Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Instead of.....

Trade Idea Instead of.....

Trying to get cp3, i think we we need perimeter scoring more than anything. I would like to go after Reddick, crawford, clay, heck even kover or any one else out there that can knock down 3s.

I am guessing you want to keep Jrue then?

Honestly dream scenario for me would be...Let Jrue walk...We trade for Klay Thompson if GS needs cap space to pay KD and Curry this offseason. We sign/trade Teague or Collison to be PG. Stretch Asik or trade him. It's a dream, but Klay Thompson would be the perfect fit to play with AD and Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post

Honestly dream scenario for me would be...Let Jrue walk...We trade for Klay Thompson if GS needs cap space to pay KD and Curry this offseason. We sign/trade Teague or Collison to be PG. Stretch Asik or trade him. It's a dream, but Klay Thompson would be the perfect fit to play with AD and Cousins.
    Nice dream. Not much of a chance, but we can dream.

[QUOTE=PELICANSFAN;1422202]Nice dream. Not much of a chance, but you can always dream right!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'd say the Pels getting Cousins was the stuff of dreams once upon a time.

Anything is possible....

Doesn't mean anything will absolutely happen. Most of what happens is quite predictable or within the realm of the likely.

Banned
    Cousins hasn't shown anything we still only won 30 games.
    Again players are not looking at the Pelicans as a avenue to a championship.
    We have potential to maybe be a playoff team that is not enough to draw elites.
    Let's see come July 7
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 06-15-2017 at 10:08 PM.

What's people seeing us as an avenue got to do with it? I thought the main crux of it all was trading.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post

No frankly no, I'm all in on resigning and trading him if possible. I have faith in Frazier, if over the summer he can pick up a little muscle and improve his 3pt game we could have a generic Isaiah Thomas, my concern with Frazier is his size against other pgs in the West. Harden, Westbrook, curry is a bad matchup for Frazier but i do believe he can handle his own on the offensive side of the ball.

Maybe GS is worried about rebounding and will flip us Klay for Asik. Hope that's enough and we don't have to throw in #40 though. Would also be willing to part with Ajinca as salary filler.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    Trying to get cp3, i think we we need perimeter scoring more than anything. I would like to go after Reddick, crawford, clay, heck even kover or any one else out there that can knock down 3s.
    First off, CP3 isn't happening whether we want him or not.

Second, if we had a shot at him, he's a great perimeter scorer so I don't really get that part.

Third, when you listed "clay" are you talking about Klay Thompson? Cause lol we have absolutely no chance at that.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    No frankly no, I'm all in on resigning and trading him if possible. I have faith in Frazier, if over the summer he can pick up a little muscle and improve his 3pt game we could have a generic Isaiah Thomas, my concern with Frazier is his size against other pgs in the West. Harden, Westbrook, curry is a bad matchup for Frazier but i do believe he can handle his own on the offensive side of the ball.
    I'm down with letting Jrue walk instead of paying him 5yr x $25 mil/yr. But Frazier is not a good option to play more than limited minutes. Whenever Frazier plays, the other team's pg breaks him down one one one or rubs him off a pick and he gets lost. So the whole defense breaks down right from the start of the possession. If we switch, then they take Frazier down on the box. He's just too much of a defensive liability for me to want to see him play more than 10-15 minutes. Ideally, he's a non-rotation guy who plays when the team gets down big and can't score. Maybe he gives you enough offensive spark to get back in the game.

My fear in letting Jrue walk is that they overspend on almost useless players just to "fill the hole." Don't let Jrue walk and then give Shelvin Mack 3 years 18 million. This is not the easy path. Dell is going to have to prove his worth here. Anyone who thinks that they can do better than Jrue for 11 mil in cap space is irrational. In the long run, sure it might work out. But definitely taking one step back in the hopes of taking 2 forward -- and probably not for another year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'd say the Pels getting Cousins was the stuff of dreams once upon a time.

Anything is possible....

Doesn't mean anything will absolutely happen. Most of what happens is quite predictable or within the realm of the likely.
    I see where you're coming from but, the people that run Golden state are not dysfunctional like the people that run Sacremento. In fact, the people that run Golden state may be the least dysfunctional front office in the NBA. No way they trade Klay to us. They're probably not gonna trade him anytime soon either. Unless they get some crazy offer and they see the writing on the wall that he's leaving after his current contract.
    Last edited by Pony Vomit; 06-16-2017 at 11:27 AM.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    I'm down with letting Jrue walk instead of paying him 5yr x $25 mil/yr. But Frazier is not a good option to play more than limited minutes. Whenever Frazier plays, the other team's pg breaks him down one one one or rubs him off a pick and he gets lost. So the whole defense breaks down right from the start of the possession. If we switch, then they take Frazier down on the box. He's just too much of a defensive liability for me to want to see him play more than 10-15 minutes. Ideally, he's a non-rotation guy who plays when the team gets down big and can't score. Maybe he gives you enough offensive spark to get back in the game.

