Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Trade For Melo...Land CP3?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Good GOD no to melo. He will probably go to Cleveland.
    Best place him, really. He'd do well next to LeBron. Not like they have some flowing offensive system anyway.

Can we trade for Klay... Let Jrue go. Get Lowry or somehow get Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Can we trade for Klay... Let Jrue go. Get Lowry or somehow get Wall.
    Lol and how would we do that???
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Or, trade for Eric Beldsoe + Sign Rudy Gay + CJ Miles. Ride out the season and make the playoffs. Re-sign Boogie, and then make a push for Westbrook if he opts out of his option. Or, make a push for Wall in two years when he becomes a FA?

At that point, we can move EBled to the 2---The dude can shoot and get to the paint. Mini Lebron.

Plus, y'all don't think having Bledsoe on the team would, at the very least, entice Wall to come join the squad since we have two of his former college teammates (Boogie and Ebled) and his good friend (AD) as well?

For Wall, think of it as, "We weren't able accomplish our goal in college (championship), but now that we are all back on the same team, let's go win a ring, together."

Kentucky Pelicans. LOL.

I'm just saying, a roster like this would challenge/beat the Warriors:

PG-Wall
    SG-Bledsoe
    SF-Gay or Whoever
    PF-AD
    C-Cousins

I can dream.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 06-04-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    I can dream.
    Yeah with both hands lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Lol and how would we do that???
    Asik for Klay, and Hill for Wall.

I mean, duh! I shouldn't have to point out the obvious like that.

And then the best part will be when poor little Kevin Durant sees Klay leave and gets so scared even his security blanket can't calm his anxiety, and signs with the Pels for the minimum looking for an even freer ride.

Does anyone know if Q pon even has a chance to play ball again? Interested and surprised none of the media has talked about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Does anyone know if Q pon even has a chance to play ball again? Interested and surprised none of the media has talked about it.
    Yes. He is supposed to be ready for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Asik for Klay, and Hill for Wall.

I mean, duh! I shouldn't have to point out the obvious like that.

And then the best part will be when poor little Kevin Durant sees Klay leave and gets so scared even his security blanket can't calm his anxiety, and signs with the Pels for the minimum looking for an even freer ride.
    You must be trolling.... because we easily get Lebron for AA and Asik alone

I take this trade idea back...I'd rather us go younger.

For those who are knowledgeable in regards to our cap situation...Anyone knows if we have the cap space to sign 1-2 of the following players after the 17-18 season ASSUMING everyone opts out of their player option/ETO:

Yes, I put Boogie on this list (since he'll be an UFA), and yes, I know a-lot of these players will probably re-sign with their team...but...

2018:
    Lebron James: SF
    Carmelo Anthony: SF
    Russell Westbrook: PG
    Paul George: SF
    Demcarcus Cousins: C
    Andrew Wiggins: SF

2019:
    John Wall: PG
    Kawhi Leondard: SF
    James Harden: SG
    Jimmy Butler: SF
    Klay Thompson: SG
    Karl-Anthony Towns: C
    Harrison Barnes: SF
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 06-06-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Here's the hope...

Boogie and AD make a nice playoff run next year, and Boogie resigns summer of 2018. Meanwhile, Washington misses the playoffs or is bounced in first round.

In 2018 Boogie and AD take another step forward and make it to WCF. Meanwhile, Wizards crap the bed again and miss the playoffs or get bounced in the first round.

Then I think everyone will not only expect John Wall to leave the Wizards, but I think most in the national media would put the Pelicans as favorites to land him. He'd be giving up a lot of money to leave Wizards, and Pelicans would have to be able clear a max slot for him, but that's the best case scenario for landing 2 of the players on that list.

It would require John Wall passing on the supermax though right?

I'm not sure any player will turn down that type of money.

I of course would be all on board if it's possible

Nobody will turn down a super max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    i wonder what is westbrook thinking now that KD left OKC and won a title.......could westbrook be talked into coming to new orleans after seeing KD win series MVP and maybe 2 rings....or is westbrook thinking about going to the lakers and teaming with PG13 and Ball and try to make something happen there......

