Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Mav's going after Jrue

Really think that Dante expect s5?

He knows his limitations. He is typical 6-9th man in the roster.
    Nobody will guarantee him s5.

Three years ago he was almost out of the league.

He just want to be paid.
    He is 30. It will be the biggest 3-4 year payment for him....

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I feel like unless Dante gets a substantial offer then we really need to bring him back. His wing shooting is really needed. He is also a great backup for the type of bigs we have since he can also guard a 4 and stretch the floor.

I almost hesitated...scratch that, I DID hesitate to even raise this possibility and thus did not, but now I'm going to go there...

If Cunningham really is looking to be paid silly money for a player of his talent, could/should the Pels be the team to investigate this as an alternative?:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...530-story.html

I know. I know. But you gotta admit. Cunningham on roids if he actually had talent. Talent, bring that championship cachet...and he just might keel over and collapse on the floor at any moment, which could add dramatic interest to even the drabbest game in the dead of winter.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Mav's going after Jrue

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    I almost hesitated...scratch that, I DID hesitate to even raise this possibility and thus did not, but now I'm going to go there...

If Cunningham really is looking to be paid silly money for a player of his talent, could/should the Pels be the team to investigate this as an alternative?:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...530-story.html

I know. I know. But you gotta admit. Cunningham on roids if he actually had talent. Talent, bring that championship cachet...and he just might keel over and collapse on the floor at any moment, which could add dramatic interest to even the drabbest game in the dead of winter.
    I think you do it. Even if he never plays a game and wears the Quincy Pondexter Memorial Blazer for 82 straight games, what better mentor for two non traditional bigs than the perennially underrated Bosh. Give him the opportunity to play and when the doctors say no give him his first opportunity to jump start his post basketball life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Kings just let Anthony Tolliver go. Another good possibility if Cunningham wants too much. Ultimate experienced roleplaying vet, liked Cousins a lot, designated 3pt shooter/stretch 4.

Thread Information