My fear in letting Jrue walk is that they overspend on almost useless players just to "fill the hole." Don't let Jrue walk and then give Shelvin Mack 3 years 18 million. This is not the easy path. Dell is going to have to prove his worth here. Anyone who thinks that they can do better than Jrue for 11 mil in cap space is irrational. In the long run, sure it might work out. But definitely taking one step back in the hopes of taking 2 forward -- and probably not for another year or two.
    I agree totally. My hope is Jrue and Justin make a deal with the pelicans. I'd do something like Jrue 22 mill and going up every year but staying below Davis. Sign Justin with part of MLE say 4-5 mill which is a big raise since he made 1 mill last year in an expensive city and still have a few mill left on MLE to throw at another up and comer like McClemore.

Jrue, Frazier
    Justin, Moore, McClemore
    Hill, Qpon
    Davis, Diallo
    Cousins, Asik

Another backup PG and SF would be ideal but working the Gleague and euro league is Dells forte.

Just got insight on CP3's destination this offseason. A few weeks ago, i was informed and eventually shared on this website that he would be going to either SA or HOU. As of today, my source believes Houston is he leader. Please take this information with a grain of salt...

Klay isn't going anywhere. That narrative needs to stop.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Klay isn't going anywhere. That narrative needs to stop.
    What's the harm? Some one gets their hopes up and then gets disappointed?

What if Klay decides he wants to go somewhere?

Ok Klay is not going anywhere this thread wasn't meant to be just about Klay but instead of putting our sights on cp3 we could bring in a 3 point shooter. I like Jordan Crawford but i like him more coming off the bench not on the floor with AD and boogie. I think a Reddick would be a good fit if we could get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Cousins hasn't shown anything we still only won 30 games.
    Again players are not looking at the Pelicans as a avenue to a championship.
    We have potential to maybe be a playoff team that is not enough to draw elites.
    Let's see come July 7
    None of what you typed here make ANY sense. At all.

Cousins hasn't shown anything? Dafuq? We still only won 30 games? How long was Cousins here?

And why do people on message boards think they have a pulse on player sentiment in the league? It's often quite the opposite of what fans think. Players have all sorts of inside info fans and bloggers have no privy to.

Trade 2018 1st for George to get dem Bird rights
    Extend Jrue Holiday and move to SG
    Salary dump Asik, Ajinca, and Moore or Hill
    Break the cap for John Wall in 2018
    Extend DC and Paul George with bird rights after signing Wall

Demarcus Cousin
    Anthony Davis
    Paul George
    Jrue Holiday
    John Wall

Not 6 Not 7... BUT NEVER GONNA HAPPEN IN A MILLION YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    None of what you typed here make ANY sense. At all.

Cousins hasn't shown anything? Dafuq? We still only won 30 games? How long was Cousins here?

And why do people on message boards think they have a pulse on player sentiment in the league? It's often quite the opposite of what fans think. Players have all sorts of inside info fans and bloggers have no privy to.
    Like I hear "Think players want any part of our ownership situation?"

I'm being honest here...maybe McNamara can chime in. But do players give two craps about ownership if they aren't super active in the management aspect like Mark Cuban or Jerry Jones? Or they're a big name like Magic Johnson?

Coaching, facilities, even the state of the city are valid, if the latter is overblown I think. But ownership is irrelevant far as I figure. Team is in a far better place than when Chris Paul was traded, that's not even in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What's the harm? Some one gets their hopes up and then gets disappointed?

What if Klay decides he wants to go somewhere?
    I was hoping during the season he would get pissed at Green and at the same time be unhappy as 3rd wheel. Didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    Just got insight on CP3's destination this offseason. A few weeks ago, i was informed and eventually shared on this website that he would be going to either SA or HOU. As of today, my source believes Houston is he leader. Please take this information with a grain of salt...
    Hmm...interesting post.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    Hmm...interesting post.
    Are you seriously trying to get a pat on the back or something? Lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Are you seriously trying to get a pat on the back or something? Lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    i

No, I gave it to myself already. Thanks for offering though. (Edit)
    Last edited by aas3452; 06-28-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Thread Information