Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Name the next...

Off Topic Name the next...

Name the next soft (KD)or ring chasing (D.West, Zaza) player that will join the Warriors.

1. Miss me with the "soft" narrative for KD.

2. I'm ecstatic for David West as he's been a true professional and played a vital role on this Warriors team. Congratulations to him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im ok with D.West and Zaza. Guys at the tail end of their careers. Durant is the 2nd best player in his prime. No way he should run to the team that bested him. ***** move!

Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post

2. I'm ecstatic for David West as he's been a true professional and played a vital role on this Warriors team. Congratulations to him!

How could he miss you with it when you chose to read it

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

KD is soft for that move. IDC what anyone says, that's a coward move, and if I had a son or daughter I would never be an advocate for that. Never said he is a soft guy though, although he comes off hella sensative and conflicted, that move was soft as hell that I will NEVER respect.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

If I had a job with a small firm where I some great opportunities to grow it would still be hard for me to pass up the chance to work for a larger firm that is a known brand, and will providence similar opportunities, while not requiring me to do as much work. That's just me though, so I won't fault KD for his move. He did what was best for him and his family.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If I had a job with a small firm where I some great opportunities to grow it would still be hard for me to pass up the chance to work for a larger firm that is a known brand, and will providence similar opportunities, while not requiring me to do as much work. That's just me though, so I won't fault KD for his move. He did what was best for him and his family.
    I have no problem with what KD did. Same as anybody else. You are one of the best and you want to win go where that is destined to happen.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    KD is soft for that move. IDC what anyone says, that's a coward move, and if I had a son or daughter I would never be an advocate for that. Never said he is a soft guy though, although he comes off hella sensative and conflicted, that move was soft as hell that I will NEVER respect.
    I just don't understand how it's viewed as soft.

Despite the 7 game series they lost to the Warriors last year, I think the Thunder were regressing, not progressing.

They traded James Harden and he's blossomed into a superstar on the Rockets. Then, weeks before free agency began in 2016, they traded Serge Ibaka. I understand they added Oladipo and Serge was getting frustrated with his role. However, I can make the argument that Russ/Harden/Durant/Ibaka is a better 4 than the current Warriors. Either way it's close. After battling with them, THEY (the Warriors) recruited him (Durant) and he chose to change teams. It was no secret that Russ' style clashes a bit with KD, but despite this fact they were still formidable. In no scenario should KD not be the focal point of your team. Westbrook is a top 10 player, but Durant is top 2.

If he stays with OKC, and the organization continues to make the moves they've made, he may NEVER win a championship. Barkley, Malone, Payton, Stockton, Ewing, Miller ALL were GREAT players that played the peak of their careers (are all of it) with the same franchise, only to come up short of winning championships at the end. Right, wrong or indifferent the number of rings great players have is an indication of "legend". Durant decided to try and control the narrative and he accomplished his goal.

Despite the 7 game series they lost to the Warriors last year, I think the Thunder were regressing, not progressing.

They traded James Harden and he's blossomed into a superstar on the Rockets. Then, weeks before free agency began in 2016, they traded Serge Ibaka. I understand they added Oladipo and Serge was getting frustrated with his role. However, I can make the argument that Russ/Harden/Durant/Ibaka is a better 4 than the current Warriors. Either way it's close. After battling with them, THEY (the Warriors) recruited him (Durant) and he chose to change teams. It was no secret that Russ' style clashes a bit with KD, but despite this fact they were still formidable. In no scenario should KD not be the focal point of your team. Westbrook is a top 10 player, but Durant is top 2.

If he stays with OKC, and the organization continues to make the moves they've made, he may NEVER win a championship. Barkley, Malone, Payton, Stockton, Ewing, Miller ALL were GREAT players that played the peak of their careers (are all of it) with the same franchise, only to come up short of winning championships at the end. Right, wrong or indifferent the number of rings great players have is an indication of "legend". Durant decided to try and control the narrative and he accomplished his goal.

You mean besides joining a team that were the favorites to win it all before he even signed? It is the ole saying if you can't beat them join them. Which makes him weak.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    You mean besides joining a team that were the favorites to win it all before he even signed? It is the ole saying if you can't beat them join them. Which makes him weak.
    Also to add, that 7 game series him and Russel was in with the warriors they were up 3-1, due to KD and the OKC bigs, who the warriors had a struggle with, and KD choked those games away. Basically played like a shell of himself when they had the 73-10 warriors number. But KD couldn't handle the pressure as the lead dog which was a sign of mental weakness. To top it all off, OKC signed oladipo who was supposed to add perimeter defense and adding scoring in the backcourt for KD and Russ, and the Stash brothers. But boom, what does KD does? Leaves that team who was actually designed to beat the freaking warriors and join them to make them better. Literally crap in every way.

I don't wanna hear about any riddles, and other life scenarios to match what that was, it was a lame move man. And can we please stop comparing sports to real life events like firms, chosing one woman over another, or companies etc? This is about a competitive sport that grown men play.

