Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sixers looking to acquire top pick {edited: done deal}

Rumor Sixers looking to acquire top pick {edited: done deal}

Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA)

6/16/17, 4:07 PM
    Sources: Philadelphia is waiting on medical information on Markelle Fultz, but deep into talks on acquiring Boston's No. 1 overall pick.
    Very interesting...

They must REALLY want Fultz. Give Boston MORE assets. Sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    They must REALLY want Fultz. Give Boston MORE assets. Sheesh
    Yeah, but eventually Boston has to turn the assets into quality players.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Ok. So silly idea here. Let's say this happens. And let's say that the Lakers also sour on Lonzo Ball. Lonzo drops to 4th and the Suns snatch him up. Could this free up Eric Bledsoe? If so would you guys go after him? And if so, how?

Yay for scenarios!

I like it for Philly, They're kinda in no mans land at #3, would rather hit a home run now, Fultz has been the consensus #1 pick for about 6 months, nothing seems to be changing that, he may be worth burning a future 1st to move up and grab. But I feel like it's going to be more than just #3 and a future 1st. Ainge will be looking for 3 picks.

For Boston I think this a move signalling they're all in on Isiaiah Thomas. Don't want to risk him signing elsewhere by having another stud PG on the roster. Or they really feel the gap between Fultz and Tatum/Josh or whoever they're looking at for #3 is smaller than others think it is.

Perhaps it is based on what other GMs are saying in regards to getting a Jimmy Butler/Paul George deal done, hard to say. If I were Boston though, I wouldnt trade out of grabbing Fultz.

The deal is as good as done, too, I think Philly just waiting on the medical on Fultz.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Ok. So silly idea here. Let's say this happens. And let's say that the Lakers also sour on Lonzo Ball. Lonzo drops to 4th and the Suns snatch him up. Could this free up Eric Bledsoe? If so would you guys go after him? And if so, how?

Yay for scenarios!
    We'd have to mortgage our future pretty badly. I'm not sure our 2018 1st would hold much value if the Pels rolled out a Bledsoe/Holiday/Hill/AD/Cousins lineup into the season. We can't offer that much in terms of cap relief for the Suns either. It;d be a Demps miracle if they managed to swing a deal.

It's gotta be for #3 and a player right? I just can't see Boston looking to stock up on more future assets. They need difference makers.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh this is gonna be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's gotta be for #3 and a player right? I just can't see Boston looking to stock up on more future assets. They need difference makers.
    What players though?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    What players though?

Rumored to be the 3rd and josh jackson
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Rumored to be the 3rd and josh jackson
    No I mean what players would Boston get from Philly.

The Franchise
    I think it's a win win for both teams. Philly gives 3rd, Okafor, and either lakers pick or their pick next year. They get a guard that can play pg or SG and can score for the next 8 years. Fultz, Embiid, and Simmons is a good top 3 and they still have Covington, Saric, and a ton of money.

Fultz
    Luwawu
    Simmons, Covington
    Saric, Simmons
    Embiid

Boston gets their SF of the future. Brown would be their SG and if they get Hayward what a great offseason. Nets or the pick they get from philly should be high enough to get their future big and another really good player or trade at the deadline for someone like Butler or even should I say Cousins. Plus they can test drive okafor and if they don't like him can still trade him for assets.

IT, rozier
    Bradley, Brown
    Hayward, Crowder, Jackson(reading he could eventually play small ball 4)
    Horford
    Okafor

Both teams looking good for the future

Boston wants only picks.
    For trade purposes (Butler etc). Dont want salary back to remain with Bradley and Smart.

Simmons- Fultz- Covington- Saric- Embiid. Good lord.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Boston wants only picks.
    For trade purposes (Butler etc). Dont want salary back to remain with Bradley and Smart.
    I can see this but why not just keep the #1? It has more value than a #3 and a future pick.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Simmons- Fultz- Covington- Saric- Embiid. Good lord.
    All of that sucking paid off

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    All of that sucking paid off
    Sure it did if embid can actually stay healthy

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I can see this but why not just keep the #1? It has more value than a #3 and a future pick.
    That's what has me confused. If Ainge wants to keep the players and he thinks Jackson, Fox, Tatum, etc is the best player in the draft then this make sense. If he's just trying to trade then the #1 pick has more value. Then #3 and a likely later pick.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    That's what has me confused. If Ainge wants to keep the players and he thinks Jackson, Fox, Tatum, etc is the best player in the draft then this make sense. If he's just trying to trade then the #1 pick has more value. Then #3 and a likely later pick.
    Unless whoever he is talking trade with has the same players rated as highly as Fultz and wants the future #1 to sweeten the deal.

The Franchise
    If I was Boston and wanted Jackson(or not wanting Fultz), I'd trade with the lakers or Philly in a heart beat. They still get the players they want and more players/picks. Boston needs a good big and okafor gives them a player to see what he can do along with building through the draft. If the plan is to be awesome in 3 years this is it. Imagine you build a team around Brown, Jackson, 2 high first round picks next year and a ton of money. The good about this is your still going to be competitive during that time so if Cleveland slips your still good enough to win. I think the get Hayward this year (for nothing) and are a good big away from taking down Cleveland.

IT, Rozier
    Bradley, Brown
    Hayward, Jackson
    Horford
    Okafor

Plus they could trade crowder and smart for more assets. It'd be fun being a celtics fan for the next 5-6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Unless whoever he is talking trade with has the same players rated as highly as Fultz and wants the future #1 to sweeten the deal.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If I was Boston and wanted Jackson(or not wanting Fultz), I'd trade with the lakers or Philly in a heart beat. They still get the players they want and more players/picks. Boston needs a good big and okafor gives them a player to see what he can do along with building through the draft. If the plan is to be awesome in 3 years this is it. Imagine you build a team around Brown, Jackson, 2 high first round picks next year and a ton of money. The good about this is your still going to be competitive during that time so if Cleveland slips your still good enough to win. I think the get Hayward this year (for nothing) and are a good big away from taking down Cleveland.

IT, Rozier
    Bradley, Brown
    Hayward, Jackson
    Horford
    Okafor

Plus they could trade crowder and smart for more assets. It'd be fun being a celtics fan for the next 5-6 years.
    I remember that the Celtics were interested in Okafor during the trade deadline. Perhaps of they get Okafor and the 6ers first this year and next year. It could be enough for them. But man how many assets do the Celtics need. They love getting top draft picks

Because Ainge wants to keep IT happy and secure. So why not trade down for Jackson or Tatum and get another shot at a high lotto pick? Personally I'd take Fultz and move IT but thats just me.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    This is huge as far as the Jrue sweepstakes. There just aren't a lot of viable options if Philly is off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    This is huge as far as the Jrue sweepstakes. There just aren't a lot of viable options if Philly is off the table.
    Dallas I veiw as the front runner for Holiday. Cuban love wasting money on the lower tier free agents.

Thread Information