Banned
    I think Westbrook is thinking of getting DC to OKC.
    Russell is not going anywhere.
    It was mentioned thru multiple sources DC said he would like to play with a Point Guard like Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    I think Westbrook is thinking of getting DC to OKC.
    Russell is not going anywhere.
    It was mentioned thru multiple sources DC said he would like to play with a Point Guard like Westbrook.

1. Do you mind possibly provide me links to these multiple sources that says DC wants to play with a PG like Westbrook? Which if even that is true, why would he try to get DC to come to OKC when Westbrook can come here and play with BOTH DC and AD (who, by the way, is Westbrook's great friend...Which I do have links to show you if requested).

2. How do you know Russell isn't going anywhere? He would rather recruit DC to come to OKC and have a pair of superstars than come to NO and have THREE superstars?
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 06-07-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Banned
    Sorry I don't keep links to stories on my bookmark.
    I did hear it mentioned during a OKC game by the commentators and read it in a news rag not sure which one?
    This was before the All Star break when everyone knew DC was getting shopped around the league.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It would require John Wall passing on the supermax though right?

I'm not sure any player will turn down that type of money.

I of course would be all on board if it's possible
    Do you have to be All NBA to qualify for the super max? I think you will eventually have players who turn it down. But it will be a player stuck on small market team that isn't winning.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Do you have to be All NBA to qualify for the super max? I think you will eventually have players who turn it down. But it will be a player stuck on small market team that isn't winning.
    I believe he qualifies because 1. He is entering his 8th season 2. He has one year left on his contract 3. He made All-NBA 3rd team this year and 4. He has never changed teams.

The All-NBA requirement is either making an All-NBA team the year leading into the extension OR the 2 prior years. DPOY and MVP are other determinative factors, but not relevant to this discussion.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 06-07-2017 at 07:24 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Sorry I don't keep links to stories on my bookmark.
    I did hear it mentioned during a OKC game by the commentators and read it in a news rag not sure which one?
    This was before the All Star break when everyone knew DC was getting shopped around the league.
    I know speaking your biggest fears into existence may seem like it may lighten the blow of it happening, but it won't. Don't lose hope man. Here is the truth, we all don't know where this team will be, but one thing for sure is that Boogie is not going to OKC, let's just let this offseason play out before we scream the sky is falling all the time.

And btw the article with Boogie playing with Russell is outdated, and not a strong one. Tbh you are the only person on all forums (I visit 4 Pelicans forums) that even believe this is happening. Go on a OKC forum now and they don't even bring upBoogie.

So relax man, everything is going be ok
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I know speaking your biggest fears into existence may seem like it may lighten the blow of it happening, but it won't. Don't lose hope man. Here is the truth, we all don't know where this team will be, but one thing for sure is that Boogie is not going to OKC, let's just let this offseason play out before we scream the sky is falling all the time.

And btw the article with Boogie playing with Russell is outdated, and not a strong one. Tbh you are the only person on all forums (I visit 4 Pelicans forums) that even believe this is happening. Go on a OKC forum now and they don't even bring upBoogie.

So relax man, everything is going be ok
    You know he's just trolling right? He doesn't actually believe any of that nonsense.

Yes. He is supposed to be ready for the season.
    exactly what I have heard recently
    and one year ago
    and two years ago

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I believe he qualifies because 1. He is entering his 8th season 2. He has one year left on his contract 3. He made All-NBA 3rd team this year and 4. He has never changed teams.

The All-NBA requirement is either making an All-NBA team the year leading into the extension OR the 2 prior years. DPOY and MVP are other determinative factors, but not relevant to this discussion.
    Thank you for answering. I just noticed I missed his question.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    exactly what I have heard recently
    and one year ago
    and two years ago
    Yep. Maybe he will be ready maybe he won't. As of now he is supposed to be ready.

In the last interview Dell gave a week or so ago he said they were bringing Q in and getting him on the court.

Dude has definitely had some bad luck with how his injury recovery had happened. This is why you never play with a serious injury.

Yep. Maybe he will be ready maybe he won't. As of now he is supposed to be ready.

In the last interview Dell gave a week or so ago he said they were bringing Q in and getting him on the court.

Dude has definitely had some bad luck with how his injury recovery had happened. This is why you never play with a serious injury.
    and even if he does make it back, I'd be keeping expectations very low. while his voice may help with the team, two years away is going to leave a lot of rust.

Thread Information