Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumors and pre-draft talks

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You think?
    Nance has 1 more year on his rookie deal than Randle. The Lakers won't want to extend Randle if they're going to be free agent players next summer. Therefor Nance > Randle to Lakers.

Should note that Cousins and Beverley have a history. If I recall correctly, history as in Beverley pulled some of his normal Beverley crap getting into Boogie's knees, and so Cousins punched him in the stomach and got suspended history.

That said he would be a nearly ideal PG stylewise, and on an affordable contract. Boogie wants to win, so I would hope it could be water under the bridge unless Beverley is as vile off the court as he is on. And on that front, there is some mystery to the Beverley being available thing -- apparently he says he likes playing for D'Antoni but "other factors" have led him to seek a trade.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 06-20-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Knicks wanted Booker and #4 for Porzingis. Porzingis seems a bit overrated. NY hype + being a white dude, but mostly just NY hype.
    The Suns would be stupid to trade Booker and #4 for him in a wing/guard driven league. I remember when some people thought he was a better asset than AD. Anything coming off New York is usually exaggerated and over-hyped.
    He's 7'3" with unprecedented mobility for a player that size, and a shooting stroke. Its just awkward enough that I have been less sure of him than I have KAT, Embiid, etc., but its easily one of the most intriguing packages in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    He's 7'3" with unprecedented mobility for a player that size, and a shooting stroke. Its just awkward enough that I have been less sure of him than I have KAT, Embiid, etc., but its easily one of the most intriguing packages in the league.
    I like Porzingis and think he's a good player. I also think he's overhyped. Both can be true!

Clippers are looking to trade DeAndre Jordan. And to think, CP3 and crew locked him in his bathroom until Jordan promised to resign with the Clippers.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Its crazy hearing trade talks with Paul George either getting traded to the Lakers or cavs, Butler to the cavs or Celtics, Lakers making moves before the draft with the nets etc... But what are we doing to better this team? I don't think we're trying hard enough to be a contender this year.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Last tweet I saw said now no one knwos where George is going. Only that he is definitely going somewhere.

I figure if it was down to the Cavs or Lakers, the tweet would've just said that. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it?

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    Its crazy hearing trade talks with Paul George either getting traded to the Lakers or cavs, Butler to the cavs or Celtics, Lakers making moves before the draft with the nets etc... But what are we doing to better this team? I don't think we're trying hard enough to be a contender this year.
    Please tell us what assets we have so we can get Butler or PG. There is no move available to us for us to be a contender this year. We are trying to build a base to show Boogie that we are on the right path to be a contender.

I don't think we're trying hard enough to be a contender this year.
    With what? Are we going to force other teams to send us their star players for the assets we have? We have no 1st this year and no attractive players outside of AD or DC.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    With what? Are we going to force other teams to send us their star players for the assets we have? We have no 1st this year and no attractive players outside of AD or DC.
    Agreed! Thanks Demps!

We could resign jrue and trade him, I'm not against trading DC to better this team. We need to build around AD and i don't see cousin and AD gelling together.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I love it how the two biggest market teams Knicks/Lakers are complete dumpster fires, and yet people still say that players want to play for those teams because they are big markets. Man, ain't nobody running off to be a part of either of those teams.
    Players still want to play for them but the Pelicans have to build through the draft or trades.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    CP3 is probably going there...that's why they are shopping him.
    I heard the Spurs might go after CP3. I hope not. I would rather he go to the Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Clippers are looking to trade DeAndre Jordan. And to think, CP3 and crew locked him in his bathroom until Jordan promised to resign with the Clippers.
    The Mavericks are probably laughing by now. He changed his mind about signing with them.

We have no pieces to move.

Also, for all the talk around the league the actual trades that did happen were complete surprises. No idea what Dell might be negotiating.

We could resign jrue and trade him, I'm not against trading DC to better this team. We need to build around AD and i don't see cousin and AD gelling together.
    Lol so we trade for him to trade him away?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    What what what???????????????????????? GTF

someone on reddit proposed we trade asik and a 2018 1st for Jeremy lin lol

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    I think that would be double worth it. But guess they would want to see how the dominoes fall in free agency/ trade with CP3, PG, Butler , Lowry just to make sure they wouldn't need that pick for a major trade. Lin would be awesome though

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    I heard the Spurs might go after CP3. I hope not. I would rather he go to the Rockets.
    He's not going there. A person close to the situation shared with me that he's going to Houston. Apparently, the family has already started packing their stuff from their LA Home.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    what's the lol for?

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    He's not going there. A person close to the situation shared with me that he's going to Houston. Apparently, the family has already started packing their stuff from their LA Home.
    We heard it here first, if it happens!

This makes no sense. last year everyone raved about how brilliant Dantoni was for moving Harden to PG, now they are going to bring CP3 in and take the ball out of Harden's hands.

Oh well, I hate CP3 and I hate the rockets.....now they are all in one place!

Why would he walk away from the huge contract the Clippers could offer (and the LA scene he so desperately wanted)?

Thread Information