Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Trade rumors and pre-draft talks

someone already said Harden is the only "player" on the rockets and they are winning. Not sure i would say ryno, EG, williams or ariza are "players" as suggested. Also celtics are a bunch of really good role players that without the legit player except thomas. spurs only have leonard at this point as the "player" with a bunch of system guys who play sound basketball. what is similar between those teams are high iq role players surrounding a star player. do we have that yet, i don't think so but AD and DC can win with the right players surrounding them.

The Suns have talked to the Pelicans about a potential Jared Dudley trade, according to John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports 98.7 (Twitter link), who adds that any deal would likely involve second-round picks. New Orleans may not have the cap room to absorb Dudley’s $10MM salary outright, so the Pelicans may have to send out a contract or two in a possible swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Realistic Reminder: Jrue cannot outplay a huge contract. No chance he makes a high-dollar contract worth it. Zero. Zilch.

If someone wants to give it to him, let them.
    Realistic reminder: While this is probably pretty much true it is also true that it is probably nearly impossible to get us a player on Jrue's level in freeagency or via trade. Not with our "assets" and not considering our cap situation (which has become even worse now that it's decreased to 99 mio.)... I'm not a fan of giving Holiday a huge contract. I'm just saying there are probably no better options out there - at least if the contract is somewhat reasonable (max. 22 mio/anno).

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    The Suns have talked to the Pelicans about a potential Jared Dudley trade, according to John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports 98.7 (Twitter link), who adds that any deal would likely involve second-round picks. New Orleans may not have the cap room to absorb Dudley’s $10MM salary outright, so the Pelicans may have to send out a contract or two in a possible swap.
    sigh
    SIGN A SF

That was a fake Twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That was a fake Twitter account.
    Where did you hear that? Not doubting you, but just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Where did you hear that? Not doubting you, but just curious.
    On twitter. Where this rumor started hours ago. The suns blog that reported it retracted their comment on it once they discovered it was a fake account.

Dudley has already came out and said he has a no trade clause.

On twitter. Where this rumor started hours ago. The suns blog that reported it retracted their comment on it once they discovered it was a fake account.

Thanks

Realistically, do you think Dudley has a no-trade clause? Those are very rare in the NBA and I would not think a player like Dudley has one.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Realistically, do you think Dudley has a no-trade clause? Those are very rare in the NBA and I would not think a player like Dudley has one.
    I believe what was being reported. If it's true that he was just joking about that, that's fine too.

Either way this deal sounded really stupid from the beginning and I'm glad it's not happening.

I believe what was being reported. If it's true that he was just joking about that, that's fine too.

Either way this deal sounded really stupid from the beginning and I'm glad it's not happening.
    I agree unless we can unload contracts like Asik or Ajinca/QPon

Quote Originally Posted by ripppa View Post
    So its a reasonable assumption, we will not be making the playoffs again (takes more than 2 players to be successful), followed by a reasonable expectation this is the last yr with Demps and Gentry.
    No, that's not at all a reasonable assumption.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by Werdiknight View Post
    Realistic reminder: While this is probably pretty much true it is also true that it is probably nearly impossible to get us a player on Jrue's level in freeagency or via trade. Not with our "assets" and not considering our cap situation (which has become even worse now that it's decreased to 99 mio.)... I'm not a fan of giving Holiday a huge contract. I'm just saying there are probably no better options out there - at least if the contract is somewhat reasonable (max. 22 mio/anno).
    Agree with everything you said there and I'd still rather let him walk. Though there may be no better options now, I can't convince myself that there won't be better options later.

I think there's a high percentage chance that his deal won't work out well and then we are stuck not being able to show Boogie and AD that we can improve the team around them.

Zach Lowe's article has a mention about the Suns being unable to take Noah's deal along with Porzingis because they're already stuck with Brandon Knight's contract. They may have been exploring a salary dump of Dudley to clear some room for Noah, but even if not, it doesn't make any sense for them to take on our dead contracts for Dudley (who can actually play).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I continue to think somehow Brandon Knight will end up a Pelican.

Here's a couple of good articles from Suns guys
    https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...t-phoenix-suns
    https://www.slcdunk.com/2017/6/15/15...-jazz-kentucky

I don't think he's perfect, but I think the role we're looking for from our guards if we're going full in Point Boogie, is the perfect role for Brandon Knight. And he's available and much cheaper than Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    He's not going there. A person close to the situation shared with me that he's going to Houston. Apparently, the family has already started packing their stuff from their LA Home.
    I tried telling ya'll but no one listen. He was coming south one way or another. If we had a capable FO, he might have come back.

i heard you and will be happy if we can get Beverly.

I tried telling ya'll but no one listen. He was coming south one way or another. If we had a capable FO, he might have come back.

would JJ Redick still get 8m a year?

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    would JJ Redick still get 8m a year?
    He's going to get a lot more.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Broussard has a sauce that says the Cavs were in a 3-ay trade with Phoenix and Indy to bring PG13 to Cleve, and Kyrie was a piece in the trade. Indy pulled out because they wanted more. The interesting thing here was Cleve was willing to trade Kyrie.

7:27 mark

ok you got this one. Please give us more

There are several teams said to be interested in Korver, including the Pelicans and Bucks, but the kind of contract he could land outside of Cleveland remains to be seen. Korver has also expressed a desire to return to the Cavs, who got Korver to the Finals for the first time in his 14-year career.
    – via Cleveland Plain Dealer
    Could definitely use his shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Could definitely use his shooting.
    After Jrue and Justin, we will not be able to afford to pay someone like Korver.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Rondo just got waived.

Thread Information