Pelicans Report

Thread: Patrick Beverly, Anyone?

Patrick Beverly, Anyone?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Beverley-Trade

Guy is on a great contract, is defensively brilliant, is used to playing off the ball, hits 3's at a great %.

Personally I'd be ok with trading our 2018 1st for him + Ajinca (they kinda do need another big on their roster).

Cousins
    AD
    Hill
    Jrue
    Beverley

That is a defensive juggernaut!

Protected maybe

Banned
    Jrue? We need a Real Point Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Jrue? We need a Real Point Guard
    Do we though? We just hired a guy who designed offense to run through the center position. Jrue had some bad plays under pressure last season but he isn't a bad floor general. I'm more excited about the defensive upside.

I think Beverley would be a great fit in the 3 and D role from the PG position. I would not give up a 1st round pick for him though. Maybe Ajinca and our 2nd this year, that would be my max offer. This is just Houston opening up a spot for CP3.

I think we would then dramatically overpay Jrue to be our SG just to be a fringe playoff team with that lineup. We really need another bold move for a 3rd star (Lowery is our best chance) if we are to become truly relevant as an organization.

At least if Beverly was on our team Jrue wouldn't get stripped of the ball 5 times a game.

Banned
    Can't make it to the playoffs with Jrue at the 1 or 2.
    Don't forget he avg 6 points a game in the series against the Warriors when we made the playoffs.
    Curry lit him up.
    When he gets matched up with high caliber guards he is schooled big time.
    Let's get a legit Point Guard a player with a explosive first step off the dribble.
    Jrue doesn't have the skill set to take this ball club to the higher level.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 06-20-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I think Beverley would be a great fit in the 3 and D role from the PG position. I would not give up a 1st round pick for him though. Maybe Ajinca and our 2nd this year, that would be my max offer. This is just Houston opening up a spot for CP3.

I think we would then dramatically overpay Jrue to be our SG just to be a fringe playoff team with that lineup. We really need another bold move for a 3rd star (Lowery is our best chance) if we are to become truly relevant as an organization.
    I'm just not sure we have the assets to bring in a star player. No expiring deals, no great picks, no young upside guys aside from Diallo (AD/Boogie untouchable). So a guy like Beverley could be the deal to go with.

I also think Jrue will be a fan fave if he stays and gets a training camp with the new team/scheme. The wheels fell off when we got Boogie and the chemistry wasnt established.

No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Can't make it to the playoffs with Jrue at the 1 or 2.
    Don't forget he avg 6 points a game in the series against the Warriors when we made the playoffs.
    Curry lit him up.
    When he gets matched up with high caliber guards he is schooled big time.
    Let's get a legit Point Guard a player with a explosive first step off the dribble.
    Jrue doesn't have the skill set to take this ball club to the higher level.
    Completely Agree, every good team has a PG with a explosive first step. Jrue likes to weave inside the 3 point line and play slow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Forenzik View Post
    Completely Agree, every good team has a PG with a explosive first step. Jrue likes to weave inside the 3 point line and play slow.
    Just watch the Heat game in March.
    Dragic whipped Jrue up bad in that game. Exposed every weaknesses in his game. He poured in over 30 points on Holiday.
    A prime example why we can't win with Holiday

He's pitbull in defense. I would ther pay him 6 mil per year than to pay jrue 25.

Pretty much the perfect fit at PG in a team with two great bigs in Cuz and AD. If all it takes to get Beverley is a future first round pick and a filler like Ajinca it's a no brainer. But because Beverley is one of the best on-ball defenders in the league, it's not likely he will be that cheap. He is one of the Rockets core players. He is one of their leaders. Why should they give him away for a fringe NBA player like Ajinca and what is most likely a mid or late first round pick in 2018?

Banned
    The Rockets are on a mission to get the most out of their squad they can at the moment.
    I am not sold on Beverly for the best fit with the Pelicans.
    I believe we need to stay with Crawford Moore at the 2 spot.
    Dump Jrue Holiday wash our hands of him for sure.
    Get a young aggressive Point Guard and let it rip.
    Having a good Point Guard will open up the offense.
    Let's hope Demps makes the right move
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 06-21-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Yes and I would give up a protected 1st for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Krysanthem View Post
    Pretty much the perfect fit at PG in a team with two great bigs in Cuz and AD. If all it takes to get Beverley is a future first round pick and a filler like Ajinca it's a no brainer. But because Beverley is one of the best on-ball defenders in the league, it's not likely he will be that cheap. He is one of the Rockets core players. He is one of their leaders. Why should they give him away for a fringe NBA player like Ajinca and what is most likely a mid or late first round pick in 2018?
    Rumor is they are clearing space for Lowry.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Rumor is they are clearing space for Lowry.
    Lowry next to Harden? Instead of strengthening their big man positions or going after upper echolon wing defenders to compete with the Warriors, they invest heavily into the PG position, when Harden pretty much is used to dominate the ball for 36 minutes?
    And with this new PG they would actually downgrade their perimeter defense and add playmaking, that isn't really needed because of Harden. Interesting.

I would take Beverley.

Adding Beverley would be an awesome move. Jrue and Beverley would be one of the best defensive backcourts in the league.

Top 10 protected for Beverly and its a deal
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    Top 10 protected for Beverly and its a deal
    Agreed. would it be too much to try to sign patty mills as well?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Adding Beverley would be an awesome move. Jrue and Beverley would be one of the best defensive backcourts in the league.
    Man that would be scary. Especially if they're both shooting the ball well. Plus he has experience with Harden of kinda being an off-ball type guard

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    At least if Beverly was on our team Jrue wouldn't get stripped of the ball 5 times a game.

Thread Information