Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mav's going after Jrue

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    MCNamara brain dead insult about New Orleans is typical. Jefferson & St. Tammany have some of the top rated public schools in the country. And BTW also have some of the lowest crime rates in the country. Again, McNamara has diarrhea of the mouth, which in turn makes him sound like an ignorant piece of crap. Hey, MM , keep your desperate interloping Arse in Utah.
    Rich people can find "good" schools and safe living spaces in any city in the world. I respect MM more than most here, but that's a really ignorant point to make about multi-millionaire.

I can flat out tell you guys I am gonna troll, then troll, and you still react

Fascinating
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Fascinating
    That's about what it's boiled down to for you,MM . The difference is, you WERE trolling under the veil of being an insider & having deeper knowledge than anyone else. Now you are trolling because most have finally discovered that you are a ************ & no one gives a crap about what you post. Life must be miserably lonely, being that you have stooped to doing what you whined and moaned about others doing when they disagreed with you. Either that or you insulted those that didn't express the same opinion as you. Most already knew you were a self righteous, pompous, know-it-all . Now, we all know that you are those things and a tall skinny punk that has had his feelings hurt because his opinion has become null & void. So, go back to the other 4 NBA team sites that you frequent, with your same "I have insiders & I know it all Schtick" They will soon catch on, also. Goofball!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    I don't see Jrue wanting to play for the Pelicans next season.
    He talks with other players often and he sees the overall big picture.
    I am sure Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson opened his eyes about playing for a chance at the title with a big time ball club.
    Expect Jrue to weigh his options leaning towards a playoff team

Houston had about as much chance to compete for a title as the Brooklyn Nets did + 0%

and Houston looked great all year.

Are they waaay better than us? Yes.

Which team could realistically beat Golden State next year??? neither but our upside is better

How is talking trash about an entire city on a basketball forum considered trolling? Seems more like bigotry to me.

Trolling is what Buckwheat is doing.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 05-27-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Fascinating
    I didn't get the memo. Or understand the point. If people aren't here to discuss in good faith what's the point of wasting time even coming here. I guess I don't take all this serious enough to be angered by trolling and don't understand why anybody would.

Banned
    Houston had about as much chance to compete for a title as the Brooklyn Nets did

Sorry but you are missing the big picture.
    The Pelicans have NEVER WON 50+ games period.
    There is no upside as you think. What fighting for a 8 seed?
    The Rockets have superior coaching compared to the Pelicans.
    I sit and watch these games in 112 so I get a birds eye view of the Pelicans bench.
    I am a fan of the game not biased for any club although I want my home team to be competitive no doubt.
    I feel until we get a Point Guard not Jrue Holiday which he has proven his skill set cannot get it done we as a unit will under perform.

Houston had about as much chance to compete for a title as the Brooklyn Nets did

Sorry but you are missing the big picture.
    The Pelicans have NEVER WON 50+ games period.
    There is no upside as you think. What fighting for a 8 seed?
    The Rockets have superior coaching compared to the Pelicans.
    I sit and watch these games in 112 so I get a birds eye view of the Pelicans bench.
    I am a fan of the game not biased for any club although I want my home team to be competitive no doubt.
    I feel until we get a Point Guard not Jrue Holiday which he has proven his skill set cannot get it done we as a unit will under perform.
    Oh ok
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

To take some of the hostility away and add some more activity to the forum, here is my offseason plan. Don't think it's too unrealistic, hope y'all like it.

Draft Wesley Iwundu
    Trade 2018 1st, Ajinca, & QPon for Jeremy Lin
    Sign Joe Ingles with the full MLE (CJ Miles is the 2nd option)
    Re-sign Jrue Holiday to 4/92 mil
    Re-sign Dante Cunningham 3/15mil (last year player option)

Draft Wesley Iwundu
    Or any SF that could develop into something respectable. I don’t know anything about 2nd round prospects.

As I have later on, the Pels re-sign Jrue and I do not think Jrue should be the primary ball handler. He can do some ball handling but relying on him is not the way to go. Lin is a playmaker and just what this team needs. Shoots the ball at a respectable percentage. The Nets are in no rush to be good in the coming years so giving them $9 million to kill over the next 2 years and a draft pick (which they don’t have next year) is a fairly even trade.

I have a man-crush on Joe Ingles. I love describing him as the itch you can’t scratch on defense. He is pesky and gets under player's skin. He is looking for a place to move with his wife and kids and I think New Orleans would be great for him. He’s the new hot 3-point shooter so he could end up making 8 figures. CJ Miles is our backup plan to Ingles.

