Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Replacements for Jrue

Replacements for Jrue

IMO Jrue is as good as gone. He wants a big payday and the FO doesn't want to pay him more than AD. He views himself as a true point and the coaching staff wants him to play off ball. He wants to play with his brother the team may not be willing to commit to salary to just keep Jrue happy. The FO also wants a decision soon so they can mull their options to talk to other candidates if Jrue decides to leave and Jrue wants to take his time. I think when Free Agency starts and Jrue still hasn't made a commitment you move on and talk to other candidate. You don't sit around waiting on Jrue and miss other opportunities.

CP3- FA, It's a pipe dream

Fit- Our dreams come true

Kyle Lowry - FA, Unlikely to come here. He want to get paid upwards of 30 mil and is already 32 and want to win. It hard to sell him here on both of those requirements.

Bledsoe- Trade (Value mid to high) A lot of teams would like to trade for Bledsoe but I'm suspecting they won't want to give up much for him. Towards the end of the season for the Suns he was benched to put the ball in Booker hands more. Book thrived in that role and suns will probably be likely to move him to continue to grow with their young talent.

Fit- Not the best fit we need shooters but his driving ability and ability to push the ball fit to what Gentry is looking for.

Rubio- Trade (value low to mid) Pass first pg who's a great defender. Thibs doesn't seem to be a fan of his games and has been mulling trades for him since taking the Wolves job.

Fit- Again we need shooter to space he floor but he would thrive in getting the ball to AD and DC in the right spots. This is something Jrue had major struggles with.

Mills- FA (Obtainable) More than likely he stays in San Antonio, the only way he leaves if the Spurs get CP3.

Fit He's a great fit with Fitch having boogie used to run the offense he's what we need in a pg. A smart player who won and a great shooter.

Lin- Trade (will have to over pay to get him) BK seems dedicated to hold on to Lin and build with him so more than likely he doesn't go anywhere.

Fit- Exactly what we need, can push the ball, shoot the 3, and a decent passer.

1-6

Mills has been an intriguing target for a while, particularly now if we're content with running the offense through our two bigs. But how much he ends up getting in FA is one of the bigger question marks to me. Somewhere between 10-15m would be my guess, given how much Delly went for, and the relative weakness of the FA class. Not to mention that range slightly exceeds the expected MLE, which the Spurs might be forced to use depending on what direction they go in with their roster. As it currently stands, they aren't operating under a ton of flexibility unless they decide to move a contract like a Danny Green or Tony Parker.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 05-24-2017 at 08:26 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Scratch the following off your list:

Rubio
    Lin
    Mills

They would be no good in our system. No point in getting a pass first guard when we have no outside shooter to create space.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

Rubio
    Lin
    Mills

They would be no good in our system. No point in getting a pass first guard when we have no outside shooter to create space.
    Neither Mills nor Lin are pass first PG's.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'd like Jrue's replacement to be Brandon Knight and we shouldn't have to give up much to get him. If they're running the point through Boogie, Knight is a really good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I'd like Jrue's replacement to be Brandon Knight and we shouldn't have to give up much to get him. If they're running the point through Boogie, Knight is a really good fit.
    Knight makes every team he plays on worse. Asik for Knight is the only trade I do.

Rubio
    Lin
    Mills

Lin and Mills are good shooters? All three of those guys would be great in our system. You really don't know what you're talking about.

Deadly shooter from painted. Likes ice-skating.

If only CP3 commits to the spurs - I see the world where Mills is available.
    I like Lin and Rubio.

My problem with them is that we will have to give up a first rounder.

Lin is virtually expiring...

Well one thing in our favor is this draft is heavy on PG's so a lot of the teams that may be in the market for a point could look to draft one instead of paying big for guys like Mills, Collison, Lawson, Hill, Teague etc. If that happens then we should be able to find one at a reasonable price if we're offering up a starter spot.

Rubio
    Lin
    Mills

Can't tell if you are intentionally joking or do not follow many of the players you comment about. You called Rubio a "chucker" and now calling Lin and Mills "pass first" guards.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post

Deadly shooter from painted. Likes ice-skating.

If only CP3 commits to the spurs - I see the world where Mills is available.
    I like Lin and Rubio.

