to perform at his level for that contract, I think the team would be satisfied. The key was that he stayed healthy last year.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    His contract is not bad at all. If we could get someone to perform at his level for that contract, I think the team would be satisfied. The key was that he stayed healthy last year.
    I wasn't saying Gordon's was a bad contract but after digging into it, I think he might actually be. If you take away Gordon's name, and just look at what he gives you, fans would think he was the 2nd worst contract on this team. He is purely a spot up shooter now. Lou Williams does everything Gordon does for almost half the money.

Let's see how Jordan Crawford does this season but I have a feeling he will give us 90% or more of what Gordon does for a lot less.

Heck these were their numbers for last year with both playing the same 6th man role:

Player A: 16.2-2.7-2.5 (points, rebs, ast). 37.2% from 3pt, 55.7% TS, 13.1 per.

Player B: 14.1-1.8-3.0 (points, rebs, ast). 38.9% from 3pt, 58.2% TS, 17.6 per.

Which would you want if one was getting 12.5m/yr and the other was getting a league minimum deal? A is Gordon, B is Crawford and Crawford put up those numbers in almost 7 less minutes per game.

I wasn't saying Gordon's was a bad contract but after digging into it, I think he might actually be. If you take away Gordon's name, and just look at what he gives you, fans would think he was the 2nd worst contract on this team. He is purely a spot up shooter now. Lou Williams does everything Gordon does for almost half the money.

Let's see how Jordan Crawford does this season but I have a feeling he will give us 90% or more of what Gordon does for a lot less.

Heck these were their numbers for last year with both playing the same 6th man role:

Player A: 16.2-2.7-2.5 (points, rebs, ast). 37.2% from 3pt, 55.7% TS, 13.1 per.

Player B: 14.1-1.8-3.0 (points, rebs, ast). 38.9% from 3pt, 58.2% TS, 17.6 per.

Which would you want if one was getting 12.5m/yr and the other was getting a league minimum deal? A is Gordon, B is Crawford and Crawford put up those numbers in almost 7 less minutes per game.
    Crawford was great in his time here last year and if he continues that contribution, will be a huge bargain. Hard to compare the two considering Crawford only played 18-19 games. Hope he continues it.

Crawford was great in his time here last year and if he continues that contribution, will be a huge bargain. Hard to compare the two considering Crawford only played 18-19 games. Hope he continues it.
    Absolutely he has to continue it. I was actually shocked at how close their numbers were and how good Crawford's were when I looked it up.

If anything, I think it proves that you can always find shooting. Which is why I think Gordon is overpaid because he gives nothing else but that. I didn't have that opinion until I started looking at the numbers.

Absolutely he has to continue it. I was actually shocked at how close their numbers were and how good Crawford's were when I looked it up.

If anything, I think it proves that you can always find shooting. Which is why I think Gordon is overpaid because he gives nothing else but that. I didn't have that opinion until I started looking at the numbers.
    Not that he is a great defender, but Gordon is at least a decent defender. Crawford is shaky defensively. Is the difference worth $11 million? Not if Crawford keeps up his offense.

Not that he is a great defender, but Gordon is at least a decent defender. Crawford is shaky defensively. Is the difference worth $11 million? Not if Crawford keeps up his offense.
    Is Gordon a decent defender though?

The numbers are always weird to try to judge defense with and most of them are split between who was better between Crawford and Gordon anyway.

I don't know that I'd rank either one as higher than a net negative on defense.

Thread Information