Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Reports: T-Wolves targeting D.Rose

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Multiple Reports: T-Wolves targeting D.Rose

Makes for an awfully crowded PG position. Rubio odd man out IMO. Rose to be the bridge for Dunn?

I just don't understand them trying so hard to get rid of Rubio

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I just don't understand them trying so hard to get rid of Rubio
    Because he is overhyped here, not that good of a player.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Haven't seen people over hype him just that he'd be the perfect pg for this team which he would be

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

If the idea is to run a system similar to Denver with Cousins and AD initiating the offense then I see Rubio as a much lower need. We need shooters and cutters.

Denver was a top offense with Jokic (sp?) and a bunch of secondary players. Add some shooters and I simply see no way We aren't top 10 or even top 5 in offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If the idea is to run a system similar to Denver with Cousins and AD initiating the offense then I see Rubio as a much lower need. We need shooters and cutters.

Denver was a top offense with Jokic (sp?) and a bunch of secondary players. Add some shooters and I simply see no way We aren't top 10 or even top 5 in offense.
    Rubio is a good defender. Find me a Shoot first PG that can guard the opposing point. AVAILABLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Rubio is a good defender. Find me a Shoot first PG that can guard the opposing point. AVAILABLE.
    Patty Mills (Cp3 is going to the Spurs)

OK . I like Mills. As far as CP3 going to the Spurs- Is Parker retiring due to injury? If not, Is it CP or Parker coming off the bench?

Thank you!!!

Rubio is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Thank you!!!

Rubio is trash.
    Rubio, while maybe not the best fit here, is decidedly not trash.

Your in depth analysis of your position is mind blowing . Thanks for the input .

You may want to check into the ole salary cap issue.

That's why to me Jrue is the best option of free agents available. He has size to defend other bigger guards and some sf so the won't be a mismatch on defense. He can knock down the three and get to the hole. My only knock on him was that he is turnover prone but this style offense takes the ball out of his hands some and allows our bigs to innitate the offense. Plus is you compliment him with a competent shooting guard he doesn't have to do all the creating on the perimeter. Last year before we got Crawford, Jrue was our only real creator from the outside and the only good guard we had in pick and roll. Give him help to get the ball out of his hands a lil and he can flourish.
    Last edited by AIP504; 05-24-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Patty mills is not a full time point guard, he is too small and not athletic enough. He is a great spark plug off the bench and can play valuable minutes but not a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Rubio, while maybe not the best fit here, is decidedly not trash.
    A guard that can't shoot in the nba is about as useful as water bucket that leaks.

I've been thinking about that more, and came to the same conclusion. A Mills-type of player can more than satisfy the Jameer Nelson-role in that scenario, granted we would still need more cutters via our other additions.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 05-24-2017 at 06:56 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

A guard that can't shoot in the nba is about as useful as water bucket that leaks.
    Yeah, sure! Chicago found out just how "NOT important" Rondo was.

Shooting is a skill of increased need, but it's by no means quintessential. That's what the other players on the floor are for.

Because Jrue is overhyped here, not that good of a player.
    Fixed
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Multiple Reports: T-Wolves targeting D.Rose

I don't want a shoot 1st guard. Just a guy who can hit the shot. The offense needs to go through AD and Cousins.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 05-24-2017 at 07:50 PM.

I don't want a shoot 1st guard. Just a guy who can hit the shot. The offense needs to go through AD and Cousins.
    Who is ????

Minus the DUI, what's your thought on tossing a few bucks towards KCP? Detroit's QO is just under 4 million. I honestly think the would consider parting ways w/ him. Really good athlete. Adequate shooter, long and aggressive.

Minus the DUI, what's your thought on tossing a few bucks towards KCP? Detroit's QO is just under 4 million. I honestly think the would consider parting ways w/ him. Really good athlete. Adequate shooter, long and aggressive.
    He's getting a max. Probably not worth it, but it's going to happen: age, athleticism, 3&D prototype, market, incompetent GM...the components are there.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 05-24-2017 at 08:28 PM.

I don't know enough about him to make an assessment. I can probably be talked into a lot of players at this point if they can hit a shot and play at a position 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Shooting is a skill of increased need, but it's by no means quintessential. That's what the other players on the floor are for.
    That doesn't {edited - veiled language} work in the NBA at a championship level. Your starting group needs to be able to shoot efficiently. Rubio is a terrible shooter and cost Wolves several games because he is a chucker. A bad one at that.

Thread Information