Pelicans Report

Thread: Galloway is Opting Out

Galloway is Opting Out

Sacramento Kings guard Langston Galloway is declining his player option for the 2017-18 season and will test free agency, according to multiple reports.

Galloway joined the Kings with Buddy Hield and Tyreke Evans in February as part of the trade that sent DeMarcus Cousins and Omri Casspi to the New Orleans Pelicans. The Kings also received two draft picks in the swap.
    Too bad he probably wont be coming back here.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

rumor is that he's going to cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    rumor is that he's going to cleveland
    Isn't everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Too bad he probably wont be coming back here.
    Why do you say that? He is from here and if the price is right - as a shooter he wasn't bad, i wouldn't mind him coming back. Kinda what we need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Why do you say that? He is from here and if the price is right - as a shooter he wasn't bad, i wouldn't mind him coming back. Kinda what we need right now.
    I think the rumor was that the staff was not impressed with his basketball IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yes, that and I think there might be some hurt feelings on Galloway's part, being traded away like he was. I think he understands that this is a business, but it must still hurt to be sent off when you are playing good basketball.

Where did this rumor come from? Seemed like he did pretty well here. Might be a bit redundant with Crawford here but another shooter would be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Where did this rumor come from? Seemed like he did pretty well here. Might be a bit redundant with Crawford here but another shooter would be welcomed.
    MM said that was what he heard from his sources in the organization.

I would be happy if we got either Ben McLemore, Will Barton, CJ Miles or Allen Crabbe and retained Jrue... We also need a backup sf which I want Rudy Gay who is friends with DMC...

Quote Originally Posted by AIP504 View Post
    I would be happy if we got either Ben McLemore, Will Barton, CJ Miles or Allen Crabbe and retained Jrue... We also need a backup sf which I want Rudy Gay who is friends with DMC...
    Crabbe makes over $19 million a year. Not sure how we could fit him in.

Can we sign back Casspi?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Can we sign back Casspi?
    Yes. I would think he would be a good use of our BAE.

Crabbe makes over $19 million a year. Not sure how we could fit him in.
    I guess POR could be a possible Asik partner if they are looking to get out from under Crabbe's contract ala CHA-ATL. Asik is making less money than Crabbe and over a shorter period of time.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I guess POR could be a possible Asik partner if they are looking to get out from under Crabbe's contract ala CHA-ATL. Asik is making less money than Crabbe and over a shorter period of time.
    But we have to have the cap room to absorb Crabbe's contract. If we operate over the cap, we have to include enough salary to make the trade "legal" under the cap rules and Asik alone would not be enough. Maybe if we include QPon it would be close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    MM said that was what he heard from his sources in the organization.

Crabbe plus a Portland 1st for Asik and our 2nd.

But we have to have the cap room to absorb Crabbe's contract. If we operate over the cap, we have to include enough salary to make the trade "legal" under the cap rules and Asik alone would not be enough. Maybe if we include QPon it would be close enough.
    Well, yeah. I doesn't have to just be Asik, but he would be the main piece moving out. It would be pretty easy to lump in Q-Pon or possibly another piece like Ajinca if needed. The point is we can make the cap room if we so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I wouldn't hate that. It's a fair deal, but we would be locking ourselves into mediocrity...unless we surprisingly hit a homerun with POR's draft pick.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 06-21-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I wouldn't hate that. It's a fair deal, but we would be locking ourselves into mediocrity...unless we surprisingly hit a homerun with POR's draft pick.
    Yeah. I'm kind of indifferent to it but the way I see it is we are getting out of a long term contract at a position we don't need to get into a long term contract at a position we could use.

Also, crabbe has had better numbers than Danny Green the last 2 years. Granted, he is making a lot more money than Green but at least he's producing a bit.

Plus it gives us a late 1st pick which we've been looking to try to get apparently.

The size of the contract makes it hard, and it's not my first choice but it's at least an option.

Yeah. I'm kind of indifferent to it but the way I see it is we are getting out of a long term contract at a position we don't need to get into a long term contract at a position we could use.

Also, crabbe has had better numbers than Danny Green the last 2 years. Granted, he is making a lot more money than Green but at least he's producing a bit.

Plus it gives us a late 1st pick which we've been looking to try to get apparently.

The size of the contract makes it hard, and it's not my first choice but it's at least an option.
    Makes sense, though I'm a bit less keen on trading for him after reading this review: https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/5/1...zers-2016-2017

Crabbe has a trade kicker of 15%. add this to his salary - it will be now 23 millions...
    for Crabbe
    still interested?

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Crabbe has a trade kicker of 15%. add this to his salary - it will be now 23 millions...
    for Crabbe
    still interested?
    Nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I like that deal actually.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    for Crabbe
    still interested?
    Just read that part. Not a fan anymore.

Thread Information