Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Trade rumors and pre-draft talks

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why would he walk away from the huge contract the Clippers could offer (and the LA scene he so desperately wanted)?
    I Don't claim to know the reason behind his decision. I just know it's happening.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    No state income taxes vs millionaire tax. Money is probably a wash, but I haven't done the math.

Quote Originally Posted by ArronRx View Post
    This makes no sense. last year everyone raved about how brilliant Dantoni was for moving Harden to PG, now they are going to bring CP3 in and take the ball out of Harden's hands.

Oh well, I hate CP3 and I hate the rockets.....now they are all in one place!
    That is what I was thinking. praising Harden at the point and then you take him out of the point. EG bench, lol

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    I Don't claim to know the reason behind his decision. I just know it's happening.
    is CP a republican?

Danny Green is on the trade block too. I'm such a Danny Green fanboy. So many good wing options available via trade at the moment. I hope we take advantage and grab at least one.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Danny Green is on the trade block too. I'm such a Danny Green fanboy. So many good wing options available via trade at the moment. I hope we take advantage and grab at least one.
    I am too. I hope they would take our second for cap space and maybe Frazier.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I am too. I hope they would take our second for cap space and maybe Frazier.
    Not me. Statistically speaking you'll think this sounds nuts...but I really believe we can get a contributed at # 40.

Pj dozier would play here. If Temple III has a place in the league Didier undoubtedly does. Dozier could be our medicine for all the stud guards we face.

Frank Jackson would be the ultimate steal imo.

Jawun evans could be our Tim Frazier ..

Heck thornwell and bacon could get minutes here too

Down goes Frazier

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Down goes Frazier
    which begs the question... why? not a phantom punch, huh?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

So the Knicks ARE trying to move Porzingis!

How do the Celtics not pounce on this?! They should color up and cash out.

He’ll be a free agent after this coming season, but he said that’s not his focus. “That’s a long way away,” Cousins said. “My only focus is to be the best DeMarcus I can be, come in the best shape I can and help the Pelicans win games this year. We’re confident in our team, we believe we will be in the playoffs this year; it’s just a matter of going out there and doing it.”

Now Bledsoe seems in play too:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...y-Eric-Bledsoe

really too bad the Pels are so asset poor at the moment. All kinds of possibilities seem to be opening up.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Bledsoe would be just perfect. And he's coming off of a very solid year too.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    No state income taxes vs millionaire tax. Money is probably a wash, but I haven't done the math.
    In the states that do not have income tax, what they do have is higher taxes by the cities in those states. And other taxes by the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Bledsoe would be just perfect. And he's coming off of a very solid year too.
    I would take Bledsoe in a minute. It would be awesome to somehow get Bledsoe and Danny Green to be our starting guards. I know it's a pipe dream but that would be an awesome starting lineup.

The Spurs are looking to move Lamarcus Aldridge for a top 10 pick.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-10-draft-pick
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Bledsoe is on a pretty friendly contract. Otherwise he's basically Jrue with worse shooting, more of an injury risk, and better driving. As other teams implode in the West who don't think they can compete with the Warriors, we could try sign and trading Jrue, fill Bledsoe in with the trade exemption, and try filling in the gaps elsewhere. I don't feel confident assessing Bledsoe's value though. It's tough weighing the changes in the salary cap with him. You know what's funny, I've heard a lot about Dragic being available. I feel like Dragic and Bledsoe paired up again would actually be a pretty decent backcourt, but I doubt that's realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Where is MM when you need him? I feel like he could at least keep us entertained right now. It's not like we have much to look forward to today in the draft so far!

Where is MM when you need him? I feel like he could at least keep us entertained right now. It's not like we have much to look forward to today in the draft so far!
    This off season has been awesome for entertainment and it's only like a week old. We still have two draft picks and no idea what we are going to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This off season has been awesome for entertainment and it's only like a week old. We still have two draft picks and no idea what we are going to do with them.
    Yeah but I'm not that excited about a mid and late second round picks that are not likely to make a big impact this season.

Or what happens to anyone on the roster not named Davis or Cousins.

Krystaps P., Paul G., Jimmy B. & LaMarcus A. are all reportedly available on the trade market.

Chris P., Gordon H., Paul M., & Kyle L. Are free agents that are seriously considering changing teams.

Does Cleveland make a power move to even the playing field against the GSW?

Does Boston make a move to overtake LeBron and the Cavs?

Should be an interesting 10 days or so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By "we" you mean pelicansreport? I'm pretty certain the front office has their ideas mapped out to be revealed shortly.

Yeah but I'm not that excited about a mid and late second round picks that are not likely to make a big impact this season.
    Who knows if we are even keeping them! That's the best part, we don't know what's actually going to happen. Maybe we draft players, maybe we trade up, maybe we trade for a player. This is the best time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    By "we" you mean pelicansreport? I'm pretty certain the front office has their ideas mapped out to be revealed shortly.
    While my comments were about us here at pelicansreport, it's more fun to think that even the Pels have no idea what's going to happen.

Thread Information