Pelicans Report

Thread: The 'More of this, please' Solomon Hill thread

The 'More of this, please' Solomon Hill thread

I REALLY enjoyed watching this game on live stream, didn't know Hill had this side to his game. I'm really hoping hes working hard on refining his handles and 3pt shot. He needs to find his place in the offense. I love what he does defensively but for this team to flourish we need Hill to find some consistent contribution.

I'm excited about the Chris Finch hire. One thing that stands out about Denver is their off ball movement and cutting and I think Hill is well suited to that.

I still believe Hill can turn into a bargain contract, really excited to see what he brings next season and how the Pels work him into the scheme.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Last year it seemed like Hill's offense was 75% long jumper 25% drive. He is strong and has a size advantage the majority of the time versus whoever is defending him. If he flipped that around and went 75% drive and 25% jumper I think he would easily average 10ppg and be more more efficient at the offensive end. Nee to work on handles obviously, but there aren't many people at his position he couldn't over power.

Banned
    Explain to me how does this happen?
    We have a center that plays like a wing man.
    We have a power forward that plays like a wing man.
    We don't have a Point Guard to push the offense or allowed to try under current HC Gentry.
    Is Hill suppose to drive when? The balls are not coming his way plus we need him for rebounds since our Bigs play the Wing waiting for shots

Basketball Guru
    im one of the handful of people who think hill will step his game up this season coming.....i also want to see him drive more with AD and boogie on the court because the player who is guarding them wont come off to help.....players doubling down on AD and boogie would leave hill open for spot up 3s that i hope he will improve on and also slicing to the rim for a pass from one of the bigs.....i have faith in hill stepping up his game this season coming....

If the Pels are patient with Hill and Moore, they will be rewarded. I think both of them had tough years adjusting to new and changing roles: Moore dealing with a nagging foot injury, Hill dealing with regular dose of minutes and responsibilities. With better team stability this year, I see them being very strong contributors.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    If the Pels are patient with Hill and Moore, they will be rewarded. I think both of them had tough years adjusting to new and changing roles: Moore dealing with a nagging foot injury, Hill dealing with regular dose of minutes and responsibilities. With better team stability this year, I see them being very strong contributors.
    I can definitely see them taking a step forward this year. However, I don't think Hill will ever be worth what we're paying him and I don't think we'll ever see him as the answer to our need of a decent SF. However that doesn't mean he can't contribute and have a positive impact on this team. I like both of their attitudes and the effort they bring so hopefully that translates into improvement this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Vomit View Post
    I can definitely see them taking a step forward this year. However, I don't think Hill will ever be worth what we're paying him and I don't think we'll ever see him as the answer to our need of a decent SF. However that doesn't mean he can't contribute and have a positive impact on this team. I like both of their attitudes and the effort they bring so hopefully that translates into improvement this year.
    Pretty soon, the money that we gave Solomon Hill will be considered a fair contract in this league. NBA contracts are bonkers.

Thread Information