Pelicans Report

Thread: Getting the band back together

Getting the band back together

Would you sign Tyreke for a full MLE this offseason? If not , who would you give that contract to, and why?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I would personally, simply because I think he is worth more than an MLE at 27 years old. But of course I doubt either side even talks.

Getting the band back together

Since we traded him we can't acquire him for a year right? I'm too lazy to look up the rule but I think that's how it works.

Edit: I stopped being lazy, And looked it up. Here is what the CBAFAQ says about it

"A team cannot reacquire a player they traded away during that season (a season being July 1 - June 30). If he is waived by his new team, then he cannot re-sign with his original team until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract, whichever comes first. However, if a team trades a player's draft rights, they can reacquire the player during the same season."

So if I understand this correctly we can resign him. With that said, I would probably do it if it was cheap enough, but I don't actually like Tyreke's fit on this team. We need shooters and defenders from our guards and wings. Tyreke is a ball dominating guard who doesn't pass a lot.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-17-2017 at 05:06 PM.

The Franchise
    I've been on the train of buying 2 players at 4 mill a year. I'd try for Justin holiday and McClemore but would settle for Cunningham and one of the 2.

There are a few others to look at that may not break the bank
    Ian Clark
    Jerami Grant
    Ty Lawson
    Terrance jones

Cousins / AD
    AD / Diallo
    Hill / Tyreke /2nd rounder
    Jrue / Moore / Crawford
    Tyreke / Jrue / Frazier

Maybe I'm nostalgic, but was watching some AD highlights from the playoff series Vs the Warriors and really noticed Tyreke creating so much offense, can't ignore. He is a decent shooter when left open and if he agreed to sign for an MLE he'd be value IMO. Also his ability to play 3 positions is a major plus.

2x 4mil players helps with depth but I'm not sure its worth sacrificing a chance at a starting quality player. The diff between a 4mil vet and a D-League star may not be that great, and we really just need one more quality player to go with our big 3 to make the team legit.

Basketball Guru
    we all know reke can get to the rim against damn near anyone lol....put the right 4 around him and let reke run the point in half court and the offense will have a lot of options.......he was shooting the 3 ball good this season.....

I like Reke, but not with the Pelicans....We need willing passers with high BBIQ. That ain't Reke. I would go after Patty Mills with MLE.
    Last edited by SaintPelican225; 06-17-2017 at 10:18 PM.

JOE INGLES

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    JOE INGLES
    Ingles would be awesome. I don't think the MLE will be enough to afford him though.

JOE INGLES
    Yes.

JOE INGLES
    Please get Ingles and Rubio are my two main targets with Jason Hart in the draft. Also, get rid of Asik, Hill (maybe), and sign and trade Holiday.

JOE INGLES
    A million times yes. My buddy and I call him "Hurricane Joe" in 2k (cause he makes it rain from 3)
    Welcome to be here

Thread Information