That's the problem with the new generation, people wanna rationalize sucker stuff because statistically it's the right thing to do. Statistically the right thing to do financially is to skip college and start a pyramid scheme to swindle investors by finding"possible" loopholes in the law and legal book. See how silly it is to compare things to sports?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

That's the problem with the new generation, people wanna rationalize sucker stuff because statistically it's the right thing to do. Statistically the right thing to do financially is to skip college and start a pyramid scheme to swindle investors by finding"possible" loopholes in the law and legal book. See how silly it is to compare things to sports?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also to add, that 7 game series him and Russel was in with the warriors they were up 3-1, due to KD and the OKC bigs, who the warriors had a struggle with, and KD choked those games away. Basically played like a shell of himself when they had the 73-10 warriors number. But KD couldn't handle the pressure as the lead dog which was a sign of mental weakness. To top it all off, OKC signed oladipo who was supposed to add perimeter defense and adding scoring in the backcourt for KD and Russ, and the Stash brothers. But boom, what does KD does? Leaves that team who was actually designed to beat the freaking warriors and join them to make them better. Literally crap in every way.

I don't wanna hear about any riddles, and other life scenarios to match what that was, it was a lame move man. And can we please stop comparing sports to real life events like firms, chosing one woman over another, or companies etc? This is about a competitive sport that grown men play.

Silverfoxx has dropped the mic.

This is about a competitive sport that grown men play.
    Unfortunately it is not just that. It is a business and the employee/player is able to choose where he works/plays.

Name the next...

I don't have a problem with KD leaving OKC. I have a problem with where he went. KD didn't want to compete, he wanted to win a ring. That's the definition of being soft.

You can argue free choice and all that other stuff but it's all irrelevant. No one is saying KD can't go where he wants. But he sure has heck has no grounds to brag or pound his chest either. He is weak mentally and did a coward's move.

Not to mention that he is a hypocrite as he was totally against super teams when Lebron went to Miami. Since he did it everyone is "hating". Good for him winning a ring. He will never be seen in the same light of Magic, Isaiah, Bird or Jordan. Those guys would never join super teams to win.

Banned
    Guys I think the priorities of some players is to compete for a Championship.
    Davis could be the next player in 2 years to make the move.
    Cousins will definitely jump if the Pelicans don't make any forward progress.
    I see Cousins being at a position in his career to look for change.
    Davis on the other hand knows he was drafted in New Orleans and is the Franchise of the Pelicans so he has some loyalty.
    Let's see what happens on July 7.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 06-14-2017 at 12:02 PM.

You and I remember that series differently. KD didn't choke in any way in the last 3 games of that series. He struggled in game 6 (he and Russ did) but played well in games 5 and 7. Now Russ struggled again in game 7 and Steph went nuts but to blame that series loss on Durant is not factual.

Also, the Russ/KD dynamic is real, whether it ever becomes fully public or not. The offense OKC ran and how Russ dominated the basketball at times was counter to what they should be doing.

You disagree with the move? Good, argue the basketball points on why. Trying to evaluate the psyche of a player and questioning his mental make-up just doesn't fit because we don't know what drove him to the GSW.

What's ironic about the last paragraph in your post is that you argue against rationalizing the right thing to do?! Huh? So if something is the right play, don't do it because it "sucker stuff"?

SO by your logic David West, ZaZa, and players like Will Purdue, Ron Harper, Derek Fisher, and Kurt Rambis are all more legend than Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Ewing, Payton, and Miller whose only fault was they played in the era of JORDAN, not the wonder twin powers activate...form of a championship ring...see we are legends because we decided so era.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Dare I say CP3? He needs it the most.

The ring whore got his ring

Basketball Guru
    KD leaving OKC and going anywhere else and people would not have a problem with him leaving OKC......KD going to GS was a weak move...a super star like him going to GS was a weak ****** move.......on a side note,,if it come out in the future that he has a bad foot that he figure may hold him back from being 100% and competing at a high level then i would understand and respect his move to GS to win a title....

It's hilarious to me that people get so mad at KD. He went out and accomplished what he wanted to do. If it was right or wrong is a matter of opinion. I wish some top players would take pay cuts to come play for the Pelicans to win a title.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    SO by your logic David West, ZaZa, and players like Will Purdue, Ron Harper, Derek Fisher, and Kurt Rambis are all more legend than Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Ewing, Payton, and Miller whose only fault was they played in the era of JORDAN, not the wonder twin powers activate...form of a championship ring...see we are legends because we decided so era.
    Yes, this is exactly what I said and precisely what I mean. Zaza Pachulia is more of a legend than Charles Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93 View Post
    Dare I say CP3? He needs it the most.
    Ooh, now THIS would be an interesting discussion. Say CP3 joins the Cavs or Spurs. Does the same narrative follow him?

Ooh, now THIS would be an interesting discussion. Say CP3 joins the Cavs or Spurs. Does the same narrative follow him?

Yes CP3 would be a sell out too if he joined the Cavs

Thread Information