He played 1/3 of his minutes this past season at SG and 2/3 in 2015-16. 23 million is going to have some people up in arms but I am a Jrue believer. He is about the 8th highest paid shooting guard in the NBA (I’m expecting KCP to get paid more and CJ’s extension kicks in).

He is a solid backup. Improved his 3-point shot a bit this past season. Played 78% of his minutes at PF this past year

Summary
    The Pelicans view Jrue Holiday as a priority, as do i so I put him in my offseason plan. While Jrue is a very good player, he isn’t the playmaker this team needs, the trade for Lin fixes that. Ingles is the 3-point shooting we so desperately need. Teams will be more concerned with him on the wing so that gives Cunningham more open looks from 3. Then finding some SF to develop

Lin/Frazier/Cook
    Holiday/Moore/Crawford
    Ingles/Hill/Iwundu
    AD/Cunningham
    Cousins/Diallo/Asik
    Welcome to be here

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    To take some of the hostility away and add some more activity to the forum, here is my offseason plan. Don't think it's too unrealistic, hope y'all like it.

Draft Wesley Iwundu

Draft Wesley Iwundu
    Or any SF that could develop into something respectable. I don’t know anything about 2nd round prospects.

As I have later on, the Pels re-sign Jrue and I do not think Jrue should be the primary ball handler. He can do some ball handling but relying on him is not the way to go. Lin is a playmaker and just what this team needs. Shoots the ball at a respectable percentage. The Nets are in no rush to be good in the coming years so giving them $9 million to kill over the next 2 years and a draft pick (which they don’t have next year) is a fairly even trade.

I have a man-crush on Joe Ingles. I love describing him as the itch you can’t scratch on defense. He is pesky and gets under player's skin. He is looking for a place to move with his wife and kids and I think New Orleans would be great for him. He’s the new hot 3-point shooter so he could end up making 8 figures. CJ Miles is our backup plan to Ingles.

He played 1/3 of his minutes this past season at SG and 2/3 in 2015-16. 23 million is going to have some people up in arms but I am a Jrue believer. He is about the 8th highest paid shooting guard in the NBA (I’m expecting KCP to get paid more and CJ’s extension kicks in).

He is a solid backup. Improved his 3-point shot a bit this past season. Played 78% of his minutes at PF this past year

Summary
    The Pelicans view Jrue Holiday as a priority, as do i so I put him in my offseason plan. While Jrue is a very good player, he isn’t the playmaker this team needs, the trade for Lin fixes that. Ingles is the 3-point shooting we so desperately need. Teams will be more concerned with him on the wing so that gives Cunningham more open looks from 3. Then finding some SF to develop

Lin/Frazier/Cook
    Holiday/Moore/Crawford
    Ingles/Hill/Iwundu
    AD/Cunningham
    Cousins/Diallo/Asik
    Lin is injured more than Jrue> Your starting back court will be injuries waiting to happen. Also, cant see giving Crawford less than 8-10 minutes per game. You have him as a pine rider behind Holiday & Moore.

Banned
    Jrue is damaged goods the guy has a steel rod along with screws in his leg.
    Let him go.
    Lin is not the type of player to lead this team.
    Q Tip is worthless to any team that guy is done. His knee it toast.
    Asik is done worthless as well.
    Danta is gone he wants to play for someone else with a stable front office.
    Everyone knows Alvin Gentry is on borrowed time.
    Drafting a Point Guard is the best solution to a bad problem we have as a ball club.
    DC will walk no doubt anyway so why try to balance a team for him?
    We should be building for the future of the franchise. We are in the situation now because of bad deals.
    Let's not make another
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 05-29-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Let him go.
    Drafting a Point Guard is the best solution to a bad problem we have as a ball club.
    We should be building for the future of the franchise. We are in the situation now because of bad deals.
    Let's not make another
    Bro, let it go. Copy and pasting into every sign Jrue thread isn't going to change minds. We all get your position, you've made it clear. And your formatting kills me.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Agree. His posts are the worst. It's fine if you have a differing opinion or have concerns, but he just needs to go away.

Let him go.
    Let's not make another
    Care to explain why Lin isn't the type of player to lead this team? Also how do you know that about Dante? Any sources or just blindly throwing darts? Lastly, ever try optimism? i get this team can be hard to watch but damn, you are so negative all the time. Look on the bright side for once. We have 2 top 5 big men in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Lin is injured more than Jrue> Your starting back court will be injuries waiting to happen. Also, cant see giving Crawford less than 8-10 minutes per game. You have him as a pine rider behind Holiday & Moore.
    Lin has played in 70+ games in the 4 seasons before this one. I know he only played 36 games this past season but he played in the last 23 of 26 games. His injury history shows that he is usually a very healthy player.

