Pelicans Report

Thread: Let Jrue Walk ......

Let Jrue Walk ......

That is all I have heard from this Board since the season ended. What will happen if WE LET JRUE WALK. Right now we have a financial obligation of $85,899,479 for next season with the cap set at $101,000,000. That leaves us $15,100,521 to spend if we LET JRUE WALK (he has a cap hold of $14,000,000 FYI) not counting the Mid-Level Exception (MLE) at $8.4 million and the Bi-Annual Exception (BAE) at $3.3 million if you spend more than the cap.
    Our roster as of today
    PG- Frazier
    SG- Moore/Crawford
    SF- Hill/Qpon
    PF- Davis/Diallo
    C- Cousins/Asik/Ajinca

We have Bird rights to Jrue so we can go over the cap to sign him that is the smart play. He is a top 10 PG in this league by the numbers and a Plus defensive player.
    I believe you try to sign Reddick for $12-14 million Sign Joe Ingles using the MLE $8.4 million then resign Jrue to 5 year $120 million ($24 milion a year) and Stretch Asik.

Holiday's cap hold is 150% of his last salary. Holiday made $11,286,518 so 150% of that would be cap hold of $16,929,777, not $14 million.

You also can't both sign Redick to $12-$14 million using cap space and use the $8.4 million MLE. You either have cap space or the MLE, not both.

He gets a D+ for cap class...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    That is all I have heard from this Board since the season ended. What will happen if WE LET JRUE WALK. Right now we have a financial obligation of $85,899,479 for next season with the cap set at $101,000,000. That leaves us $15,100,521 to spend if we LET JRUE WALK (he has a cap hold of $14,000,000 FYI) not counting the Mid-Level Exception (MLE) at $8.4 million and the Bi-Annual Exception (BAE) at $3.3 million if you spend more than the cap.
    Our roster as of today
    PG- Frazier
    SG- Moore/Crawford
    SF- Hill/Qpon
    PF- Davis/Diallo
    C- Cousins/Asik/Ajinca

We have Bird rights to Jrue so we can go over the cap to sign him that is the smart play. He is a top 10 PG in this league by the numbers and a Plus defensive player.
    I believe you try to sign Reddick for $12-14 million Sign Joe Ingles using the MLE $8.4 million then resign Jrue to 5 year $120 million ($24 milion a year) and Stretch Asik.
    Pelicans are going to trade Moore & Ajinca, stretch Asik & receive a medical for Pondexter . That's an extra 21 Million. POOF, there's 38 mill in cap space. Sign Collison, PG13 & re-sign Cunningham> Good to go!

In No Particular order! 1)Lillard 2)CP3 3)Conley 4)Dragic 5)Lowry 6)Bledsoe 7)Harden 8)Westbrook 9)Parker 10)G Hill 11) Isaiah 12)Kyrie 13) Steph 14) Kemba 15)J. Wall 16)Rubio 17)Schroeder -------- Teague,Rondo,Lin in Jrue's boat. So, how exactly is Holiday a Top 10 PG ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    In No Particular order! 1)Lillard 2)CP3 3)Conley 4)Dragic 5)Lowry 6)Bledsoe 7)Harden 8)Westbrook 9)Parker 10)G Hill 11) Isaiah 12)Kyrie 13) Steph 14) Kemba 15)J. Wall 16)Rubio 17)Schroeder -------- Teague,Rondo,Lin in Jrue's boat. So, how exactly is Holiday a Top 10 PG ?
    Plus all the guys that will drafted at PG this draft he aint better than.

That's why I cant fathom even the THOUGHT of paying to 20ish bestest PG in the league morth of 25 million! Crazy !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    & we are contemplating paying who, what? Good Lord!

Banned
    So let me process this some. A guy who played in 155 games out of 328. He laid a complete egg verse the Warriors in our one and ONLY playoff series. He average 6 points per game during that series. This player has 0 explosive moves off the dribble. When he is matched up against playoff guards he gets schooled. This player is a turnover machine when the ball is in his hands. This player has a serious injury unless you don't call a Steel Rod and screws in your right leg a serious injury and the Pelicans should pay him top dollar?
    I am all for improving the ball club. But Jrue Holiday sets the stage for another losing season ahead if he is retained.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 06-19-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Plus all the guys that will drafted at PG this draft he aint better than.
    But who of these are available? Teague & Rondo trade for Rubio, Lin or Bledsoe? then you lose all your cap space to fill out the roster!!! Those prospects we can not get so why speak of them. Sign Jrue see if he can bounce back or S&T him for WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    But who of these are available? Teague & Rondo trade for Rubio, Lin or Bledsoe? then you lose all your cap space to fill out the roster!!! Those prospects we can not get so why speak of them. Sign Jrue see if he can bounce back or S&T him for WHAT?
    It is definitely a dilemma. Talent wise, he may be the best available option for the Pels given the cap. However, paying him what is rumored over 4-5 years locks up our cap for that period making it imperative that he be one of the "Big 3" to get this team where their potential is. Is he that type of player? I don't think so. Would the cap flexibility in future years be better?

We need to sign Joe Ingles (13 for SF in real plus minus) as our starting SF or Robert Covington(8 for SF in real plus minus)!! Both? I like to look at DPM(Defensive Plus Minus) & RPM (real Plus minus)
    FYI Jrue is 3 in DPM and 14 in RPM for point guards. I like Tony Snell also

The Franchise
    I like Jrue. I rather run him a SG which in that spot would be a top 15-20 player. Even if he had to run Point for some games or in small stretches, he is a top 15-20 as a point guard. Of the list of PG only maybe 10 I'd take before and most will get more money than Jrue. So yes I pay him 20-23 million a year but not much more. It all comes down to I will NOT pay him more than Davis.

Even if Dell makes an awesome move and gets a stud like butler or PG, your still gonna need a guard and there aren't many better. I hate overpaying for certain players but we are better with him on our team. As for his value, I think we could easily trade him for whatever we sign him for barring a heart condition or something crazy.

Thread Information