My problem with them is that we will have to give up a first rounder.

Lin is virtually expiring...
    This was funny. But there is also a good highlight video of Knight. I won't judge based on either video.

Marcus Smart? I think he could end up being the odd man out in Boston if they keep the pick. He could be one of those guys that needs minutes to produce, and we've got minutes!

What about Jordan Clarkson? I think he is a very good option. Rudy Fernandez is other option.

Or we can put our eyes in europe leagues and bring cheaper options like:
    Milos Teodosic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmWHYSJ5PM0

Facundo Campazzo

Edwin Jackson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mi9mhke-40
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

Clarkson plays little to no defense.
    has a long term (4 years) 12,5-13,4/year deal

I don't like those one-sided players. but he might be obtainable.

Rudy is already 32. He probably won't come into NBA. Where he failed...
    Teodosic will come this summer to the NBA. To the franchise offering s5 and big contract. But he is another player without defense. But elite in offense.
    Campazzo is on the NBA radar for years (f.e. Rockets). He wants to part ways with Real Madrid. He might be available. Decent player.
    Jackson is scoring machine in Spain. He is expected to jump into NBA soon like Mindaugas Kuzminskas and Malcolm Delaney.

I guarantee you that Dell knows players playing in Europe.
    I see one of those players going to NO.

In Europe best players get 3-5 millions.
    Many of them might be interested even for guaranteed minimum...

Clarkson plays little to no defense.
    has a long term (4 years) 12,5-13,4/year deal

I don't like those one-sided players. but he might be obtainable.

Rudy is already 32. He probably won't come into NBA. Where he failed...
    Teodosic will come this summer to the NBA. To the franchise offering s5 and big contract. But he is another player without defense. But elite in offense.
    Campazzo is on the NBA radar for years (f.e. Rockets). He wants to part ways with Real Madrid. He might be available. Decent player.
    Jackson is scoring machine in Spain. He is expected to jump into NBA soon like Mindaugas Kuzminskas and Malcolm Delaney.

I guarantee you that Dell knows players playing in Europe.
    I see one of those players going to NO.

In Europe best players get 3-5 millions.
    Many of them might be interested even for guaranteed minimum...
    How do you know one of these players are going to NO? We have alot of competition
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I said that I can see such a player.
    Type Roberts or Ayon.

Pels have couple International scouts. Dell has contacts in Europe.
    There is such a possibility.

Dell was multiple times in Europe. Only this calendar year.
    MM mentioned that Patric Young is a possibility.
    Also one of Pels scout has headquarters in Israel.

So at least he has options.

OMG WHEN DID MM MENTION PATRIC YOUNG? I miss my guy man! Please bring King Kong back for summer league.

What's your take on Jonah Bolden?

Basketball Guru
    jeff teague....can do all the things that jrue does but better....jeff also get to the FT line a lot....not scared to take over a game....make big shots in tight games....

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I think Bolden is a pretty good call...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    jeff teague....can do all the things that jrue does but better....jeff also get to the FT line a lot....not scared to take over a game....make big shots in tight games....
    Can he be had though?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Patric Young was mentioned by MM on his tweeter account.

Bolden - I like Bolden. He is Aussie ( ). played a year at UCLA (he sat one year, played only as sophomore). He developed in Serbia in Adriatic League. It is not the best league in Europe, but is respected.
    he was named best prospect of this league. Plays both forward position (mostly PF). he gets 13pts-7reb. He is smart. Really smart. Can shoot 3s

He is 21 and 6'10''. 47th in last DX mock.

Good prospect.
    Have little doubt about his playing time in NO. AD/DMC/Diallo/ maybe Dante

and also he is a player like Patric Young (size, position). So don't see Pels going after both of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Can he be had though?
    I hope...In my opinion if Jrue leaves and Patty Mills stays at the Spurs. He is one of the best/realistic options.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Can he be had though?
    The better question might be can George Hill be had? Because lesser talent, but perfect roleplayer in every way for what is needed, especially if Chris Finch is coming and making cousins a 7 foot PG anyway.

And Darren Collison just has to loom as a natural fallback. Former Pel/Hornet, friend of Cousins, and he might well come much cheaper than the rest, leaving money to help other positions.

Thread Information