As for Crawford, I'm just not as high on him as others are. I see him as a chucker that got hot for a while. I like what he brings off the bench but in my eyes, he's a 4th guard at best.

Y'all really need to ignore some of these clowns dropping by for attention. When someone swears they are done with the pelicans but keeps coming back here to say stupid stuff, I will assume they are a fan.
    I'm a grinder

Bigger question.
    Going Your route Pels are probably tax team this season.

I will be very surprised when it will happen now. IMO it will be in 2019.

My expectation is that we wont add Jrue for 22-25 AND 13 million level PG AND full MLE player AND give a raise to Dante.

Of course you can stretch Asik. Trade AA and QPon.
    But you will become Portland. With no movement.

Portland has 3 picks. They will use 1-2 of them to dump contracts.

Dont see 4 year full MLE along with other long deals.
    This is why Dell cannot go over exact number with Jrue.

I see that Pels will rather give a one year deal with high number. In place of additional long term money.
    This is why Jrue must decide quick.

Let go Dante.
    Dont overpay Jrue.
    If he walks - give a shot to Mills with space and Collison with MLE.
    Use AA, QPon and a pick for a trade. Rubio. Lin. Wing. Whoever.

Remain with Asik. Stretch him next year. When we will talk tax.
    Dont go into tax now. Dont

The Franchise
    I don't think we can go into the tax if we don't resign Jrue which means fewer or cheap pickups. I'd still like Jrue for 20 but I still trade a next year 1st to unload and get players. Charlotte would be a good start if theyre blowing it up (Batum or MKG).

If the suns grab a pg in the draft I'd trade for either of the ones they got. Bledsoe would be better if he could stay healthy but I think Knight is more realistic with our resources and we may not have to give a lot for him.

Raid the Magic who may start over as well. Henzonja and Elfrid if they go guard and maybe Fournier if we have to give up a first.

Never been a fan of Lin and wouldn't give up anything to get him. I like Knight a little bit more. Teague would be perfect but think he'll be just out of our price range.

Draft Blossomgame who can play the 2&3, sign Justin Holiday who can also play the 2&3 and we could be set to make waves.

Jrue, Knight, Frazier
    Justin, Moore
    Solo, Blossomgame (Batum or Fournier if we trade a first)
    Davis, Diallo
    Cousins, Asik

Draft Wesley Iwundu

Draft Wesley Iwundu

Summary

Lin/Frazier/Cook
    Holiday/Moore/Crawford
    Ingles/Hill/Iwundu
    AD/Cunningham
    Cousins/Diallo/Asik
    Solid plan. Well thought out, explained clearly, seems realistic. I'm not crazy about trading a first for Lin, but he would be a good fit, especially next to Jrue. I also really like Ingles. I think that team could be a top 5 seed next year, assuming decent health.

Well done, we need more post like this.

Care to explain why Lin isn't the type of player to lead this team? Also how do you know that about Dante? Any sources or just blindly throwing darts? Lastly, ever try optimism? i get this team can be hard to watch but damn, you are so negative all the time. Look on the bright side for once. We have 2 top 5 big men in the league
    He has no sources. He just makes up this dumb crap as he goes. It's pathetic and annoying, but you gotta just try to ignore him. He's the biggest troll we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I don't think we can go into the tax if we don't resign Jrue which means fewer or cheap pickups. I'd still like Jrue for 20 but I still trade a next year 1st to unload and get players. Charlotte would be a good start if theyre blowing it up (Batum or MKG).
    I just said that we will go into tax when we add Jrue for 22-25 AND 13 million level PG AND full MLE player AND give a raise to Dante.

not resigning Jrue is other story

draft will determine who will take PG from the draft, and what will happen with all those holidays/Hills/Bledsoes of the world...

I feel like unless Dante gets a substantial offer then we really need to bring him back. His wing shooting is really needed. He is also a great backup for the type of bigs we have since he can also guard a 4 and stretch the floor.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I feel like unless Dante gets a substantial offer then we really need to bring him back. His wing shooting is really needed. He is also a great backup for the type of bigs we have since he can also guard a 4 and stretch the floor.
    I think if he wants too much money then let's roll with Diallo or I'm sure we could sign a cheap stretch 4 but either way we can't spend too much on a backup that's minutes we're going down already with Cousins signing. He'll get even less time if we sign a sf in the offseason.

Banned
    Danta is as good as gone.
    He wants the opportunity to start plus the chance to play for a playoff team.
    I guess in 5 weeks we will know more details.

Thread Information