Pelicans Report

Thread: A closer look at how finch will use Boogie in our offense, a comparison to Jokic:

Pelicans A closer look at how finch will use Boogie in our offense, a comparison to Jokic:

EDIT: Finch isn't official yet, but I have a feeling they will bring him on after some of Gentry's comments about our system needing to slow down.

Check out this breakdown of Jokic in Denver and why he has been so effective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjW1ILaU5Y4

This is how Boogie will likely function in our offense next season with Chris Finch if we do bring him on. He's an offensively minded center, like Jokic, and most importantly, he has a gift for passing. Personally, I'm more hyped than ever about Cousins if this happens, especially after people questioned whether we would even be able to use him properly with Gentry.

Credit goes to BSS for their article on Assistant Coach Chris Finch and BBallbreakdown's Jokic Analysis.
    Last edited by Denza; 05-25-2017 at 12:47 AM.

I don't see Gentry changing his entire offense all at once just because Finch was brought on. However, I do see some plays focused on Finch's style.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I don't see Gentry changing his entire offense all at once just because Finch was brought on. However, I do see some plays focused on Finch's style.
    Right. Gentry isn't gonna throw his system out the window. We will incorporate some of Finch's ideas, but that's not going to be our entire offense.

Has Finch even signed with the team yet?

Gentry had an interview acknowledging that his system won't work for the two big guys and we need to look at a slower pace. Besides, I didn't say he would "throw out his whole offense out the window." This is probably why they are looking to bring in Finch. I think Finch signs and shifts our offense so that we see more distribution coming from bigs than previous seasons.

Didn't kushner confirm that finch was signed and replaced pack? Why are y'all saying he's not signed yet? http://http://www.theadvocate.com/ne...61f823d93.html

I just don't think AD or DC have that same instinct or flare like Jokic does.

Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    Didn't kushner confirm that finch was signed and replaced pack? Why are y'all saying he's not signed yet? http://http://www.theadvocate.com/ne...61f823d93.html
    Not officially yet, but it would be true #PelsLife if Finch backs out at the last minute.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Denza View Post
    Gentry had an interview acknowledging that his system won't work for the two big guys and we need to look at a slower pace. Besides, I didn't say he would "throw out his whole offense out the window." This is probably why they are looking to bring in Finch. I think Finch signs and shifts our offense so that we see more distribution coming from bigs than previous seasons.

well if this happens then gentry will be handing over his head coaching job to finch...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Not officially yet, but it would be true #PelsLife if Finch backs out at the last minute.
    lol i doubt that happens

Sam Mitchell candidate emerges for assistant coach . Maybe Finch is backing out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Sam Mitchell candidate emerges for assistant coach . Maybe Finch is backing out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Negative. Sam will potentially replace Phil Weber

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I just don't think AD or DC have that same instinct or flare like Jokic does.
    Instinct or flare? Explain.

Thread Information